SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

This thread went into melt down mode when he only indicated he was taking a couple other visits. The kid needs to do what's best for him and if that means seeing what other schools have to offer, so be it. I just hope our staff tries for one more in-home (not a phone call Marvin) visit before everything is all said and done.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

hahaha classic.... well thats the game of recruiting and why i love huskerboard so much.. with Pratter recommitting i think its possible... but i dont know if Cooper is gonna get over his football crush on Stoops... personally dont see what the attraction is......

maybe we lose Cooper but dare i say it lock in OWa???

what does prater going to USC have to do with this guys decision? on rivals him and cooper aren't listed as going to the same high school, i read on here that they do..

They don't go to the same school.. you obviously haven't read this whole page....

They are BEST FRIENDS.

That's even worse than going to the same school for us should Prater have ditched USC for ND... since he didn't, its a huge help to us...

Does SC have a good Safety recruit this year? Cause I don't think there's that big a difference between what the Pelini's could do with what Monte could do with a DB.

I'd like him to come but I'm not holding my breath, we still have a number of Frosh/Soph DBs that could be able to jump in after next year and play at a high level. I'd absolutely love for him to come to NU, but it's not really at a position where we absolutely need.

Does SC have a good Safety recruit this year? Cause I don't think there's that big a difference between what the Pelini's could do with what Monte could do with a DB.

I'd like him to come but I'm not holding my breath, we still have a number of Frosh/Soph DBs that could be able to jump in after next year and play at a high level. I'd absolutely love for him to come to NU, but it's not really at a position where we absolutely need.

Actually it is a very high need position. Recruiting is for 2-4 years down the line and the depth chart shows just how drained of DBs the team will be as soon as 2012 and 2013. Next year I would expect to see 4-5 HS recruits for S and DB and probably 1-3 JUCO recruits as well. There are 3 in this class, since Evans is going to be a WR to start, and getting 1 more would definitely help and is NEEDED.

Ya I wouldn't have minded another corner in this class. Rogers and Leverson leaving the team really hurt the depth for their class.

I wonder if those two realize how much they screwed-up yet.

In Leverson's case, I don't think he would say that. He left because his heart wasn't into playing anymore. If Leverson left for other reasons I would agree with you, but I truly think the young man was burnt out on football. It is too bad, all reports are that he could have been a really good player.

In Leverson's case, I don't think he would say that. He left because his heart wasn't into playing anymore. If Leverson left for other reasons I would agree with you, but I truly think the young man was burnt out on football. It is too bad, all reports are that he could have been a really good player.

I can relate to Leverson. I went to college to play basketball. And after one year I didn't even want to touch a basketball. Sometimes you just loss your love to play a game. It was the best decision I ever made. I hope the same goes for him. Best of luck to the kid.