Thunder Collins gets life in prison

Damn shame. The problem is there is crime everywhere. I live in Texas and my younger brother is a cop in Dallas. He has told me some horrific things that happen on a daily basis that don't get coverage. Like he told me one day, "If you could only see what I see, you wouldn't come out the house".

The crazy thing is there are people that are raping kids and stuff and getting slaps on the wrist. I hate to say it but the guy shot....well he put himself in that position whereas a kid has no choice. Not defending collins or the judgment in anyway...just shocking at times to see the law drop the hammer nowadays...:(

There frippend drug dealers/gangsters, the only sympathy deserved is to Nebraska for having the scum bag connected with it.

It happens every day of the week numerous times out here. This gang drug crap is going to destroy this country.

I wish he would have gotten the needle or the chair or what ever Nebraska does. Now we pay to feed him, keep in a lovely air conditioned cell, educate him and give him hundreds of opportunities to appeal the case, wasting more tax payers money.

We treat our criminals better than we treat our returning wounded service men. They are on their own with their families taking care of them.

What a useless peice of crap.

From Omaha.com

Collins apologized for what he was about to say to a group of 30 schoolchildren in uniforms from St. Margaret Mary Catholic School, who were there to observe court. He then quoted basketball coach Bobby Knight, saying he hopes that when he dies he is buried upside down “so all my critics can kiss my (expletive).”

What a class act. We should do the military thing and drum him out of the fold.

Let his name never be spoken again on this or any other Husker related website!!!

There frippend drug dealers/gangsters, the only sympathy deserved is to Nebraska for having the scum bag connected with it.

It happens every day of the week numerous times out here. This gang drug crap is going to destroy this country.

I wish he would have gotten the needle or the chair or what ever Nebraska does. Now we pay to feed him, keep in a lovely air conditioned cell, educate him and give him hundreds of opportunities to appeal the case, wasting more tax payers money.

We treat our criminals better than we treat our returning wounded service men. They are on their own with their families taking care of them.

:sarcasm In case you haven't heard, it costs a lot more to kill 'em...

Personally I am all for taking them out on the courthouse lawn and throwing a rope over a tree and being done with it the same day the trial is over. Cuts the costs down considerably.

From Omaha.com

Collins apologized for what he was about to say to a group of 30 schoolchildren in uniforms from St. Margaret Mary Catholic School, who were there to observe court. He then quoted basketball coach Bobby Knight, saying he hopes that when he dies he is buried upside down “so all my critics can kiss my (expletive).”

What a class act. We should do the military thing and drum him out of the fold.

Let his name never be spoken again on this or any other Husker related website!!!

Oh! Well this changes everything... :sarcasm

:yeah

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4648840

OMAHA, Neb. -- Former Nebraska running back Thunder Collins has been sentenced to life in prison for his role in a September 2008 shooting that killed one man and injured another.

In sentencing Thursday the Douglas County District Court also gave Collins a further 110 years on other counts, including attempted second-degree murder, assault and two weapons charges. The sentences are to be served consecutively.

Collins' attorney says he will appeal.

Collins was arrested within a day of the Omaha shooting that left 38-year-old Timothy Thomas dead and another California man, Marshall Turner, seriously wounded.

Prosecutors said the shooting stemmed from a botched drug deal in which Collins masterminded a plan to rob the men.

He'll be out in 7 to 10 years so what's the big deal? Life in prison?? HAHA what a joke !!

He also is saying on eve KPTM news that Husker boosters paid him $1,000 a month while at NU! But he fefuse to snitch on them!

video

http://www.kptm.com/global/story.asp?s=11494034

And then things really got surreal.

In one of the last spectacles involving a young man who may best be known for what he didn’t do with his opportunities, Collins invited reporters to a scattershot press conference in jail.

Advertising

He referred to Douglas County District Judge Gary Randall’s sentence of life plus 90 to 110 years as “life plus Star Trek years.” He said prosecutors used a couple of Sammy “the Bull” Gravanos against him as if he were John Gotti.

He said the judge violated his rights by not sequestering the jury. And he said it was a “good possibility” that the drug gangs in California “got” to the jurors deciding his fate.

Referring to himself in third person, he called his sparsely attended trial “a very high-profile case” — “right under” the trial of Roy Ellis in the death of 12-year-old Amber Harris.

He reiterated his stance that he’s no snitch — saying that was part of the reason he left the Nebraska football team as a senior. Collins, a running back, said he took the fall rather than snitch about what he now claims were $1,000-a-month payments from boosters.