Suh- what is appropriate?

treeeman

How many in your life's experience on a residential street has run into cars on both sides of the street and not been plastered?

It's a lot easier than you think. You don't have to overcorrect that much for it to happen on that narrow street. There's really only one lane if that gives you a perspective of it.

Okay, know anybody who even knows anyone who has ever done it sober or drunk? I don't. Had a friend in college fall asleep and hit bridge while driving a Mayflower moving truck. His partner who was asleep told him to tell them that he swerved to avoid a deer and hit the bridge. Jack, my friend couldn't help himself and had to embellish the story and told the guy he swerved to avoid 3 deer standing on the roadway. The skeptical supervisor said "Sure there wasn't 10?"

Fine, may have happened just like it said. Or he may have fallen asleep or someone gave him a break. I'd bet on one of the latter. You realize how long this kid's day had to have been? At any rate it won't impact his life or his playing time most likely and that is great. He will also likely be a little bit more careful in the future and if he is wise will stay away from bars until he gets a contract (and then if he's smart he will still stay far away from bars when he is playing in the NFL as well). There is a reason why many bad stories about young jocks (or people in general) take place in a bar or on the way home from one. The younger the person and more famous, the more likely bad things happen it seems.

Good for everybody, cept perhaps the parked cars.

He is a college kid. He does not have a bed time and at 22 years old, American society has decided it is ok to drink. The car accident was unfortunate, but it is not a character issue. I guess when you become a NCAA football player you have to give up your social life and life and stay home except for football practice and games.

From back in 2008

http://www.ketv.com/bigredzone/15566877/detail.html

Pelini said. "I talked with the entire team last night and clearly explained to them that from this point forward, we will have a zero-tolerance policy regarding alcohol and social responsibility. Our players understand the intent of this rule and what we are trying to accomplish. Therefore, any violation will be handled individually as it pertains to the specific circumstance.

OK so please explain to me just how Suh was being irresponsible socially and with alcohol?

Have you still missed the part where he had a .035 BAC which was WELL BELOW THE LEGAL LIMIT? Are you aware that a BAC at this point has minimal effects, and doesn't impair motor skills? Do you understand that considering his size, this is the equivalent of about 4.5 shots over a 2 hour period? It's the equivalent of a 170 pound male having less than 3 drinks over a 2 hour period. Are you really suggesting that that is irresponsible behavior? Is everyone supposed to start calling a cab now after having 2 beers? Why would he enforce the zero tolerance policy in this situation when alcohol wasn't a factor?

The argument you're making is just completely asinine. No one was acting out of line. Period. sh#t happens.

And stop using inflammatory phrases like "driving after being out drinking".

Okay, know anybody who even knows anyone who has ever done it sober or drunk? I don't. Had a friend in college fall asleep and hit bridge while driving a Mayflower moving truck. His partner who was asleep told him to tell them that he swerved to avoid a deer and hit the bridge. Jack, my friend couldn't help himself and had to embellish the story and told the guy he swerved to avoid 3 deer standing on the roadway. The skeptical supervisor said "Sure there wasn't 10?"

Fine, may have happened just like it said. Or he may have fallen asleep or someone gave him a break. I'd bet on one of the latter. You realize how long this kid's day had to have been? At any rate it won't impact his life or his playing time most likely and that is great. He will also likely be a little bit more careful in the future and if he is wise will stay away from bars until he gets a contract (and then if he's smart he will still stay far away from bars when he is playing in the NFL as well). There is a reason why many bad stories about young jocks (or people in general) take place in a bar or on the way home from one. The younger the person and more famous, the more likely bad things happen it seems.

Oh cool. Anecdotal evidence. Case closed guys, pack it up.

o wait that doesn't mean sh#t.

He is a college kid. He does not have a bed time and at 22 years old, American society has decided it is ok to drink. The car accident was unfortunate, but it is not a character issue. I guess when you become a NCAA football player you have to give up your social life and life and stay home except for football practice and games.

From back in 2008

Pelini said. "I talked with the entire team last night and clearly explained to them that from this point forward, we will have a zero-tolerance policy regarding alcohol and social responsibility. Our players understand the intent of this rule and what we are trying to accomplish. Therefore, any violation will be handled individually as it pertains to the specific circumstance.

OK so please explain to me just how Suh was being irresponsible socially and with alcohol?

Have you still missed the part where he had a .035 BAC which was WELL BELOW THE LEGAL LIMIT? Are you aware that a BAC at this point has minimal effects, and doesn't impair motor skills? Do you understand that considering his size, this is the equivalent of about 4.5 shots over a 2 hour period? It's the equivalent of a 170 pound male having less than 3 drinks over a 2 hour period. Are you really suggesting that that is irresponsible behavior? Is everyone supposed to start calling a cab now after having 2 beers? Why would he enforce the zero tolerance policy in this situation when alcohol wasn't a factor?

The argument you're making is just completely asinine. No one was acting out of line. Period. sh#t happens.

I would say limiting yourself to .035 BAC is extremely responsible for a college kid on Halloween after a victory. I'm sure he had the lowest BAC of any college kid out that night.

:clap

:clap

Didn't you know that "Jack" and Suh have the exact same integrity and driving ability, as well as proclivity for getting into bizarre car accidents and lying about it. I mean if Jack lied about deer, how could Suh have been telling the truth? Beside, it was just a stupid mistake that happens and it was completely innocuous.

From back in 2008

I would say limiting yourself to .035 BAC is extremely responsible for a college kid on Halloween after a victory. I'm sure he had the lowest BAC of any college kid out that night.

Certainly lower than mine :wasted

He should be put on team probation IMO, and he should practice without his blackshirt for the rest of the year.

For swerving to miss a dog? Are you kidding me? Please tell me WHY in gods name he would go on probation?

This is the most irrational comment I have heard in a while... and saying that on THIS board, is pretty impressive.

Not legal probation, just with the team, like a warning system. Just let him know he was lucky to get away with this, but that this kind of behavior is not acceptable for a team leader, or any team member.

What is "this kind of behavior." there is a team policy for impeccable driving? what next, punishing players for returning movies late?

Hitting 3 parked cars, at 2:30 in the morning after havng been out drinking the night after a game kind of behaviour.

Please on any given Sat night about half the campus has a .035 BAC haha Thats nothing. For him it probably would be about a 12 pack though

He should be put on team probation IMO, and he should practice without his blackshirt for the rest of the year.

For swerving to miss a dog? Are you kidding me? Please tell me WHY in gods name he would go on probation?

This is the most irrational comment I have heard in a while... and saying that on THIS board, is pretty impressive.

Not legal probation, just with the team, like a warning system. Just let him know he was lucky to get away with this, but that this kind of behavior is not acceptable for a team leader, or any team member.

What is "this kind of behavior." there is a team policy for impeccable driving? what next, punishing players for returning movies late?

Hitting 3 parked cars, at 2:30 in the morning after havng been out drinking the night after a game kind of behaviour.

Please on any given Sat night about half the campus has a .035 BAC haha Thats nothing. For him it probably would be about a 12 pack though

Never said a word about Suh being wrong for having a few drinks, but his decision to get behind the wheel, legally impaired or not, was a poor one. That's the difference, as a team leader and representative of the University of Nebraska, and a potential first round NFL draft choice, it was obviously a poor decision. Do kids get away with it every weekend? Absolutely! Does that make it right for Suh? IMO, no. When you wear the uniform, and profess to be a team leader you are held to a different standard than the average 22 year old idiot.

Never said a word about Suh being wrong for having a few drinks, but his decision to get behind the wheel, legally impared or not, was a poor one. That's the difference, as a team leader and representative of the University of Nebraska, and a potential first round NFL draft choice, it was obviously a poor decision. Do kids get away with it every weekend? Absolutely! Does that make it right for Suh? IMO, no. When you wear the uniform, and profess to be a team leader you are held to a different standard than the average 22 year old idiot.

You're saying that you cannot drive if you've had ANYTHING to drink. This stance is not supported by cultural mores, legal rulings, police opinion or public practice. We're not living in Amish Country here. You can have a beer and still drive. It's not illegal.

He should have to coach a semi-bad kids hockey team. Not a REALLY bad team, a la Gordon Bombay, since he wasn't DUI. Somwhere between the Hawks and the Mighty Ducks.

I don't know, man. The Ducks should be better this year. They re-drew the district lines so now Adam Banks has to play for the Ducks instead of the Hawks. And the Ducks picked up a kid with the hardest slap-shot I've ever seen!

But seriously, I say let the Unity Council take care of it along with some input from Coach Pelini.