Why not bring T. Frazier into the program?

typ3kal

This is off topic, but does anyone have any idea what Clownahan's vision was in terms of QB's had he not been removed from his job? Maybe Gabbert wouldn't have decommitted, but judging from past results I'd have to say he probably wouldn't have come here.

Blaine REALLY wanted to come to NU, he almost switched back. Callahan's vision of QB's were Freeman, who despite a subpar career in college will be starting his first game in the NFL this week, and Gabbert who has had an up and down year.

I'd say we'd be about where we are now on offense (maybe even better), but we would still suck on offense. Callahan's biggest shortcoming was his judge of character IMO, probably because he didn't have any of his own to judge by.

Nobody liked him at Doane. The players thought he was an a-hole.

What is this even suppoused to mean? I've never had a football coach in my life who wasn't an "a-hole" in some respect, but that didn't make them a good football coach. Nobody likes Urban Meyer at Florida and he is a total "a-hole", but he gets results.

Nobody likes Urban Meyer? Dude is like the ultimate players coach. Bo is also typically well liked by his players that do their jobs.

Tommie went in and had to high of expectations, and drove his team into the ground. A coach has to develop respect, not command it.

Let's not forget that it is Doane...no offense to anyone who played there, but there were a couple of articles stating that if you played football before and wanted to have fun you could play at Doane. I am sure it was not a good fit on both sides.

With that being said, I am not sure he would be a good coach here. I would rather see someone like Frost come back to help out with the program or Taylor or even Ganz.

Tommie had problems as a player, as a coach.

He seems to have made a few steps though lately.

I do not feel he would fit in well here. Bo is the head man, and I think they would butt heads.

But people do change.

I seriously doubt he will ever be at Nebraska as a coach.

Let's not forget that it is Doane...no offense to anyone who played there, but there were a couple of articles stating that if you played football before and wanted to have fun you could play at Doane. I am sure it was not a good fit on both sides.

With that being said, I am not sure he would be a good coach here. I would rather see someone like Frost come back to help out with the program or Taylor or even Ganz.

He also didn't win any popularity contests when he coached at Baylor either!

This is off topic, but does anyone have any idea what Clownahan's vision was in terms of QB's had he not been removed from his job? Maybe Gabbert wouldn't have decommitted, but judging from past results I'd have to say he probably wouldn't have come here.

Blaine REALLY wanted to come to NU, he almost switched back. Callahan's vision of QB's were Freeman, who despite a subpar career in college will be starting his first game in the NFL this week, and Gabbert who has had an up and down year.

I'd say we'd be about where we are now on offense (maybe even better), but we would still suck on offense. Callahan's biggest shortcoming was his judge of character IMO, probably because he didn't have any of his own to judge by.

Actually, Beck was his first one. He transferred. Then we recruited Freeman hard, but he didn't come here. Maybe Blaine comes here, maybe he doesn't. I guess where I was going with it is Clownahan never really had one of his guys play QB here. How many years would it have taken to get one of his guys under center? I was never for the hiring of Clownahan, but I would have liked to have seen what we could have done offensively if he'd have had one of his groomed QB's playing.

Scott Frost is one the former players I most want on the staff. He's obviously got a feel for coaching and I think it's important to keep at least one former Husker on the staff. We need to keep ties to our wonderful past so the new guys are aware of it.

I've heard in the past that the main reason why Frost was never seriosuly looked at as an assistant was because he didn't know how to/wouldn't break up a fight/beating. After watching him with LeGarette Blount though, I think he's ready to coach at Nebraska.

In all seriousness though, I think Frost would be a great pick-up.

He was a great leader on the field, but from the accounts that I've heard, it didn't translate into a lot of good things beyond that. He deserves all of the accolades as a former Husker great, but I wouldn't vote for him as a good fit as a coach within our football program. Some guys are players-only and others develop into coaches. I think that he may be the finest example of the former and not the latter.

Tommie Frazier as a QB coach, at Nebraska, now?

I don't think so, no thank you.

First off...he is a terrible coach, atrocious. Nowhere near Division 1 quality, let alone Big XII, not to mention we now run a passing offense.

I'd rather have Ganz or Taylor. Frazier would fail as a coach.

Loved the guy as a player, but don't let that cloud your judgement against the evidence of his coaching ability. Not a good coach.