the fumbled option pitch

what happened there? my wife walked in front of the tv.... should roy have been abe to handle it? I hear the announcers say he took his eye of it getting ready to make a move..... but they also said we were going to the victory formation on or last punt.......

Helu should have caught it, definitely. But Lee shouldn't have pitched it either, QB should have ate that one.

I haven't seen a replay, but from what I saw the first time around, Helu got both hands on the pitch, but it wasn't perfect. I think it was up towards his right side, a little high. He should have made the play, but yes it's true, I think Lee could have made a better pitch (again, all from memory). In cases like that, though, I will always say most of the blame falls on the receiver if they get two hands on it.

what happened there? my wife walked in front of the tv.... should roy have been abe to handle it? I hear the announcers say he took his eye of it getting ready to make a move..... but they also said we were going to the victory formation on or last punt.......

Helu should have caught it, definitely. But Lee shouldn't have pitched it either, QB should have ate that one.

Well that's also a good point, from what I remember, my initial reaction was that he should have probably just ate it as the play wasn't going anywhere anyway.

I think he was a bit surprised, since there were two OU guys in his face and nowhere to run. Thomas Lott, I mean Zac Lee should have just kept it and tried not to lose too much yardage, instead he threw it to Helu (Lee didn't want the hot potato anymore) hard and behind. It was a dumb play by Lee. Helu still has to pay attention and secure the ball any way he can. They were both at fault. I'd say .5% each. The other 99% of the fault goes to the bonehead who would put Lee and Helu in that position.

Yeah. What you said. I type slowly.

thaT is the funny thing about the option..... I remember plenty of times were in the past it would look like the QB was just getting rid of the ball and the RB was going to get killed and then the rb ends up getting a little space along the sideline and get 4-5 yards........ not saying that was the case here(since I didnt see it)

Lee sucks as an option QB. He has no idea how to make the D bite, and he makes ill-timed and sh**ty tosses. He should have held onto it for another second at least instead of setting up Helu like that.

Not saying Helu doesn't deserve any blame, but Lee dropped that ball on that

It was a horrible pitch. It was a horrible playcall. Anytime we have Zac Lee run zone read or sprint option is a bad decision, no matter who we're playing.

Cody Green? Sure. However, Shawn Watson doesn't understand how to really implement the option into our offense, and it's really not going to work this year, anyway.

If we're going to get any significant yardage with the option, we HAVE TO INVOLVE THE FULLBACK. We have to keep those linebackers from sprinting to the edge and preventing the numeric advantage required for a successful option play.

The timing of the pitch takes a lot of repitition and practice time..It always looks like we don't spend much time on it.

That zoom in of Bo blowing a gasket at Lee on the sidelines after the play shows how good he is under pressure though. <_<

Actually it looked like Bo blew a gasket on Watson first and still had some left over for Lee! And it didn't look like Watson took it too easy on Lee either. Like the saying goes, "sh*t runs downhill!" :o

Bo needs to chill the f*** out with screaming at players like that. You would never see a coach like Stoops or Brown yelling at a player on the sidelines like that. In the locker room, thats fine, but on national TV? :wtf

Especially since a lot of recruits were watching that game, that looks really bad.