Joe Ganz

I'm glad to hear this too.

I remember hearing a lot last year about Ganz wanting to coach, and Watson praising Ganz saying he could be a great coach some day.

On a similar note, didn't Zac Taylor stay on with the Husker program in 2007? I thought I remembered seeing him on the sidelines. Does anybody know where he went or what he did?

I'm glad to hear this too.

I remember hearing a lot last year about Ganz wanting to coach, and Watson praising Ganz saying he could be a great coach some day.

On a similar note, didn't Zac Taylor stay on with the Husker program in 2007? I thought I remembered seeing him on the sidelines. Does anybody know where he went or what he did?

Yes, he stuck around for a little bit after a failed bid with the Bucs. Now he's down at A&M as GA on staff with Randy Jordan and Buddy Wyatt (I think those two are still there). He's married to Sherman's daughter so there's plenty of connections for him. I think he's got a lot of potential as a coach.

I'm also glad to hear that Ganz is joining the staff. I know he was on the sideline for at least one of the games this year, but it will be great to have him full time next year.

Boy, there sure is a lot of leg humping in this thread. I guess everyone forgot about Frazier's great coaching career. I'm not saying Ganz will suck, but I'm not saying he'll be great or much of an asset either.

Well I don't recall what TO said about Frazier's possible Coach Acumen, but Watson and Bo have both been on the record saying that Joe would make a good coach. I guess that is what you get for being in a program 5 years with most of it studying the offense to try and get an edge to earn playing time. Hopefully Joe becomes a good coach, I believe he will. I don't however expect him to be much more than a GA next year, he may work with the QB's but not as an official QB Coach. I really hope they find a way to elevate Coleman to a coaching title, I have heard good things about him.

Does Watson have his own playbook? I would assume he isn't using Clownahans. If this is the case, then Ganz has like one year studying Watson's playbook as I doubt Clownahan used Watson's in 2007. I hope Ganz becomes a great coach as well, but I think everyone's going a little overboard with their enthusiasm of him becoming a GA next year.

Does Watson have his own playbook? I would assume he isn't using Clownahans. If this is the case, then Ganz has like one year studying Watson's playbook as I doubt Clownahan used Watson's in 2007. I hope Ganz becomes a great coach as well, but I think everyone's going a little overboard with their enthusiasm of him becoming a GA next year.

Considering they are using the same plays and terminology as when Callafraud was there.......

Watson does have his own plays and is incorporating them into the mix. The bad thing is Watson and Callafraud are two peas in pod when it comes to offensive philosophy as evident by the schemes and plays. All of this is coming from my nephew who was there when Callafraud was there and is still there today.

Watson was the OC for 1 year under Callahan in addition to last season so that makes at least 2 years. But I am pretty sure they kept the offense mostly the same, I remember reading that in the LJS as offensive continuity was why TO insisted that Watson stay on. Only changes really were modifications and the additions of the Zone Read last season and I am sure Watson added some of his own wrinkles. I agree on the enthusiasm though, I think he can be a good coach but I am not sure he will provide the golden touch for the QB's right away.

Who's plays was Watson using at CU in 2001 then? CU in 01' and Clownahan's offenses are on completely different ends of the spectrum.

Well......no they're not.

He IS using the same plays as per my nephew who plays for NU and DID SO under Callafraud. His playbook at CU is almost identical from a scheme and philosophy perspective as it is today. Since today he is using the Callafraud plays today - that means HIS playbook is petty much the same as Callafraud's.

I have a feeling I'll have to explain this a third time real soon.