Who has more to prove Saturday? Who wants it more?

Just like every game, the winner is the team that wants it more. Nothing is different for this weekends NU vs. OU game.

Yes it is different this is a RIVALRY game. :dumdum That makes all the difference! On top of being on National TV, will any players even remember last years A$$ whooping, do they even care!

The Rivalry between NU and OU is gone. This is now just another game. Nothing more.....

Yeah the Big 12 sucks bad.

In my opinion, the only way someone could not call it a rivalry is because Nebraska and Oklahoma don't play each other every year. Back in the day, the Nebraska vs Oklahoma game would determine the winner of the Big 8, and who was going to play in the Orange Bowl most likely for the National Championship. The Big XII messed up a good think having Nebraska vs Colorado the day after Thanksgiving. I grew up to the Cheers, the Fears and the Tears of the Nebraska vs Oklahoma rivalry. It will always be something more than just another game. It's the battle of the Big Red's.

Dude if you want a fight give someone your address and I am sure plenty of people would love to have an adult conversation with you. :bat

If you want to argue, thats what your wife is for. :cry

No men in here want to hear you compensating for your manhood here. :dunno

If your wife is ignoring you, I hear you are good at finding hookers. :thumbs

That's the best you can come up with? You get torched and you come up with this? Real Nice :laughpound

All I've done is state the obvious and stand pat. You wanted something that is no longer there and finally realized it. It's ok to admit it's no longer a rivalry. Doing so will not prevent the sun from coming up and it might just bring a modicum of credibility to you.

To the original poster: this was a great topic! I am very sad to see that it deviated towards whether or not OU/NU is a rivalry-a topic which was another thread. (gee thanks, Shamwow.)

Nearly every week in college football, we see an upset. We see an underachieving team put it all together for one night against an unsuspecting opponent not ready for the fight. Why can't that be Nebraska for once?!

I want to see Nebraska return the opening kick for a touchdown! I want to see the cameras shaking from the noise level at the stadium! On Oklahoma's ensuing possession, I want Nebraska to pick them off and run it in for another score! Then the place would be rocking!

I just want to see these Huskers playing with so much heart, intensity and desire! Those 3 things have been propelling the underdog to victory countless times in college football!

To the original poster: this was a great topic! I am very sad to see that it deviated towards whether or not OU/NU is a rivalry-a topic which was another thread. (gee thanks, Shamwow.)

Nearly every week in college football, we see an upset. We see an underachieving team put it all together for one night against an unsuspecting opponent not ready for the fight. Why can't that be Nebraska for once?!

I want to see Nebraska return the opening kick for a touchdown! I want to see the cameras shaking from the noise level at the stadium! On Oklahoma's ensuing possession, I want Nebraska to pick them off and run it in for another score! Then the place would be rocking!

I just want to see these Huskers playing with so much heart, intensity and desire! Those 3 things have been propelling the underdog to victory countless times in college football!

AMEN BROTHER, PREACH ON!!! :)

Comprehend much? As you can see it was not I that started this towards whether or not this is a rivalry.

All I did was prove that it's not.

Just like every game, the winner is the team that wants it more. Nothing is different for this weekends NU vs. OU game.

Yes it is different this is a RIVALRY game. :dumdum That makes all the difference! On top of being on National TV, will any players even remember last years A$$ whooping, do they even care!

Preach wrong brother. Preach wrong.

Vince, perhaps you should define rivalry for us, I believe we may all have different ideas of what constitutes one. I am glad to see you have the intestinal fortitude to defend the onslaught of everyone disagreeing with you. Keep up the good work.

Considering I am the only one that is correct, the defense is really easy. But you'll never experience this. Here's the tip. Learn the ability to remove emotion from any topic and then learn to tell it like it is. Very few people have this ability.

Keep up the wrong work.

A rivalry game is one that can never be questioned as to whether or not it is a rivalry. NU vs. OU has tradition but since they no longer meet every year and play for the same stakes as they played for in the Big 8 days, the rivalry label is gone. Again it's a game with tradition. But today, it's solely just a game, than it is a rivalry.

Comprehend much? As you can see it was not I that started this towards whether or not this is a rivalry.

All I did was prove that it's not.

Preach wrong brother. Preach wrong.

All you've done is proven that it's not a rivalry? Uh...no you haven't. Look- everybody is content with whatever anybody else wants to call this game. You seem to want to cry like a wah-wah baby if people don't agree with you. You seem to want to make every thread about YOU and not about the topic at hand.

Grow up.

Vince, perhaps you should define rivalry for us, I believe we may all have different ideas of what constitutes one. I am glad to see you have the intestinal fortitude to defend the onslaught of everyone disagreeing with you. Keep up the good work.

Considering I am the only one that is correct, the defense is really easy. But you'll never experience this. Here's the tip. Learn the ability to remove emotion from any topic and then learn to tell it like it is. Very few people have this ability.

Keep up the wrong work.

A rivalry game is one that can never be questioned as to whether or not it is a rivalry. NU vs. OU has tradition but since they no longer meet every year and play for the same stakes as they played for in the Big 8 days, the rivalry label is gone. Again it's a game with tradition. But today, it's solely just a game, than it is a rivalry.

so if anyone at all, including you, question the status of a rivalry, it is no longer a rivalry. So if you said, "I am 99% sure it is a rivalry," it is not because you hold a doubt. Beyond a reasonable doubt is not a high enough standard. I guess my point is that this is too subjective of a topic for absolutes, and I would argue it is a rivalry by a preponderance of the evidence.