Who has more to prove Saturday? Who wants it more?

I mean really, rivalry is defined on who wants to beat who more every year. Not always defined on "elite" team or players just on contempt for the opposing team. Its like A&M and Texas. Aggs could be winless then beat a undefeated Texas team just because they do not like them. So do the players understand the history or even care about wanting to beat Oklahoma. Its like wanting to beat up the bully out of spite.

This game has not been a rivalry in 13 plus years. All it is today is just another game.

what about 2001?

It was a game in 2001. It was a good game in 2001 - but it was just another game. It was not a rivalry game.

I think the point is a rivalry isn't defined by how highly ranked the teams are, but we stopped playing them year in year out after the Big 12 formed.

It's a rivalry more to the fans than the players, probably. (edit, didn't see above post)

I don't think it is so easy to forget the historical context of this game.

I think the point is a rivalry isn't defined by how highly ranked the teams are, but we stopped playing them year in year out after the Big 12 formed.

It's a rivalry more to the fans than the players, probably. (edit, didn't see above post)

I don't think it is so easy to forget the historical context of this game.

Yeah brother but some hardheads don't want to see it that way. :hellloooo

Bob Disagrees

"Stoops tries to make sure his players know the context of the game. As he does with other traditional rivals, he showed clips to the team about the history of the series."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/a..._0_NORMAN351349

that's kinda funny !

Stoops has to show clips to teach his players about a rivalry?

obviously they didn't know it existed.

I guarantee he doesn't have to teach them about the texas rivalry.

I get two things from this thread. People arguing over whether or not this is a rivalry or not. I have no idea. It's a matter of opinion. The other is whether OU is elite or not. I'm not saying their an elite team this year, but they are an elite program. They've played in how many BCS games? I think Stoops holds the record for BCS games. They've won how many consecutive Big 12 Championships? They are definitely an elite program. I'd also say they're the best team we will play all year unless we make it to the Big 12 Championship game.

To answer the question, I think OU has more to prove this weekend than we do. After we laid an egg at home to Iowa State, I'm guessing most of the college football gurus have written us off. We have nothing to lose in this game. OU on the other hand is trying to claw its way back up in the rankings.

Sum that up in a motto and you have the current version of NU Football.

Vince what makes you so sure that anyone truly cares what your opinion is? Really? Apparently we as Husker fans are supposed to no longer believe that OU is our "Rival" because Vince said so. LMAO. Obviously you are 13 years old and missed all of the great NU vs OU games. Just because a "rivalry" becomes lopsided at one point in time doesn't mean it isn't relevant anymore. Just look at The Texas vs OU rivalry... OU won that game almost 5 years in a row, but it still holds relevance doesn't it? Just because one team drops off doesnt mean this game isnt viewed as a rivalry. But hey, what do I know? After all Im not "Vince from Shamwow!" :box

OU has one rival and has always had one real rival. WE used to be a close second, but my guess is OK State is above us now.

We played some great games back in the day, but if you go to Oklahoma and ask every single fan who they want to beat more than breath it will be TEXAS, not even close. THAT is a rivalry.

It is a great historical game, and means more to our fans than it does to Oklahoma fans.

They were our rival no question.

A lot like Colorado to us.

Oklahoma has elite coaches, elite players and three losses to ranked teams by a total of 5 points. If you do not think they are elite you will by midnight Saturday is my guess.

This is hands down the toughest team we will play this year. None have been close to the level of athletes we will see. No coaching staff better or close to the Oklahoma staff. Their record may not indicate elite, but anyone with a clue knows they are an elite team with some very bad luck.

I would give anything to have the talent they have, and the wins and losses they have compared to ours.

Keep kidding your self that 5-3 records mean they are the same. There is not a enought KOOL AID in the world to make that true.