Prediction

husker4

Tomorrow Zac Lee will be the starter and we will see an amazing performance from him. He will have a career day and the offense will look good. Everyone around campus will switch from the "start Cody" bandwagon back to hyping Zac Lee.

Lee will start the rest of the season and lead us to a 9-3 season and the B12CG.

that is all. thoughts?

I don't disagree with the first couple of sentences. I'm not in the 9-3 season yet. I want to see how KU looks against OU before getting that excited. We could very well lose to OU and still be in the Big 12 Championship game and lose to Texass which would make us a 4 loss team. If we're strictly going with regular season and excluding the Big 12 Championship game and a bowl game, then yeah I can buy a 9-3 season.

I don't disagree with the first couple of sentences. I'm not in the 9-3 season yet. I want to see how KU looks against OU before getting that excited. We could very well lose to OU and still be in the Big 12 Championship game and lose to Texass which would make us a 4 loss team. If we're strictly going with regular season and excluding the Big 12 Championship game and a bowl game, then yeah I can buy a 9-3 season.

9-3 is based on regular season only, otherwise I think he would have said 10-3 or 9-4 or even 11-3, 10-4, 9-5.

I'm optimistic about 9-3, but I do believe that if Bo's going to start Cody than it needs to be this week! Considering the loss of Bradford, I don't see a game remaining on our schedule that we can't win and it'll be great for him to get some games under his belt before OU. Watching from the sideline might do Lee some good in case we need him later.

I'm optimistic about 9-3, but I do believe that if Bo's going to start Cody than it needs to be this week! Considering the loss of Bradford, I don't see a game remaining on our schedule that we can't win and it'll be great for him to get some games under his belt before OU. Watching from the sideline might do Lee some good in case we need him later.

Tomorrow Zac Lee will be the starter and we will see an amazing performance from him. He will have a career day and the offense will look good. Everyone around campus will switch from the "start Cody" bandwagon back to hyping Zac Lee.

Lee will start the rest of the season and lead us to a 9-3 season and the B12CG.

that is all. thoughts?

I agree with the bolded part, and with ISU's defense I could see a fairly decent day. CG will play a lot tomorrow, probably in the first half. I think he will look just as good as Zac does. I think no matter who we have at QB we can go 9-3 and win the North.

So for fun, here is my prediction with both starters

Game result with CG result with ZL

ISU W 41-7 W 31-14 I feel ZL will have the defense on the field longer

@ Baylor W 24-3 W 17-10 CG first road game, Lee on the road

OU L 17-21 L 7-31 Don't like our chances in this game, same ol' Lee

@ KU W 41-21 W 35-31 There D is so bad we will score, our D will slow them down

KSU W 49-3 W 31-10 Again the D is tired, on the field too long with Lee

@ CU W 27-10 W 21-13 Usually close, we pull away at the end.

So I think the record would be the same, but think we COULD be a better team with a mobile QB. I realize I don't have much to go off of for this prediction, just my gut feeling. I feel CG may have took a lot of chances, but at least he isn't afraid to try and make a play. I also think he wouldn't press so much if he wasn't down by 3 TDs. I guess I feel that if you win the same games with CG or ZL, and if you think CG wins the starting job next year, why don't you start him now?

Anyway, there you go, my prediction.

that is all. thoughts?

Of course, this team always looks good against creampuffs. It's the good teams where they sputter.

I personally would love to see Cody start. He almost seems to have a bit of a Brook Berringer aura about him the (I'll do the work it takes to win) but I'm not sure he is quite ready yet. He has improved mentally so much I can't imagine what he will be in 4 years. But, We need to remember that we don't see what happens in the week. So I truly have faith that Coach Bo will pick the right guy for Sat. From all the interviews sounds like Lee will start and will show himself better. Remember he is still only a junior himself and is really not far from being pretty good himself. If we could open up the running game and throw the D off for him they won't already know what he is going to do. Coach Bo the other day said the O line just needs to get more physical and I agree. What I don't see is on the initial hit is our guys pushing the D line back. That one change could make the running game work and give Lee that split second more he needs to pick his receiver.

GBR

What is everyone hoping to see from Lee if he starts? really? Say he has a good game like he did against the sunbelt, is that going to change anything? No. IMO, the more Lee plays in the next two games, the harder its going to be for Green when he has to come in against OU down 21+ because the "head case" showed up again. It's BS - START GREEN NOW and get his jitters out of the way while we can afford it.

What is everyone hoping to see from Lee if he starts? really? Say he has a good game like he did against the sunbelt, is that going to change anything? No. IMO, the more Lee plays in the next two games, the harder its going to be for Green when he has to come in against OU down 21+ because the "head case" showed up again. It's BS - START GREEN NOW and get his jitters out of the way while we can afford it.

Thought He looked pretty good in the Mizzou game when everything clicked. Let's hope that Watson helps him tap into that consistently.

that is all. thoughts?

I agree with the bolded part, and with ISU's defense I could see a fairly decent day. CG will play a lot tomorrow, probably in the first half. I think he will look just as good as Zac does. I think no matter who we have at QB we can go 9-3 and win the North.

So I think the record would be the same, but think we COULD be a better team with a mobile QB. I realize I don't have much to go off of for this prediction, just my gut feeling. I feel CG may have took a lot of chances, but at least he isn't afraid to try and make a play. I also think he wouldn't press so much if he wasn't down by 3 TDs. I guess I feel that if you win the same games with CG or ZL, and if you think CG wins the starting job next year, why don't you start him now?

I agree that with either QB we will go 9-3

however i think that with Lee our offense will be a little more consistent considering Lee knows the offense much better that Green and the defenses we have left (minus OU) are not good, we have all seen what Lee can do when he goes against a bad D

Having said that, I think Green should get his chance to show what he can do. Its not like NU will be playing for a National Championship next year with Lee, so why not groom Green for the future

I can handle some freshmen mistakes this year, with the benefits coming in 1 or 2 years.

that is all. thoughts?

I agree that with either QB we will go 9-3

however i think that with Lee our offense will be a little more consistent considering Lee knows the offense much better that Green and the defenses we have left (minus OU) are not good, we have all seen what Lee can do when he goes against a bad D

Having said that, I think Green should get his chance to show what he can do. Its not like NU will be playing for a National Championship next year with Lee, so why not groom Green for the future

I can handle some freshmen mistakes this year, with the benefits coming in 1 or 2 years.

Yes. He will consistently not step up in the pocket, take sacks, miss receivers, and throw short on 3rd and long.

Here's to consistency! :cheers ...... <_<

I agree with starting Green right now so that he can begin to mature. But, I find it interesting that in every prediction you have the opposing team scoring more points with Lee as the starting QB. I realize the defense would likely be on the field more with Lee, but they haven't really shown issues with getting fatigued late in the game, despite having been on the field ALOT in all of our major games thus far.

As a very young starter, Green is much more likely to be prone to turnovers than Lee is, especially as he has shown that he is more willing to take chances in the passing game. It seems to me that if we start Lee, we'll probably continue to have a bunch of low-scoring, ugly games where neither team can score due to our offensive ineptitude, but defensive prowess. If Green starts, we'll probably put more points on the board, but be more susceptible to giving up points due to turnovers.

I'd personally take Green at this point. We would at least get some exciting football instead having to watch our offense go 3 and out all day.