Starter for tomorrow

I believe the newspaper said that the quarterbacks were not wearing green jerseys this week. It made me think that maybe Zac Lee practices better while wearing a green jersey than he does in live action.

For a young guy, I think Cody handles the pressure of a real game pretty well. He just needs some more time with the 1st team offense.

Taylor Martinez is gonna be the guy :LOLtartar

What happened to him? Maybe redshirt I am guessing?

ANyway I was thinking whoever had the better week at practice will get the nod. At this point I think that would be the only reason Lee has a shot at starting.

I would guess RS also. As for will he stay at QB? Well I guess we will have to wait for Spring Ball next year to get a read on that.

Bo's said all week, "Nothing has changed", i've read that all week as "Zac Lee is still the starter"

He was referring to "It will be a gametime decision" as far as nothing changing. He also said that if he was going to make the announcement, that it wouldn't have been there(that particular interview).

Lee better get his crap together, and fast. There's no reason why this game should be close.

Bo's said all week, "Nothing has changed", i've read that all week as "Zac Lee is still the starter"

yup. I think most expected he'd start. Many of us think he'll get pulled if he doesn't perform well.

I hope Lee does well these next three weeks. If he does well the next two weeks and bad against Oklahoma, there are going to be a lot of people out there telling the program we told you so.

huh? what does this mean? :dunno

I can't stand to see zac lee start this is just plain sh#t. Of course he is going to do good then next 2 weeks then hes going to see another good front 4 and fall apart. Get this creampuff off the field and lets see what our future has. Green is the future why not give him a year to gain his feet in hostile games.

Zac just shats himself against tough competition. Much like any Freshman would. Just not enough experience.

I am more curious to see how the OL responds. They have absolutely killed us with penalties in the red zone. They have killed a lot of drives for us.

anyways, I support whoever takes the field, and I am expecting Lee

* and yes I know he isn't a freshman

I talked to football player in my class today and he said Pelini is giving Lee the nod against Iowa State. I didn't ask, but im assuming he has the first half to get the offense going or they will probably go with Green in the second half...just my assumption tho.

so what, Lee has another great game against a subpar defense.

What a bunch of crap. I would be surprised if they ever get a commitment from another high profile QB

:box:box

Hate to bust everyone's bubble, but Lee is not the real problem. The O-line has not been stepping up, receivers are dropping passes that should be caught, and we have injuries with our corps of backs. Until those issues are fixed, don't expect anyone to succeed at QB.

I am a Green supporter, but I would rather have him come in when he has a fair chance to succeed, and right now it is looking like the deck is stacked against whoever the QB would be. Watson also needs to do something with the play calling, because he is getting too predictable. :box:box

Hate to bust everyone's bubble, but Lee is not the real problem. The O-line has not been stepping up, receivers are dropping passes that should be caught, and we have injuries with our corps of backs. Until those issues are fixed, don't expect anyone to succeed at QB.

I am a Green supporter, but I would rather have him come in when he has a fair chance to succeed, and right now it is looking like the deck is stacked against whoever the QB would be. Watson also needs to do something with the play calling, because he is getting too predictable. :box:box

I agree with this post, except I would have started it by saying "Lee is only part of the problem"

Everyone is pretty much aware of that, but if we are going to give up our inept receivers, Cody's speed give us many more options on the rushing front.

I agree with this post, except I would have started it by saying "Lee is only part of the problem"

Point well taken. I think Lee was a better QB at the start of the season, mainly because he didn't have happy feet as much as he does now. He has no pocket presence what so ever anymore, if pressure is coming, he don't really feel it, and if it isn't, he imagines it. I think that comes from having his pocket collapse on him so much the last few games.

Everyone is pretty much aware of that, but if we are going to give up our inept receivers, Cody's speed give us many more options on the rushing front.

I just hate to throw Cody out there and take the risk of him getting hurt right off the bat - the line still has to be able to make some holes up the middle, you can't just do end arounds all day long... I wish Watson would come up with some good option plays, because I think Cody would be great in that roll. I think he has the potential to be as good as any option QB that we have had.

How many more chances are we going to give lee. Hes not a terrible QB but we need a leader out there. If he pussyfoots around like he did during the tech game were screwed. Green needs the nod, sorry i think its his time. This isnt one game were talking about, its 3 games i havent seen him do anything spectaclier (spelling). Even if he does great today, whos to say hes great against oklahoma, or kansas. I mean cummon if we get Green in there now and work out his bugs. He might just be a real help the next few years.

This just kills me. How many QB's are great against Oklahoma? Oh, I forgot, Joe tore the Sooners up last year. What happens if Green starts, kills Iowa st and Baylor, but throws 3 picks againts Oklahoma. We lose 30 to 10. Whose bandwagon are we going to jump on next? Kody Spano? Latravis Washington? Tyler Gabbert? Don't get me wrong, whoever starts, I want to see them succeed, Green, Lee, Washington, doesn't matter, but it seems like some fans want some players to fail just so they can post their supperior knowledge on a message board.