Nebraska and Boise

Definitely better than playing the likes of Arkansas State....

disagreed.

how do we win in this situation?

it really doesnt matter what we do, we come out on the losing end.....

so, you'd rather whip the hell out of a crap team, than play a good one and get respect????

Somebody must have had their milk money taken from them on a daily basis...

I live in Idaho, and let me tell you right now:

f#*k Boise State's team, and f#*k Boise State's "fans".

All I ever hear about from U of Idaho fans is how they hate losing to BSU. All I ever hear from BSU fans is how they love beating Idaho.

I wish someone would drop BSU a line and remind them THEY PLAY IN THE FREAKIN' WAC. CONGRATULATIONS. YOU ARE THE FOURTH RANKED TEAM IN THE COUNTRY, YOU SHOULD BE BEATING IDAHO. NOW SHUT UP ABOUT IT.

Ugh. I would hate to play Boise State. Just adding them to the schedule would be like giving their team legitimacy. Outside of a fluke win against the constantly-bowl-choking Sooners, they have nothing.

"Bo Pelini has beefed up Nebraska's future nonconference football schedules, and apparently he's not done yet.

My sources at NU say that Nebraska is in preliminary discussions with Boise State about a future series, though not necessarily in 2011, when NU has an opening and Boise State needs a game.

The Broncos say they will go anywhere that year without a return — but reportedly want a $1 million guarantee to do so. Stay tuned.

This series is a good idea. I'd like to see a series — with NU even going to Boise State or playing BSU one time in an NFL stadium. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is usually open to suggestions. Maybe we can get that idea going again to play at Denver's Invesco Field at Mile High."

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091116/SPORTS/711169832

I knew there was discussion that both teams had open slots, but didn't know they were actually trying to work on something. Interesting. I'd love to crush Boise at home.

Great another non conference cupcake to play. What a joke. Why don't they schedule Florida, Alabama or Texas or somebody good?

Definitely better than playing the likes of Arkansas State....

disagreed.

how do we win in this situation?

it really doesnt matter what we do, we come out on the losing end.....

What do you mean how do you win? You win the game!! Beating Ark State takes you nowhere in the polls...you are expected to win that one, and you better win big.

we really do not need to toughen up our schedule, the big XII will take care of that for us. i would enjoy a more exciting preconference schedule, but it is not necessary.

That philosophy would have worked a few years ago, however if you want to be ranked in the top ten, you better play somebody other than just cupcakes. Especially if you want to go for the National Championship. Just winning the Big 12 won't do it necessarily. There are too many other good teams that are playing in tough conferences, too. And some of the lesser conferences are all of a sudden making an impact. It is no longer just the Big XII, SEC, Big 10, and Pac 10 that rule.

Besides, we all know how the pollsters are biased to the SEC, Big 10, and Pac 10 teams...and for that matter the Southern Division teams in the Big XII over the Northern Division teams at this point. We have to do a little more than they can just to prove ourselves.

that is a good point, you have to establish yourself early and get up in the polls fast. but i'd rather have it be a bad team that is always ranked high; michigan, notre dame, miami... so on and so forth. that way you get to beat a ranked team and look good doing it; boise state would be a challenge.

The problem with beating a bad team that is ranked too high early is that it eventually catches up to you with the Strength of Schedule - if they are a bad team they will probably lose more than just the one they lost to you. After you beat that ranked team, you root for them to win out the rest of their games, because that will help your cause also. You want them ranked as high as possible behind you.

we really do not need to toughen up our schedule, the big XII will take care of that for us. i would enjoy a more exciting preconference schedule, but it is not necessary.

That philosophy would have worked a few years ago, however if you want to be ranked in the top ten, you better play somebody other than just cupcakes. Especially if you want to go for the National Championship. Just winning the Big 12 won't do it necessarily. There are too many other good teams that are playing in tough conferences, too. And some of the lesser conferences are all of a sudden making an impact. It is no longer just the Big XII, SEC, Big 10, and Pac 10 that rule.

Besides, we all know how the pollsters are biased to the SEC, Big 10, and Pac 10 teams...and for that matter the Southern Division teams in the Big XII over the Northern Division teams at this point. We have to do a little more than they can just to prove ourselves.

Have you seen Florida's and Texas' out of conference games?

Here is all 8:

Louisiana-Monroe

Wyoming

UTEP

UCF

Charleston Southern

Troy

Florida International

Florida State

Florida State is the only team I would consider a quality opponent and they aren't even that good this year and both are in the hunt for the NCG. Once you get to the top you don't need to schedule anybody because they will keep you at the top until you lose and the easiest way to avoid losing is to avoid competition. I hate that this is teh case, but it is the truth. The BCS is set up to favor a team that is undefeated with no schedule over a team that has 1 loss that has a brutal schedule, unless of course the undefeated team is a mid-major, the BCS then tries to do everything they can to keep them out.

Have you seen Florida's and Texas' out of conference games?

Here is all 8:

Louisiana-Monroe

Wyoming

UTEP

UCF

Charleston Southern

Troy

Florida International

Florida State

Florida State is the only team I would consider a quality opponent and they aren't even that good this year and both are in the hunt for the NCG. Once you get to the top you don't need to schedule anybody because they will keep you at the top until you lose and the easiest way to avoid losing is to avoid competition. I hate that this is teh case, but it is the truth. The BCS is set up to favor a team that is undefeated with no schedule over a team that has 1 loss that has a brutal schedule, unless of course the undefeated team is a mid-major, the BCS then tries to do everything they can to keep them out.

you dont have to schedule tough non conf games if you play in any of the bcs conferences because if you win your conference (specifially thebig 12 and sec) than it's perty much an automatic ncs game bid because you're in the big 12 or sec. Look at cinci, they're a bcs school prob gonna win their conference, although i hope not, and they wont get the national title bid for going undefeated. thats why we need a playoff. florida has consistently played patsies and hasnt scheduled any teams from the north or west but they've been winning so they'll be in the nc game if they go undefeated. it wouldnt matter if they played florida a&m, central florida, florida international, theywin the sec they go. lame.

Not sure if this will put me in the minority, but we need to adopt a "Anytime, Anywhere" attitude.

I want to see us playing less of the Pacific's, Ark St's, and FIU's of the world, and start scheduling legitimate competition. Especially in the age where a stupid ass computer has say instead of the voters.

Not sure if this will put me in the minority, but we need to adopt a "Anytime, Anywhere" attitude.

I want to see us playing less of the Pacific's, Ark St's, and FIU's of the world, and start scheduling legitimate competition. Especially in the age where a stupid ass computer has say instead of the voters.

You do know the BCS is 2/3 human poll, 1/3 computer, right?