The 'Booing' Topic

Landlord

When I complain against booing, I'm not saying to strip everyone of their freedom of speech. And on the complete opposite side of the spectrum, I'm not going to on some PC babble about protecting people's feelings.

But I will say that booing shows lack of dignity and respect. My opinion on problems in our country is me calling it as I see it. People just don't care about anyone but themselves. Are you the kind of person that chews out a store employee to get what you want? Would you just as well speed up your car, as let the person with their turn signal into your lane? What did you do today to make a stranger happy? Boo them when they dropped a pass, or had a bad game, or called the wrong play?

I like to think I treat others how I want to be treated. And to me, booing is not a part of my vocabulary. I can't and won't tell you not to boo, only that I don't like it when you do. Boo hoo. There ya go, have fun with that.

Here's something for you to chew on though. Read it. Think about it. Then read it again and then think about it again.

Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory.

NU players not playing like they are supposed to shows a lack of dignity and respect towards the NU Football program and its history of success and domination.

As bad as they are, Husker tickets should sell for no more than 5 or 10 a ticket. Charging any more is a rip-off to watch that circus..."[/i]

now on-topic whats so wrong about booing? players do something good they pose like superman, they wanna get clapped on the shoulder then they should be able to takes some booing. This ain't JV football

I posted the following in another thread but it seems to fit here better.

If you consider yourself part of Husker Nation, if you wear RED on game days, if you drive to Lincoln for a game, if you tailgate and have a great time pre-game, if you are lucky and find tickets, if you are even luckier and have season tickets, if the hair on the back of your neck stands up when you hear the tunnel walk start, and if you should even think about booing these kids who work their asses off for this team, this University, this state then you need to simply

S-T-F-U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T_O_B

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

When I complain against booing, I'm not saying to strip everyone of their freedom of speech. And on the complete opposite side of the spectrum, I'm not going to on some PC babble about protecting people's feelings.

But I will say that booing shows lack of dignity and respect. My opinion on problems in our country is me calling it as I see it. People just don't care about anyone but themselves. Are you the kind of person that chews out a store employee to get what you want? Would you just as well speed up your car, as let the person with their turn signal into your lane? What did you do today to make a stranger happy? Boo them when they dropped a pass, or had a bad game, or called the wrong play?

I like to think I treat others how I want to be treated. And to me, booing is not a part of my vocabulary. I can't and won't tell you not to boo, only that I don't like it when you do. Boo hoo. There ya go, have fun with that.

Here's something for you to chew on though. Read it. Think about it. Then read it again and then think about it again.

Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory.

NU players not playing like they are supposed to shows a lack of dignity and respect towards the NU Football program and its history of success and domination.

I actually agree with Vince. <_<

:laughpound

I have no problem with this team losing as long as they are playing hard and showing that they want to win. On Saturday, the offense just flat out did not look like they wanted to win. They looked like they expected TT to bow down to their will and let them score all over the place.

In what way was our offense exhibiting the morals of this stanza on Saturday? In what way was the lackluster play we saw out there exhibiting respect for the game? In what way was our awful clock management seeking glory in the deed? That's on the coaches and on the players. We cannot say they were living up to this, and it's not acceptable.

And let's not forget the tenets of the Husker Prayer out there? This is their prayer before every game:

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair,

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare,

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high,

If we should lose we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by..

Day by Day, we get better and better!

The team that can't be beat, WON'T BE BEAT!

We cannot possibly assert that our WRs were playing by these standards. We cannot possibly assert that our O Line was.

Holding the players who accept scholarships to this institution to this standard is our obligation. If the coaches and the fans don't care enough to hold them accountable for the standards we profess to hold dear, nobody will.

It's the proverbial stick and carrot. We cannot simply give them carrots and hope for the best. There is a time and a place for the stick.

Notice the bolded part the point of the prayer iand the the aformentioned saying is that above all show integrity. Booing shows a huge lack of integrity and I'm bnot saying there isn't a right to do it however it lacks class and respect that should be expected of Husker fans

I actually agree with Vince. <_<

:laughpound

I have no problem with this team losing as long as they are playing hard and showing that they want to win. On Saturday, the offense just flat out did not look like they wanted to win. They looked like they expected TT to bow down to their will and let them score all over the place.

And I even type slow for your benefit. I'm glad to see it's starting to work. :clap

In what way was our offense exhibiting the morals of this stanza on Saturday? In what way was the lackluster play we saw out there exhibiting respect for the game? In what way was our awful clock management seeking glory in the deed? That's on the coaches and on the players. We cannot say they were living up to this, and it's not acceptable.

And let's not forget the tenets of the Husker Prayer out there? This is their prayer before every game:

A chance to do or dare,

If we should lose we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by..

We cannot possibly assert that our WRs were playing by these standards. We cannot possibly assert that our O Line was.

Holding the players who accept scholarships to this institution to this standard is our obligation. If the coaches and the fans don't care enough to hold them accountable for the standards we profess to hold dear, nobody will.

It's the proverbial stick and carrot. We cannot simply give them carrots and hope for the best. There is a time and a place for the stick.

Notice the bolded part the point of the prayer iand the the aformentioned saying is that above all show integrity. Booing shows a huge lack of integrity and I'm bnot saying there isn't a right to do it however it lacks class and respect that should be expected of Husker fans

You may want to read the bolded part again. It's about the OTHER TEAM. We gave Tech a standing ovation as they left the field. They played well, and they earned our respect. Job done, fans.

I'll separate out the part that deals with our team for you, so there's no confusion:

A chance to do or dare,

LINE OMITTED

LINE OMITTED

The italicized lines are the responsibility of our team. They are a promise to the fans, to the coaches, to each other and to themselves that they will do their best, give their all, and do it well. When they don't, we don't have the RIGHT to chastise them, we have an OBLIGATION.

The Mission Statement of this football team is pretty clear. If I feel that's something I can support, then this is the team for me. If not, I can always find another team.

If you consider yourself part of Husker Nation, if you wear RED on game days, if you drive to Lincoln for a game, if you tailgate and have a great time pre-game, if you are lucky and find tickets, if you are even luckier and have season tickets, if the hair on the back of your neck stands up when you hear the tunnel walk start, and if you should even think about booing these kids who work their asses off for this team, this University, this state then you need to simply

T_O_B

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

quite a harsh language for an old man!

booing is simply a form of communication. I criticize by booing. I as a fan have the right to criticize. As someone else said in this thread whats the difference between booing and critizing here on this board?

T_O_B

You can make your little "STFU" bold, red, size 7, underlined, italicized, flashing in neon brightness and any other text trick you can think of. It still won't change the fact that you're dead wrong about booing the team.

If you have ever spanked your kid, you're being hypocritical with this anti-booing rant you're on. If you have ever griped about the coaching on this team, you're being hypocritical with this anti-booing rant you're on. If you have ever griped about the a Husker not playing up to par, you're being hypocritical with this anti-booing rant you're on.

You cannot be 100% rah-rah positive about the team every single time they take the field. If they're not living up to what it means to wear our uniform, and you don't hold them accountable, you're doing these players a disservice.

I wasnt at the game, i was watching it on TV, i didnt hear any boos during the 4th quarter or even after the game. But if they were going on at that time, then im ashamed of some of our fans.

Whatever happened to...

"If we should lose, we stand by the road, and cheer as the winners go by."

not defending bad fans... but we cheer as the winners go by, BUT THEY (HUSKERS) ARE NOT GETTING BETTER.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Sorry about the graininess, don't have hd on the old tube...

(picture of that MU player crying)

Edit: If you want the original, its taken in 12 megapixel, so it can be blown up ALOT

I love the search function ...so much for showing respect

now, do you have a picture of yourself crying, I would like to post it and make fun of it

Yeah this isn't about booing your team for losing a game. I wasn't there so I don't know what the few fans were booing at and I am sure it wasn't the majority. Chances are they were booing at the complete lack of effort by our guys. So you guys that say we shouldn't boo...did you guys gripe the whole time about the way we played? It's the same f@@#ing thing! You guys are hypocrits saying we should have more class and not boo, blah, blah, blah. You know what, it isn't ok with how we played and we as a fanbase are to the point that we are tired of seeing this kind of crap. We have no problems losing to a better team if we give it 100% and we play hard the entire game. But you can damn well be sure that Nebraska fans are going to be telling you when we don't see that.

I love Bo, but he is the head coach. You don't become a defensive genius without knowing something about the offensive side. So maybe he should start getting involved more with the offense and light a fire under their asses too. As far as him saying the fans can boo all they want, but until they start watching the film and earn the head coach job, blah, blah...until then the buck stops here. Give me a break...you guys sucked and we let you know, period. I don't mind calling him an a@@hole...just means I love him. But for Watson, I have wanted him gone for a while now...even the colorado fans didn't want him so why would we?

When did we turn into such a whining, cringing, sorrowful band of misfits? What happened to the expectations of excellence from the fans? Where did the people with backbone go?

We can't boo now? Are you kidding me?

Pretending that you don't support the team if you say "Boo" at a game is laughable.

There is NO DIFFERENCE between booing and griping about the play of a player here on a message board. If you're man enough to gripe that a player isn't playing up to snuff here, be man enough to do it in person, too. If you're going to gripe about the coaches here, then do it in person, too.

You can take your politically correct BS and file it...

I have never booed the team or the coaches at a game. I doubt I ever will. But if I do, you can bet your sweet bippy they've earned it from me. I know EXACTLY what it means to put on that uniform. I know what the N on the side of that helmet means. If you put on that jersey, you had damned well better represent that N or you should EXPECT to hear it from the fans.

Husker up, people. Stop acting like a dissenting opinion is the end of the world.

I'm new here and not trying to be a smartass in the least and agree with what you said above. I was just wondering... Did you play for the Huskers?

If we are going to boo when things aren't going our way then what seperates us from every other fan base in college football.

NOTHING.

Fans are fans. Nebraska fans might think they are better and might buy into the media hype that we are so great and can do no wrong. When it comes down to it we aren't any different than anybody else. We have been let down for too long and we are tired of losing the kind of games we lost on Saturday and it's showing.

Nebraska fans = Humans = Human Nature= Often not nice

The only true degree of separation between Nebraska fans and other college football fans are.

We generally don't assault opposing fans.

We aren't AS verbally abusive and visitors aren't afraid to come here.

We have sold out memorial stadium 301 times showing immaculate loyalty.

Some of us golf clap opponents win or lose at the end of home games.

When did we turn into such a whining, cringing, sorrowful band of misfits? What happened to the expectations of excellence from the fans? Where did the people with backbone go?

We can't boo now? Are you kidding me?

Pretending that you don't support the team if you say "Boo" at a game is laughable.

There is NO DIFFERENCE between booing and griping about the play of a player here on a message board. If you're man enough to gripe that a player isn't playing up to snuff here, be man enough to do it in person, too. If you're going to gripe about the coaches here, then do it in person, too.

You can take your politically correct BS and file it...

I have never booed the team or the coaches at a game. I doubt I ever will. But if I do, you can bet your sweet bippy they've earned it from me. I know EXACTLY what it means to put on that uniform. I know what the N on the side of that helmet means. If you put on that jersey, you had damned well better represent that N or you should EXPECT to hear it from the fans.

Husker up, people. Stop acting like a dissenting opinion is the end of the world.

AMEN AND AMEN!