QB Decision Time

If you think Lee is going to lead us to a major bowl this year--by all means he should be playing.

If you think that Lee just needs 4 or 5 more games to "get comfortable" and next year with Lee at the helm we will win the Big 12 and go to a BCS game--then by all means he should be starting.

If you believe Lee is the solution for this now apparently declining program in comparison to last year, then he should be starting until his eligibilty is up.

However if you believe

"We are no better than we were in the first game of the season at QB" or

"Lee is not likely to be a top notch major college QB this year or next year"

or

"We are likely to be taking a major step backward in talent on defense next year and our offense will be even more depended upon to produce and need an experienced QB with the best chance to move the ball against serious opponents not playing in the sunbelt next year, Lee is just the man to be that QB"

or

"If you believe the stories that Watson wants to start Green and Bo does not"

Then I would say that we are making a huge mistake in not playing Green.

What we do know is that we only have a few more games for whatever QB we think is going to be playing next year to take charge of this team, grow with the competition and be ready to lead. It is either Lee or Green.

If you tell me that Green should be the QB next year but needs to learn those 350 plays and should wait till next fall while Lee leads us this year.....I just don't buy it. Either Lee lacks the talent to lead this team next year and a change needs to begin now--or he is our man. It will be the same thing next fall for Green. My contention is that we need him to learn on the field of play NOW. Lee obviously looks fine in practice and against sunbelt (very weak competition) He has had 1 decent quarter againt decent competion.

Now if Green looks much worse, then obviously he is not ready or is not the talent many thought him to be. You go back to Lee.

So it comes down to the future of this team. If Lee is the future, you play him and waste Green' s shirt, assume that maybe Gabbert or someone else will be the man when Lee's stellar career ends, and Green will be a perennial backup or transfer and Spano or someone else will be our backup. If Green is the future, you need to get him on the field NOW. We cannot look much worse on offense. There is zero drop off in leadership. This team is LEADERLESS

I wonder why they pay the money he makes as head coach.

We have guys on here that see all the QB's everyday in practice, listen to all their answers when questioned about certain scenarios.

The Nebraska fan should always make the starting choice on every player.

I would guess that in the future all on this board will be questioned as to what is best for the team.

Bo knowing that the millions he makes depends on this starting QB, will be so happy to know those choices have been made for him.

I know I will feel safe in having my teams QB selected by internet know it alls.

Or we could start the Fire Pelini thread that is just around the corner.

Pathetic.

We have guys on here that see all the QB's everyday in practice, listen to all their answers when questioned about certain scenarios.

I would guess that in the future all on this board will be questioned as to what is best for the team.

Bo knowing that the millions he makes depends on this starting QB, will be so happy to know those choices have been made for him.

I know I will feel safe in having my teams QB selected by internet know it alls.

Pathetic.

Could be --but "Pathetic" would also describe getting our a** handed to us by TT that lost to ATM, losing to Misery for 3 qts like idiots, losing to VT with no TDS, and .........LOSING TO IOWAY STATE. That is every truly division 1 team we played--one quarter we won. That for a team that has the best defense we've had in a while and the best lineman in college football is PATHETIC. With Lee and this same team we are likely to lose at every game except Baylor and Colorado this year. That is PATHETIC . If that makes you happy, fine with me.

Pathetic.

Not knowing what the purpose of a message board is about could be considered Pathetic... <_<

If you think Lee is going to lead us to a major bowl this year--by all means he should be playing.

If you think that Lee just needs 4 or 5 more games to "get comfortable" and next year with Lee at the helm we will win the Big 12 and go to a BCS game--then by all means he should be starting.

If you believe Lee is the solution for this now apparently declining program in comparison to last year, then he should be starting until his eligibilty is up.

However if you believe

"We are no better than we were in the first game of the season at QB" or

"Lee is not likely to be a top notch major college QB this year or next year"

or

"We are likely to be taking a major step backward in talent on defense next year and our offense will be even more depended upon to produce and need an experienced QB with the best chance to move the ball against serious opponents not playing in the sunbelt next year, Lee is just the man to be that QB"

or

"If you believe the stories that Watson wants to start Green and Bo does not"

Then I would say that we are making a huge mistake in not playing Green.

What we do know is that we only have a few more games for whatever QB we think is going to be playing next year to take charge of this team, grow with the competition and be ready to lead. It is either Lee or Green.

If you tell me that Green should be the QB next year but needs to learn those 350 plays and should wait till next fall while Lee leads us this year.....I just don't buy it. Either Lee lacks the talent to lead this team next year and a change needs to begin now--or he is our man. It will be the same thing next fall for Green. My contention is that we need him to learn on the field of play NOW. Lee obviously looks fine in practice and against sunbelt (very weak competition) He has had 1 decent quarter againt decent competion.

Now if Green looks much worse, then obviously he is not ready or is not the talent many thought him to be. You go back to Lee.

So it comes down to the future of this team. If Lee is the future, you play him and waste Green' s shirt, assume that maybe Gabbert or someone else will be the man when Lee's stellar career ends, and Green will be a perennial backup or transfer and Spano or someone else will be our backup. If Green is the future, you need to get him on the field NOW. We cannot look much worse on offense. There is zero drop off in leadership. This team is LEADERLESS

It doesn't matter what I believe. After all this time, I finally get to use this:

dedhoarse

Pathetic.

[/quote

Could be --but "Pathetic" would also describe getting our a** handed to us by TT that lost to ATM, losing to Misery for 3 qts like idiots, losing to VT with no TDS, and .........LOSING TO IOWAY STATE. That is every truly division 1 team we played--one quarter we won. That for a team that has the best defense we've had in a while and the best lineman in college football is PATHETIC. With Lee and this same team we are likely to lose at every game except Baylor and Colorado this year. That is PATHETIC . If that makes you happy, fine with me.

What have you seen that makes you think we'll beat Baylor and Colorado?