SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

In Leverson's case, I don't think he would say that. He left because his heart wasn't into playing anymore. If Leverson left for other reasons I would agree with you, but I truly think the young man was burnt out on football. It is too bad, all reports are that he could have been a really good player.

Thats not why he left. I don't want to bash the kid via message board, but that's not why he left.

In Leverson's case, I don't think he would say that. He left because his heart wasn't into playing anymore. If Leverson left for other reasons I would agree with you, but I truly think the young man was burnt out on football. It is too bad, all reports are that he could have been a really good player.

Thats not why he left. I don't want to bash the kid via message board, but that's not why he left.

Without getting into specifics, he isn't wrong. When you chose something else over football, your heart isn't in it.

I thought I heard he likes herb.

This

I rec'd another teaser from Scout.com tonight about Cooper going to MSU.

http://michiganstate.scout.com/a.z?s=175&a...c=6&yr=2010

Problem is, this page doesn't list him coming in this week and he has taken 4 visits and is only allowed 5.

No 5 is suppose to be Florida State.

Why does Scout do this?? Very frustrating. Second time this week they have teased he is visiting MSU.

FWIW, I checked out FSU's commit list and noticed that they already have 2 Safety commits. One is a 4* while the other is just shy of a 4* by .1 point.

On top of that, FSU hasn't offered Cooper as of yet. I'm sure they'll probably wait until he visits, but Stoops probably needs to clear it with Coach Jimbo.

FSU's depth chart at the Safety position consists of a Freshman, RS Freshman and two Sophomores. They lose one starting safety and a back-up safety. So they're good when you factor in the 2 new commits coming in.

Should be interesting to see if they'll offer Cooper when he visits?

FWIW, I checked out FSU's commit list and noticed that they already have 2 Safety commits. One is a 4* while the other is just shy of a 4* by .1 point.

On top of that, FSU hasn't offered Cooper as of yet. I'm sure they'll probably wait until he visits, but Stoops probably needs to clear it with Coach Jimbo.

FSU's depth chart at the Safety position consists of a Freshman, RS Freshman and two Sophomores. They lose one starting safety and a back-up safety. So they're good when you factor in the 2 new commits coming in.

Should be interesting to see if they'll offer Cooper when he visits?

i dont know if they would make cooper go down to florida without it being known they would offer..... i think the deal breaker might be the depth they already have at safety........

going down there without checking it out and getting an offer woudl be a waste of time for everyone

It didn't dawn on me until today, but I am wondering if Corey Cooper and Zach Fulton are friends. They go to different highschools in Chicago, but Proviso East (A private school in Maywood) where Cooper attends and Homewood-Flossmoor (a public school in Homewood) are not very far away from each other. I tried to find if they had any kind of history together but I couldn't find anything, but it is not far fetched to think that these guys' paths would have crossed many a time through the course of life in other sports and activities. They may even live near each other.

I am really wondering if the reason that Fulton is expressing interest in NU is due to Cooper. Is it possible that Cooper is pretty much N and just taking a trip to Florida St. for the enjoyment of it? Maybe Fulton knows Cooper will be here and wants to see if he wants to join him. All this is obviously pure speculation, but the details make you wonder.

On a secondary note, check out this article. It's about Prater's and Cooper's friendship. The way the article talks about Cooper makes me want to see him in Red even more.

Corey Cooper

Im really pretty sure Cooper is not in already because there is no way Bo would let him visit FSU just "for the enjoyment of it". Bo has made that very clear that its black and white and your either in or out no middle ground. I am interested to see how this all unfolds with him because it would definitely be great to have him.

It didn't dawn on me until today, but I am wondering if Corey Cooper and Zach Fulton are friends. They go to different highschools in Chicago, but Proviso East (A private school in Maywood) where Cooper attends and Homewood-Flossmoor (a public school in Homewood) are not very far away from each other. I tried to find if they had any kind of history together but I couldn't find anything, but it is not far fetched to think that these guys' paths would have crossed many a time through the course of life in other sports and activities. They may even live near each other.

I am really wondering if the reason that Fulton is expressing interest in NU is due to Cooper. Is it possible that Cooper is pretty much N and just taking a trip to Florida St. for the enjoyment of it? Maybe Fulton knows Cooper will be here and wants to see if he wants to join him. All this is obviously pure speculation, but the details make you wonder.

On a secondary note, check out this article. It's about Prater's and Cooper's friendship. The way the article talks about Cooper makes me want to see him in Red even more.

Corey Cooper

I doubt that very much. Everything I've heard is his relationship with Stoops is VERY VERY good and that is why he's visiting. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at FSU.

I love the new sig blessed. Awesome pic!

If Cooper liked Stoops so much, why was he not going to Arizona in the first place instead of Illionis.

i think where he is going it not gonna be Nebraska

some of the guys on the radio feel so as well (but what the hell do they know all the time too)... i bet they get all their (correct :) ) insider info from all the guys on here anyways

:worship

http://1620thezone.com/play_window.php?aud...audioId=4318944

If Cooper liked Stoops so much, why was he not going to Arizona in the first place instead of Illionis.

I don't know, but I'm thinking Illinois is his safety school, hence the reason why he's still considered a soft commit there for now.

Purely guessing here, but I think he likes Illini for the sake of being close to home & family, but since Illini has underwent defensive staffing changes this off-season, he's looking around at other schools to get a feel for other staffs. As of now, it sounds like he cherishes his relationship with Stoops the most of all the schools he's visited. So he might be conflicted with his choices. So it might breakdown like this:

-- Illini for the closeness to home & family factor.

-- Stoops for the coaching/relationship factor.

In the end, he realizes he can't have the best of both worlds.

If FSU isn't able to offer him for whatever reason, then I'm going to say he'll stick to his commit with Illini on Feb. 3rd. So my guess is he values his relationship with Stoops more than staying close to home at Illini. So the ball is in FSU's court. If they want him, then that's where he'll end up.

Of course this is purely my own opinion on the matter.