Why not bring T. Frazier into the program?

typ3kal

People really do not like Tommie Frazier. Guy was hated when he was here by his teammates, but he got their respect because he was a certified BAMF when he put on his shoulder pads.

In coaching, he isn't putting on those pads anymore to earn that respect. He's gotta relate to the young guys and befriend them as much as coach them.

If any former Husker becomes a position coach on this staff, it will be Doug Colman or Mike Minter.

You know who would be a great offensive coordinator?

Shawn Watson.

Especially if he gets talent like he had the past two years, or hopefully better. He did a helluva lot with spare parts under both Callahan and Pelini.

Oh yeah, and if his top three running backs aren't out of the game. And if people understood that the short screens are a reaction to a compromised running game. And if the receivers who got open on those WCO routes don't drop the ball. And if the quarterback who has open receivers on those WCO routes doesn't get the yips. And if the two touchdowns his quarterback threw in Blacksburg weren't called back, or if the defense made one last stand in Blacksburg, or the players made six or seven fewer fumbles in Lincoln.

Also, Tommy Frazier's Doane team was pretty terrible. So the only possible explanation is that he's actually a bad offensive play caller.

I think he already does his part - http://www.omaha.com/article/20090908/BIGRED/709089819

Green got another piece of advice in the spring. From Frazier. He called Green after getting the kid's number from an old friend, former Baylor QB Odell James, another Texas schoolboy legend who's known Green's family for years.

Frazier advised Green simply to be himself.

“It takes all different types of personalities to play quarterback,” Frazier said.

The former phenom told the current one to call any time. Green said he would surely oblige.

You know who would be a great offensive coordinator?

Shawn Watson.

Especially if he gets talent like he had the past two years, or hopefully better. He did a helluva lot with spare parts under both Callahan and Pelini.

Oh yeah, and if his top three running backs aren't out of the game. And if people understood that the short screens are a reaction to a compromised running game. And if the receivers who got open on those WCO routes don't drop the ball. And if the quarterback who has open receivers on those WCO routes doesn't get the yips. And if the two touchdowns his quarterback threw in Blacksburg weren't called back, or if the defense made one last stand in Blacksburg, or the players made six or seven fewer fumbles in Lincoln.

Also, Tommy Frazier's Doane team was pretty terrible. So the only possible explanation is that he's actually a bad offensive play caller.

I thought they were terrible because nearly everyone with a pulse quit the team.

If any former Husker becomes a position coach on this staff, it will be Doug Colman or Mike Minter.

Does that mean Minter has expressed interest? I'd love to see him on the staff.

He's helped some in the past. He's also coaching in NC right now to gain experience.

If the DB position ever comes open, I would expect the first call to go to Minter. Almost wish it would come open because I have the feeling Minter would be an outstanding position coach and recruiter as well. Great personality that players would probably flock to. Does not hurt he has some talent as well. :)

Scott Frost is one the former players I most want on the staff. He's obviously got a feel for coaching and I think it's important to keep at least one former Husker on the staff. We need to keep ties to our wonderful past so the new guys are aware of it.

I agree, Scott Frost would be an excellent addition to our coaching staff

Well I know one thing for certain, Frazier could help Dobson shape an effective weight gain program for those players that need one.

You do realize he has a disease right? a pretty serious one in fact. One that treatment for often involves steroids. You try not gaining weight if you are taking steroids for an illness.