My Last Word to All You Lee Bashers and Watson Haters

Get over it already - IT IS JUST A GAME!!!

Seriously? You think nebraska football is just a game? Millions and millions of dollars invested. Coaches who are payed in seven digits, millions of fans across the country, hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars at stake during each game, and the pride and passion of an entire state...and you think its just a game!?

The NFL is probably a game too huh? Even though its "professional". It is a game yes...but its not JUST a game. Its business. If it wasn't economically viable, no one would do it, just the sad facts. Husker football is more than a game.

Just saying.

That's what's kind of sad. I sure would like to see if anyone has done a study on the effects of Nebraska games (won/lost/off-season etc..) with respect to our state's economic indicators. I would guess, even for the fanatic, that such influences would be negligible, but I'm an optimist. I remember when we lost to Iowa State in Ames a few years back, and Lewis Black was performing at the Rococo Theatre in Downtown Lincoln that night. I heard he said something about watching the game and saying we better think up new sh*t real quick. Kind of summed it up for me at the time.

How about what he did to Colorado as proof? :dunno Seems like he did enough damage there to warrant a tepid liking to him now.

What is that help them win 4 North titles (2001, 2002, 2004, 2005) in 7 years and 1 Big 12 title (2001)? All 4 of those North titles came with him as OC. From 2001 to 2006 the teams that he was on staff of made 5 appearances in the conference championship game. I don't know but that appears to be pretty decent. :dunno

Watson was Barnett's towel boy. IMO Barnett had a heavy hand in the play calling. We also had a mammoth O-line and some pretty damn good RBs through those years. Not to mention the North was s h * t from '02 - '06. But hey, I was stoked for those North rings...

Welcome to the board Ben...that is what I recall too. I talked to quite a few Colorado fans and they all said they were happy to see Watson leave. Barnett was a heck of a coach and IMO he is why you guys had success. Watson is stubborn and is too complex for his own good. That works when you are in the NFL, but you have much less time with college kids to make your system work. Just makes me wonder why so many Husker fans are so high on Watson when he has the same problems now like he did at Colorado. I.E.- redzone trouble. I hope Bo pulls his head out and starts working on the offense and he finally gives Watson a short, short leash to work on. Colorado was not successful because of Watson like Newearthhusker seems to think.

Thanks Trucker. Watson IMO is not a good OC. He is stubborn, egotistical, and predictable. I was not sad to see him leave. Barnett was good in that he beat the teams he was supposed to beat. The other side of that is we almost ALWAYS lost to the teams we were supposed to lose to (minus a few here and there, especially in '01). BUT the biggest difference I see is that Barnett put FIRE into our locker room. Hawkins and his zen buddhist crap can GTFO of Boulder asap. I'm good friends with a bunch of guys that played for both of them and every single one of them said they thought Hawkins was all talk - hence his nickname, Dan Talkins aka Squawkins, aka Coach Squawk. Hawkins is a terrible, terrible coach and I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy, not even NU!

But, back to the point at hand. I don't think Watson deserves to be OC at a school like NU. He only got away with it somewhat at Boulder because we had some great O-lines and tremendous RBs, and Barnett did a lot of the play calling. If you put Watson up against a team with similar talent, he is not going to out coach them. Simple as that.

Yeah Hawkins needs to be out as soon as you guys can afford it. I think that sucks that you have to keep paying a guy even after he gets fired. Obviously he can't get the job done so hopefully you guys can get someone else who can soon. But I have to say, no matter what coach is in there...Colorado will always play tough against us. Hopefully we see a good one in Boulder this year, but unless our offense gets it together, it might just be Colorado's year this time.

Lee is not the primary problem, especially Saturday. We turned the ball over 8 friggin' times...no team wins when you do that.

I wish everyone would get off his a$$, because it is getting old. If you think Lee is the problem with this team, then you aren't listening or watching the games.

Same thing goes with Watson. All you Watson haters need to wake up. We moved the ball Saturday, got into the red zone, so we must have been doing something right to get there. If you want to fire Watson, then start coming up with names to replace him - people that are available, or that would even want to come here with our reputation of turning over coaches lately. I think you will end up with a blank piece of paper when you go to make that list. Get off these people's butts and either start supporting the team like a good fan would do, or find something else to do on Saturday until the bandwagon is going in the direction you approve of, because with all this crybaby crap, you are showing that you are nothing more than bandwagon fans that don't pay attention to what is really causing the problems, but would rather just serve up someone's head on a platter.

This calling individuals out (especially players) has got to stop. It is the not classy at all, and does not represent this team well at all. If I were a recruit, I would seriously wonder about the fans that are doing this on a board that is supposed to be supportive of Nebraska Football. I am not saying you need to be a homer, or can't point out what you think might be contributing to the problems, but don't be trying to serve up someones head - it is totally classless!

BTW - My offer stands. If any of you season ticket holders can't stand to watch right now, I will take those tickets off your hands and give them to someone that would really appreciate going to the game. And they won't be the type of people that sit on their butts the whole game, or boo the home team. They will be REAL fans. If your going to bother showing up, at least be willing to enjoy yourselves - you are probably getting a break from your otherwise miserable lives.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap :clap:clap:clap:clap

How about what he did to Colorado as proof? :dunno Seems like he did enough damage there to warrant a tepid liking to him now.

What is that help them win 4 North titles (2001, 2002, 2004, 2005) in 7 years and 1 Big 12 title (2001)? All 4 of those North titles came with him as OC. From 2001 to 2006 the teams that he was on staff of made 5 appearances in the conference championship game. I don't know but that appears to be pretty decent. :dunno

Watson was Barnett's towel boy. IMO Barnett had a heavy hand in the play calling. We also had a mammoth O-line and some pretty damn good RBs through those years. Not to mention the North was s h * t from '02 - '06. But hey, I was stoked for those North rings...

Welcome to the board Ben...that is what I recall too. I talked to quite a few Colorado fans and they all said they were happy to see Watson leave. Barnett was a heck of a coach and IMO he is why you guys had success. Watson is stubborn and is too complex for his own good. That works when you are in the NFL, but you have much less time with college kids to make your system work. Just makes me wonder why so many Husker fans are so high on Watson when he has the same problems now like he did at Colorado. I.E.- redzone trouble. I hope Bo pulls his head out and starts working on the offense and he finally gives Watson a short, short leash to work on. Colorado was not successful because of Watson like Newearthhusker seems to think.

Thanks Trucker. Watson IMO is not a good OC. He is stubborn, egotistical, and predictable. I was not sad to see him leave. Barnett was good in that he beat the teams he was supposed to beat. The other side of that is we almost ALWAYS lost to the teams we were supposed to lose to (minus a few here and there, especially in '01). BUT the biggest difference I see is that Barnett put FIRE into our locker room. Hawkins and his zen buddhist crap can GTFO of Boulder asap. I'm good friends with a bunch of guys that played for both of them and every single one of them said they thought Hawkins was all talk - hence his nickname, Dan Talkins aka Squawkins, aka Coach Squawk. Hawkins is a terrible, terrible coach and I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy, not even NU!

But, back to the point at hand. I don't think Watson deserves to be OC at a school like NU. He only got away with it somewhat at Boulder because we had some great O-lines and tremendous RBs, and Barnett did a lot of the play calling. If you put Watson up against a team with similar talent, he is not going to out coach them. Simple as that.

Yeah Hawkins needs to be out as soon as you guys can afford it. I think that sucks that you have to keep paying a guy even after he gets fired. Obviously he can't get the job done so hopefully you guys can get someone else who can soon. But I have to say, no matter what coach is in there...Colorado will always play tough against us. Hopefully we see a good one in Boulder this year, but unless our offense gets it together, it might just be Colorado's year this time.

The only advantage I see for CU over NU this year is that it is in Boulder. As of today 10/27/2009 Coach Hawkins HAS NOT WONT A ROAD GAME IN EXACTLY TWO YEARS. Two years ago today, we beat TTech in Lubbock for our last road win. Are you *&$%# kidding me!?!?! But at home, IMO we are capable of beating almost anyone (see OU, WVU, KU, etc). CU is still a terrible team right now that seems to get up for ONE big game a year and then Hawkins puts them in some kind of sedated zen trance the rest of the year and they play bored. Should be a pillow fight of epic proportions....

And HuskerGBR - I agree no matter who is coaching or how good (or bad) either of the teams are going into the game, its up in the air. Except 30-3, I was at that game and it was terrible. I wasn't throwing or booing but I was sitting down with some of my boys (we're ALWAYS standing up) shaking our heads in realization that CU was screwed for years to come. None of us could have imagined how far down Hawkins was willing to sink the ship. He truly is the definition of an anchor.

BTW, Squawkins had a MELTDOWN in his press conference today. It was bad. I hate the man for what hes done to our program, but I never want to see a man self-destruct. He was on the verge of tears today, voice cracking, pale, twitchy. It was the most uncomfortable press conference to watch since Barney was being questioned about our 'recruiting problems' and our 'female place kicker' decided that blurting out that she is 'absolutely terrible anyways' was a good direction to go in....

I think Squawk knows the end is near, he can feel the flame. BUT for the FIRST TIME he admitted responsibility for having a losing record, so we have that going for us, which is nice. Too little too late IMO. Anyways, hope NU takes down da Bears dis weekend, gotta make the North look somewhat respectable like...

So another thread that's basically saying..."if you disagree with my opinion shut up." Very nice. So everyone! Listen up! No more calling out individuals. No names or numbers or positions. You are only allowed to say things like "that one guy that fumbled the ball." Or "that student athlete that threw a bad pass." "That one coach that refuses to put that other kid in the game."

And I don't want to fall off the bandwagon so I'm just going to be happy about everything. We have 4 wins against D1 schools and we beat a ranked team on the road and our defense is good and we are Nebraska. Yeah. Oh and that one kid isn't so bad. He tries really hard.

So there. I am now a classy fan again. Am I now acceptable oh classy and open-minded guy that started this thread?

So another thread that's basically saying..."if you disagree with my opinion shut up." Very nice. So everyone! Listen up! No more calling out individuals. No names or numbers or positions. You are only allowed to say things like "that one guy that fumbled the ball." Or "that student athlete that threw a bad pass." "That one coach that refuses to put that other kid in the game."

And I don't want to fall off the bandwagon so I'm just going to be happy about everything. We have 4 wins against D1 schools and we beat a ranked team on the road and our defense is good and we are Nebraska. Yeah. Oh and that one kid isn't so bad. He tries really hard.

So there. I am now a classy fan again. Am I now acceptable oh classy and open-minded guy that started this thread?

:clap:laughpound

AH political correctness strikes again.

This reminds me of the Callahan years. 4-1 nothing wrong 4-2 still nothing wrong just kids 4-3 stop hating on the coaches. 4-4 just bad luck. oops no bowl game the coaches need to be fired. <_<

How much of the house does the fire need destroy before someone gets the water?

dedhoarse

Lee is not the primary problem, especially Saturday. We turned the ball over 8 friggin' times...no team wins when you do that.

I wish everyone would get off his a$$, because it is getting old. If you think Lee is the problem with this team, then you aren't listening or watching the games.

Same thing goes with Watson. All you Watson haters need to wake up. We moved the ball Saturday, got into the red zone, so we must have been doing something right to get there. If you want to fire Watson, then start coming up with names to replace him - people that are available, or that would even want to come here with our reputation of turning over coaches lately. I think you will end up with a blank piece of paper when you go to make that list. Get off these people's butts and either start supporting the team like a good fan would do, or find something else to do on Saturday until the bandwagon is going in the direction you approve of, because with all this crybaby crap, you are showing that you are nothing more than bandwagon fans that don't pay attention to what is really causing the problems, but would rather just serve up someone's head on a platter.

This calling individuals out (especially players) has got to stop. It is the not classy at all, and does not represent this team well at all. If I were a recruit, I would seriously wonder about the fans that are doing this on a board that is supposed to be supportive of Nebraska Football. I am not saying you need to be a homer, or can't point out what you think might be contributing to the problems, but don't be trying to serve up someones head - it is totally classless!

BTW - My offer stands. If any of you season ticket holders can't stand to watch right now, I will take those tickets off your hands and give them to someone that would really appreciate going to the game. And they won't be the type of people that sit on their butts the whole game, or boo the home team. They will be REAL fans. If your going to bother showing up, at least be willing to enjoy yourselves - you are probably getting a break from your otherwise miserable lives. dedhoarse

No offense, but the comment saying to "Get over it already - IT IS JUST A GAME" seems pretty ironic based upon the 3,000+ posts you've made discussing that simple little "game" that is played on a few Saturdays every fall.

This reminds me of the Callahan years. 4-1 nothing wrong 4-2 still nothing wrong just kids 4-3 stop hating on the coaches. 4-4 just bad luck. oops no bowl game the coaches need to be fired. <_<

Y

How much of the house does the fire need destroy before someone gets the water?

You are correct. I know MANY on this board fell into that category but will claim amnesia. I drank the Kool-aid at times as well back then.