My Last Word to All You Lee Bashers and Watson Haters

dedhoarse

Lee is not the primary problem, especially Saturday. We turned the ball over 8 friggin' times...no team wins when you do that.

I wish everyone would get off his a$$, because it is getting old. If you think Lee is the problem with this team, then you aren't listening or watching the games.

Same thing goes with Watson. All you Watson haters need to wake up. We moved the ball Saturday, got into the red zone, so we must have been doing something right to get there. If you want to fire Watson, then start coming up with names to replace him - people that are available, or that would even want to come here with our reputation of turning over coaches lately. I think you will end up with a blank piece of paper when you go to make that list. Get off these people's butts and either start supporting the team like a good fan would do, or find something else to do on Saturday until the bandwagon is going in the direction you approve of, because with all this crybaby crap, you are showing that you are nothing more than bandwagon fans that don't pay attention to what is really causing the problems, but would rather just serve up someone's head on a platter.

This calling individuals out (especially players) has got to stop. It is the not classy at all, and does not represent this team well at all. If I were a recruit, I would seriously wonder about the fans that are doing this on a board that is supposed to be supportive of Nebraska Football. I am not saying you need to be a homer, or can't point out what you think might be contributing to the problems, but don't be trying to serve up someones head - it is totally classless!

Get over it already - IT IS JUST A GAME!!!

BTW - My offer stands. If any of you season ticket holders can't stand to watch right now, I will take those tickets off your hands and give them to someone that would really appreciate going to the game. And they won't be the type of people that sit on their butts the whole game, or boo the home team. They will be REAL fans. If your going to bother showing up, at least be willing to enjoy yourselves - you are probably getting a break from your otherwise miserable lives. dedhoarse

I personally feel, and I don't mean to start a fight here, but if you don't see the problems with Watson's gameplanning and play calling then I can't think you watched or listened to the game.

An inferior opponent in your home stadium and you go away from a plan of running up the middle, that worked great to the clip of over 8 ypc on a drive, because a true freshman RB fumbled the ball trying for extra yards. The only turnover he had all day, by the way.

No matter how you paint it, that is a problem.

As far as I know, the offensive line played like garbage until this week and resulted in a definite loss at Vtech. The offense, Zac Lee, and the receivers were terrible against TTech and Misery spare 1 quarter out of 8.

Knock Cotton, knock Gilmore, but I knock the guy who is paid more bucks than those 2 to oversee the entire offense.

How about Watson's game plan against Misery? Probably perfect in your eyes, just like Watson described it.

You can tie up crap in pretty little phrases or a bow, but its still crap. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Here are Watson's obvious problems.....

1. He establishes no running game. Since the run game helps keep a rush off the QB...Lee is suffering.

2. He is intimidated by defenses and tries to trick them on every play instead or running a set of plays that we are confident in.

3. His sideline screen passes, which as we know tend to be backward laterals, draw defenders, gain little, and risk much. When there isn't a turnover on those plays there is still always the chance of a huge hit on our WRs.

4. The pass is supposed to get defenders away from the box, but since all of Watson's calls come in the 0-5 yard area, defenders just stay where they are at.

5. Lastly, the playbook is so complex that it keeps Nebraska from using all of its players. Mike Leach doesn't have a playbook and they run a complex run system. Players are told their individual roles and the players are then put in combinations by the Texas Tech coaches to affect different strategies. When players know their role COLD they play fast and loose with more confidence. When they are busy processing the defense and thinking about what they need to do, well, the play SLOW

That is all

:boxosoap:rant

I will agree that way to many people are over reacting, Watson is a good coach. There were some calls in this game that made me wonder, for example going away from the power game.

But i would like to point out that if we dont have 4 turnovers inside the 5 yard line we win 35-9 and no one would be whining about Watson.

Also every game i have more and more doubts in Lee, i started out the year praising him and i thought the QB position would be a strength this year.

Lee did not play bad vs. Iowa St. but he definitely did not play good. Lee was average at best, and the problem with that is we dont have enough playmakers on offense for our QB to be just average. We need some more playmakers on offense, and Lee just is not that person.

If you were to put a lot of talent around Lee i think he would do very good cause he is cautious and does not force that ball very often

From what i have seen, when Lee drops back to pass, he stairs down 1 WR and if that WR is covered he goes straight to his outlet pass (usually a RB). When you put him in a position where he is forced to press the ball down field, it gets ugly.

On Lees last two drives, when he really needed to move the ball down field things did not look good.

Lees stats on last two dries:

-2 completions on 8 attempts for 23 yards with 2 INTs (i know that first Int was tipped but that was still a bad pass)

So when things matter the most Lee seems to be at his worst. I like Zac Lee, he is a great kid and he will do great in life but that will not win football games. Time to start giving Green some more looks

I will agree that way to many people are over reacting, Watson is a good coach. There were some calls in this game that made me wonder, for example going away from the power game.

But i would like to point out that if we dont have 4 turnovers inside the 5 yard line we win 35-9 and no one would be whining about Watson.

Also every game i have more and more doubts in Lee, i started out the year praising him and i thought the QB position would be a strength this year.

Lee did not play bad vs. Iowa St. but he definitely did not play good. Lee was average at best, and the problem with that is we dont have enough playmakers on offense for our QB to be just average. We need some more playmakers on offense, and Lee just is not that person.

If you were to put a lot of talent around Lee i think he would do very good cause he is cautious and does not force that ball very often

From what i have seen, when Lee drops back to pass, he stairs down 1 WR and if that WR is covered he goes straight to his outlet pass (usually a RB). When you put him in a position where he is forced to press the ball down field, it gets ugly.

On Lees last two drives, when he really needed to move the ball down field things did not look good.

Lees stats on last two dries:

-2 completions on 8 attempts for 23 yards with 2 INTs (i know that first Int was tipped but that was still a bad pass)

So when things matter the most Lee seems to be at his worst. I like Zac Lee, he is a great kid and he will do great in life but that will not win football games. Time to start giving Green some more looks

I think not putting too much on a true freshman who just got his redshirt torn off last week was a big part of the power game.

It's time to start thinking about Green, but you know, at this point, Green is far too raw as a passer, and giving him game time is not really gonna fix that. He has a ways to go in practice first before he can get an extended look during games, or we're not gonna be talking about fluky interceptions...and Green doesn't stare down WRs? Really?

dedhoarse

Lee is not the primary problem, especially Saturday. We turned the ball over 8 friggin' times...no team wins when you do that.

I wish everyone would get off his a$$, because it is getting old. If you think Lee is the problem with this team, then you aren't listening or watching the games.

Same thing goes with Watson. All you Watson haters need to wake up. We moved the ball Saturday, got into the red zone, so we must have been doing something right to get there. If you want to fire Watson, then start coming up with names to replace him - people that are available, or that would even want to come here with our reputation of turning over coaches lately. I think you will end up with a blank piece of paper when you go to make that list. Get off these people's butts and either start supporting the team like a good fan would do, or find something else to do on Saturday until the bandwagon is going in the direction you approve of, because with all this crybaby crap, you are showing that you are nothing more than bandwagon fans that don't pay attention to what is really causing the problems, but would rather just serve up someone's head on a platter.

This calling individuals out (especially players) has got to stop. It is the not classy at all, and does not represent this team well at all. If I were a recruit, I would seriously wonder about the fans that are doing this on a board that is supposed to be supportive of Nebraska Football. I am not saying you need to be a homer, or can't point out what you think might be contributing to the problems, but don't be trying to serve up someones head - it is totally classless!

Get over it already - IT IS JUST A GAME!!!

BTW - My offer stands. If any of you season ticket holders can't stand to watch right now, I will take those tickets off your hands and give them to someone that would really appreciate going to the game. And they won't be the type of people that sit on their butts the whole game, or boo the home team. They will be REAL fans. If your going to bother showing up, at least be willing to enjoy yourselves - you are probably getting a break from your otherwise miserable lives. dedhoarse

Wow.. Really??

The "its just a game" quote coming from the guy with the sign. line at the bottom that reads something to the effect.. that when you die your ghost lives in the hallways of Memorial stadium.. just a game huh?? what a joke man

Lee and Watson should not be offended... if it does then they aren't the right people for a job in a position of leadership...