husker fans

as an ISU fan, i was happy to have about 500 people try to fight me after the game....stay classy Lincoln....and GO STATE

You had 500 people try to fight you, but none were successful? By chance, did any of these people have the names Paul or Lee on the back of their shirts. Seriously, your story doesn't hold much water, and you probably were being an a$$hat.

Congrats on the win.

Oh, you learned to use caps by the end of your sentence. A little too late.

I don't know a better place to post this, so i will put here and maybe a few others that run along the line of this subject.

I spent 6 years in the military traveling around the country and the world meeting new people, and during that time i met a lot of college football fans (especially from Texas) and i put up with a huge amount of negativity towards the Huskers.

But i have never experienced or would think to see this kind of negativity towards the Huskers from our very own fans. What ever happened to being respectful fans? What ever happened to being respectful to our team or supportive to our team?

Even during the bad years under Tom Osborne, Husker fans never booed, Husker fans didn't try to get into fights with other fans, Husker fans were very supportive for their struggling team. What has happened to that?

People will do what they want, thats life. But right now i feel like the only thing that is giving the Huskers a bad name is the some of the fans themselves.

You're probably the tool that walked out of the student section next to me on your phone. Talking as loud as you can "It's f'ing great, everyone's crying. No these bitches are actually crying!" You're lucky our students have class because I'd have much rather kicked you in the head.

I don't know a better place to post this, so i will put here and maybe a few others that run along the line of this subject.

I spent 6 years in the military traveling around the country and the world meeting new people, and during that time i met a lot of college football fans (especially from Texas) and i put up with a huge amount of negativity towards the Huskers.

But i have never experienced or would think to see this kind of negativity towards the Huskers from our very own fans. What ever happened to being respectful fans? What ever happened to being respectful to our team or supportive to our team?

Even during the bad years under Tom Osborne, Husker fans never booed, Husker fans didn't try to get into fights with other fans, Husker fans were very supportive for their struggling team. What has happened to that?

People will do what they want, thats life. But right now i feel like the only thing that is giving the Huskers a bad name is the some of the fans themselves.

The hell they didn't boo when Osborne was coach, and we didn't really have 'struggling teams' - we never lost more than 3, remember? Mauer was booed, as was Frost (during a great year, no less). I've heard a lot of stories of For Sale signs ending up in Osborne's yard, and he even took a trips to Boulder and East Lansing - and there weren't a lot of Husker fans opposed to it at the time. Right after we got railed by Georgia Tech in the Citrus Bowl, Osborne and his coaching staff were all brushing up their resumes, expecting to get the axe.

As a Husker fan, I love Husker fans, but we're pretty much the same as we've always been. You could go back in history and see the discontent in our fan base. The thing is, though, when we fill up the stadium 302 consecutive times, and with the kind of donations that are given to the athletic facilities, we expect to see a better effort than 8 turnovers and a loss to IOWA FREAKING STATE at HOME.

as an ISU fan, i was happy to have about 500 people try to fight me after the game....stay classy Lincoln....and GO STATE

Trust me... if 500 people would have been TRYING to fight you... you would have gotten your ass beat before you got to your car.

And you probably were running your mouth. By the way, enjoy this victory, because it won't happen again for another 32 years. Have a nice day douche bag.

You're probably the tool that walked out of the student section next to me on your phone. Talking as loud as you can "It's f'ing great, everyone's crying. No these bitches are actually crying!" You're lucky our students have class because I'd have much rather kicked you in the head.

i dont know if i could have resisted saying something to someone like that.

The hell they didn't boo when Osborne was coach, and we didn't really have 'struggling teams' - we never lost more than 3, remember? Mauer was booed, as was Frost (during a great year, no less). I've heard a lot of stories of For Sale signs ending up in Osborne's yard, and he even took a trips to Boulder and East Lansing - and there weren't a lot of Husker fans opposed to it at the time. Right after we got railed by Georgia Tech in the Citrus Bowl, Osborne and his coaching staff were all brushing up their resumes, expecting to get the axe.

As a Husker fan, I love Husker fans, but we're pretty much the same as we've always been. You could go back in history and see the discontent in our fan base. The thing is, though, when we fill up the stadium 302 consecutive times, and with the kind of donations that are given to the athletic facilities, we expect to see a better effort than 8 turnovers and a loss to IOWA FREAKING STATE at HOME.

hmmm, well i guess i just kinda figured we were classy respectful fans, but i your right we are normal college football fans.