SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

Ok I must admit I am kinda confused! I thought an insider just posted yesterday that this guy was N but was probably going to just wait till signing day to announce. I thought he committed after the in home visit the other day? :dunno

Someone on here yesterday claimed to work with a guy who accompanied Cooper on his visit to NU. He said that his coworker told him that Cooper was hosting NU in an in-home visit yesterday. As it turns out, this wasn't accurate. ND did an in-home and NU just did a phone call.

Ok I must admit I am kinda confused! I thought an insider just posted yesterday that this guy was N but was probably going to just wait till signing day to announce. I thought he committed after the in home visit the other day? :dunno

Someone on here yesterday claimed to work with a guy who accompanied Cooper on his visit to NU. He said that his coworker told him that Cooper was hosting NU in an in-home visit yesterday. As it turns out, this wasn't accurate. ND did an in-home and NU just did a phone call.

Ok thank you for clearing that up I was very confused. I had read that too and was wondering why we were making such a big deal over a guy and a scholly we already thought we had.

Pete Carrol made have screwed us over with Cooper....Kyle Prater..Cooper's high school teammate was a USC commit...but many think that since Pete is leaving that Prater will go to ND...this would help ND with Cooper..not saying it will happen....but this could def go down....

Pete Carrol made have screwed us over with Cooper....Kyle Prater..Cooper's high school teammate was a USC commit...but many think that since Pete is leaving that Prater will go to ND...this would help ND with Cooper..not saying it will happen....but this could def go down....

lots of 'what ifs'... its tripping me out..... i dont want to get all cocky but things could easily go to sh#t real fast here.......

in other words i just want to get signing day here fast... like tommorrow!

Not to nitpick or anything, but they're not high school teammates. Cooper goes to Proviso East while Prater goes to Proviso West. However, they are best friends which doesn't help anything at all.

"My best friend is on their team, Corey Cooper, so it's big. Hopefully we can put on a show."

-Prater

Link to quote

The thing people might be overlooking in the Cooper/Prater scenario is the fact that if they really wanted to attend the same school together, then Cooper wouldn't be a soft commit to Illini and Prater a solid verbal to USC. If it wasn't that important in the beginning, then why would it be now all of a sudden?

At the same time, I'm cognizant of the possibility that it still could happen given the recent events surrounding Prater, but just wanted to put it out there that it might not be a priority for them to attend the same school.

The thing people might be overlooking in the Cooper/Prater scenario is the fact that if they really wanted to attend the same school together, then Cooper wouldn't be a soft commit to Illini and Prater a solid verbal to USC. If it wasn't that important in the beginning, then why would it be now all of a sudden?

At the same time, I'm cognizant of the possibility that it still could happen given the recent events surrounding Prater, but just wanted to put it out there that it might not be a priority for them to attend the same school.

Great point Nex.

The reason is...Prater has always wanted USC...but Cooper didn't have an offer to go to USC...so thats why they were committed to other schools in the beginning....

The reason is...Prater has always wanted USC...but Cooper didn't have an offer to go to USC...so thats why they were committed to other schools in the beginning....

In that case then Cooper should just come to NU anyway since NU didn't offer Prater. How's that for a friendship? :sarcasm