Bobby Swigert

I don't post often, although I am on here much more than I should be.

I don't give a crap about star ranking. Sometimes its dead on, other times it misses big. You can have your Bud Sassers and Joshua Reeses. Some might prefer Tyler Slavin or Austin Hill. Give me Bobby Swigert any day of the week.

If you disagree with me I just say watch the film. If you have seen it before, watch it again, cause this kid has it all. This is the kid we need to line up across from Curtis Carter. Carter will be a nighmare for CB's one on one. Swigert would be a nightmare of a mismatch in the slot for LB's and safeties. Pick your poison opposing defenses. Who do you want to burn you.

We need Swigert. He would be our Burkhead of 2010. I'm not saying that because he is white. I say that because this kid knows football. You can see it in his every move, just like Burkhead. He's tough, smart, fast, athletic, hard working, and hard nosed, to the full extent. He has beat his opponent before they ever have a chance to tackle him. You can just see the Swagger ( or should I say Swigert ).

Basselope, I know you read this message board from time to time. Your family has one hell of a football player there. I just want to say good luck and God bless with Bobby's injury, but you can see from the film a kid that won't let anything hold him down. Good luck to Bobby where ever he ends up.

With that being said. GO BIG RED! Let's put the full court press on for Bobby. I want this kid N! He epitomizes Nebraska football.

For those who have not seen the highlight reel; enjoy!

A lot more on this fine young man in his Recruiting Thread. Basselope has been kind of enough to share updates and insights on this young man and I think the thing I am most impressed with is the kind of character this young man exhibits. He is very similar to Burkhead in that regard. He is a very classy individual with skills and I would love to see him play for the Huskers, but more importantly I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do.

Damn, this this is the first piece of film I've seen on this kid and I am very impressed. I agree he would would be a great slot.

Highest compliment I can pay him after watching that film is this: he reminds me of Nate Swift. Soft hands, nice change of direction and good vision on the field. The comparison made earlier to Rex is a good one.

Haha, I was going to make the same comparison with Swift but I figured I'd get the "why bc he's white too" statement. But he really does, or he reminds me of Jordan Shipley an awful lot too.

yeah, and Jordy Nelson as well! :)

Seems like there is a comparison we are missing, who could it be?

Ah yes, WES WELKER!!!!! :dumdum