Blame, an elusive comodity...

T_O_Bull

Its Bo. Its Watson. Its Cotton. Its Lee. Its the receivers. Its the O-Line. And on and on and on.

Blame, I don't really care who is to blame. What I care about is the positive actions that are taken to redtify what has kept this team from performing up to the expectations we fans have for them. Still a lot of Cally recruits on this team. I won't blame them either, they were brought in to do one thing and are now being asked to do something else. As fans we got the coach most of us wanted, then last year they gave us 9 wins including a bowl win. OMG the Huskers are back!!! Well, maybe not, Husker Fans, we have to take the good with the bad and there is no quick fix for the problems left behind by Steve Pederson and Bill Callahan.

Its time to hunker down and trust in TO and Bo. May take some time but I gaurantee the wait is well worth while.

T_O_B

Its Bo. Its Watson. Its Cotton. Its Lee. Its the receivers. Its the O-Line. And on and on and on.

Blame, I don't really care who is to blame. What I care about is the positive actions that are taken to redtify what has kept this team from performing up to the expectations we fans have for them. Still a lot of Cally recruits on this team. I won't blame them either, they were brought in to do one thing and are now being asked to do something else. As fans we got the coach most of us wanted, then last year they gave us 9 wins including a bowl win. OMG the Huskers are back!!! Well, maybe not, Husker Fans, we have to take the good with the bad and there is no quick fix for the problems left behind by Steve Pederson and Bill Callahan.

Its time to hunker down and trust in TO and Bo. May take some time but I gaurantee the wait is well worth while.

T_O_B

:yeah

T_O_B

:yeah

Good post Bull!

I agree completely. Frankly...I haven't seen a bigger bunch of tools since I last visited the old man's shop. Seriously...how can some of you claim to be Husker fans at all with all the bitching and moaning you've been doing over the past couple of days?

Sure...you lost to Iowa State. Big deal...get over it. You know what I did five minutes after the game was over? I put on my Nebraska jacket and walked down to the local C-Store for my post game 6-pack. Did I take a lot of "Ha ha...what happened to your team?"...sure. So what? I don't wear my Husker gear because of what they did this week...or this season or even the past three years. I wear it because I'm a fan. Have been since the first game I attended waaaaay back in 1973. I wear it because of the years I spent following Devany and Osborne coached teams while I was growing up out in the middle of nowhere...because of the years I was lucky enough to spend on the field competing with guys like Gill and Rozier and even that damn sneaky little bastard Scott Strasburger.

Have there been some bad stretches...sure. Everybody has them. College football is tough. Here today, gone tomorrow. Just ask Notre Dame or Michigan or any other football team that has an extended history of success. But jumping off the bandwagon just because your team is down a year or two not only makes you look like an idiot but goes a long way toward diluting the tradition and legacy of the great teams of the past. If you want to celebrate the wins you better be ready to have some dignity when you lose. If you don't have the patience and loyalty to take the good with the bad, go cheer for Florida and the fighting Tebows. If you're a true fan...get out there and support your team whether you think they suck or not.

*end of rant*

Nebraska could win two championships in a row, and people would still say "Yeah, but they still aren't the caliber of the 90's teams..."

I was spoiled growing up watching them play. I'll admit it. They won almost every game from the time i was 10 till i was 20! I was used to it, it was expected, then blam, they break every crappy record under Cally and company and now they have to rebuild.

The fans complain cuz they hate that it got so bad and that they have to keep rebuilding. Everyone who is a husker fan is thinking "If only this would have happened, or we hired so and so..."

It's human nature to blame, to get frustrated, to think 'Why can't they just stop playing like garbage!' But that's half the fun of it, is watching your favorite team bounce back, half the fun is b!tching about it when they don't! To tell a whole fanbase to stop complaining is like telling a baby not to cry. We want something, and we are gonna keep crying! Boobies. We want boobies. <-- had to toss that in there, it was getting to serious for me.

My Lord Cy, just how old ARE you? I didn't think anyone could live to BE that old!!! Devaney? Osborne?

Was Bill Jennings on board when you were graduating college??? Do you still have your bugeaters game paraphernalia? Did you keep your frizzen pan covered while out hunting passenger pigeons as a youth??? I like your post tho...

GO RED or go home!

T_O_B

And all the Husker people said....Amen :cheers

I agree completely. Frankly...I haven't seen a bigger bunch of tools since I last visited the old man's shop. Seriously...how can some of you claim to be Husker fans at all with all the bitching and moaning you've been doing over the past couple of days?

Sure...you lost to Iowa State. Big deal...get over it. You know what I did five minutes after the game was over? I put on my Nebraska jacket and walked down to the local C-Store for my post game 6-pack. Did I take a lot of "Ha ha...what happened to your team?"...sure. So what? I don't wear my Husker gear because of what they did this week...or this season or even the past three years. I wear it because I'm a fan. Have been since the first game I attended waaaaay back in 1973. I wear it because of the years I spent following Devany and Osborne coached teams while I was growing up out in the middle of nowhere...because of the years I was lucky enough to spend on the field competing with guys like Gill and Rozier and even that damn sneaky little bastard Scott Strasburger.

Have there been some bad stretches...sure. Everybody has them. College football is tough. Here today, gone tomorrow. Just ask Notre Dame or Michigan or any other football team that has an extended history of success. But jumping off the bandwagon just because your team is down a year or two not only makes you look like an idiot but goes a long way toward diluting the tradition and legacy of the great teams of the past. If you want to celebrate the wins you better be ready to have some dignity when you lose. If you don't have the patience and loyalty to take the good with the bad, go cheer for Florida and the fighting Tebows. If you're a true fan...get out there and support your team whether you think they suck or not.

*end of rant*

I have to say this, and don't take it as a knock on Iowa State....but....

...losing, at home, to Iowa State is a major blow to our program. And, unlike Iowa State, there is a much greater importance placed upon our football program for the people of our state as a whole. We have no other college team, nor any pro teams. There really is no arguing that point.

Congratulations on the win, there's no denying that ISU deserved to win that game. Unfortunately for Nebraska fans, losing to Iowa State at home (not to mention when you're 18-point favorites), in my opinion, is a huge red-flag. And that's not even counting our lack of offensive production against any team not belonging to the Sun Belt Conference.

Yes, I know that all teams go through funks. But the difference between Nebraska fans and Iowa State fans is that we refuse to "accept" going through a funk. I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.

My Lord Cy, just how old ARE you? I didn't think anyone could live to BE that old!!! Devaney? Osborne?

Was Bill Jennings on board when you were graduating college??? Do you still have your bugeaters game paraphernalia? Did you keep your frizzen pan covered while out hunting passenger pigeons as a youth??? I like your post tho...

GO RED or go home!

Why you little whipper snapper...I may be old but I could still sink you like a 3-foot putt :angry:

But I do recall a conversation with a bunch of people who stopped in Western Iowa to chat one time. They were on their way to California and asked me if there were any interesting places to stop between there and here. Told them they ought to stop in Lincoln and see Memorial Stadium cuz it was real cool. They thanked me and moved on... Real nice bunch of people. Guy's name was...Denner? Danner? Oh yeah...Donner! Anybody remember seeing that bunch come through?

NICE reference Cy, but come on! We all know you had already left western Iowa by the time the Donner party came thru so that you could retire in Phoenix and live out your days contemplating under one of them new-fangled kerosene lanterns... Come on, let's hear it... you GOTTA say it and you know you want to:

"Why, back in MY day... we didn't have any of them fancy-shmancy things called parity... We played football with the kids we HAD! Why, we used to strap dead freshmen players to our heads for protection! Oh and another thing..." Ain't it great being old and watching college football?

T_O_B

You know something T_O_B?

You're 100% right.

I have spent a lot of time complaining and bitching about lots of things. I guess I just want it fixed, because it hurts me badly to see the team I love struggling so much. This has been a part of me since I took my first breath, and Husker Football will be something I will cherish until the day the Lord takes me from this earth away from this fine state. Thank you, for allowing me to remember why it hurts me so much.

GO BIG RED!

NICE reference Cy, but come on! We all know you had already left western Iowa by the time the Donner party came thru so that you could retire in Phoenix and live out your days contemplating under one of them new-fangled kerosene lanterns... Come on, let's hear it... you GOTTA say it and you know you want to:

"Why, back in MY day... we didn't have any of them fancy-shmancy things called parity... We played football with the kids we HAD! Why, we used to strap dead freshmen players to our heads for protection! Oh and another thing..." Ain't it great being old and watching college football?

Heck...that ain't nothin. WHEN I WAS A KID...we didn't even have water. If we got thirsty on the sideline we had to bang oxygen and hydrogen atoms together.