Can we please have the Oregon offense (and all their players)?

We don't have the QB and RB's Oregon does either. A lot of our problems this year started when Helu and Burkhead got hurt. Then Hickman goes down to injury. Face it, we don't have a QB on our roster than can do the things Oregon's QB does. The plays looked very similar to our playbook, but I don't think we have to worry about Green or Lee outrunning a D even close to the same calibur as USC's.

I don't understand why we couldn't recruit better than Oregon. Nebraska is a much larger football dynasty than Oregon. Have we lost that much Moxy since Tom was coach that we've lost the ability to recruit?

It's obviously the uniforms

:sarcasm

ha, actually, ive heard that this aspect really does draw recruits somewhat. I think it would be awesome to never have to wear the same uniform twice. not to mention all the free goodies you'd get from nike, that most other colleges dont have.

Oregon's offense wouldn't work here, even with their players.

We'd find a way to screw it up :thumbs .

But in all seriousness, their offense looks awesome because they execute. If some guy out west had his team running the option game and they were throwing up 40+ points per game, we'd be calling for their offense instead.

It only looks good because it is winning right now. Don't forget, this is still the same offense that only managed 8 points against BSU and 24 against a pretty bad UCLA team.

Not that we have room to really criticize offense right now. <_<

I don't understand why we couldn't recruit better than Oregon. Nebraska is a much larger football dynasty than Oregon. Have we lost that much Moxy since Tom was coach that we've lost the ability to recruit?

The allure of the west coast and being within driving distance of Portland and Seattle? Versus Lincoln?

Whether we like it or not, for many college kids who have never even heard of Lincoln, Nebraska and have been fed the stereotype of "nothing but cornfields" Lincoln is not very attractive. Sometimes, it takes more than gameday atmosphere and tradition to lure kids to Nebraska.

The allure of the west coast and being within driving distance of Portland and Seattle? Versus Lincoln?

Whether we like it or not, for many college kids who have never even heard of Lincoln, Nebraska and have been fed the stereotype of "nothing but cornfields" Lincoln is not very attractive. Sometimes, it takes more than gameday atmosphere and tradition to lure kids to Nebraska.

Eh... yes and no to this, there are plenty of Mid-West schools that still get big name recruits, but I do agree as far as atmosphere I am sure Omaha and Lincoln does not cut it for some of them.