Mangino should come here

RedGixxer

Coach Mangino should tell Kansas to stick it where the sun don't shine and come to Nebraska to be the Offensive Coordinator after they get rid of Watson. Wow can you imagine what kind of dynamite offensive team the Huskers would be then? I would say Nebraska would be National Champs in 2 years if that happened, no doubt about it. :horns2:horns2:horns2

Coach Mangino should tell Kansas to stick it where the sun don't shine and come to Nebraska to be the Offensive Coordinator after they get rid of Watson. Wow can you imagine what kind of dynamite offensive team the Huskers would be then? I would say Nebraska would be National Champs in 2 years if that happened, no doubt about it. :horns2:horns2:horns2

Nobody is getting rid of Watson. I have a feeling he is here to stay until he chooses to move on. I was pretty hard on him earlier, but after putting emotions aside, looking at the whole picture, he is actually doing well considering all the injuries and young players he has on offense this year. I am also encouraged that he is starting to show a willingness to change/adapt to what is necessary for the offense to be productive. Many of us, including myself, are ecstatic to see smash mouth football returning somewhat. When they executed that playaction pass in the last game I was screaming like crazy in a good way. If we can keep Helu and McNeil (and keep using him more) healthy and get Berkhead back, we are a dangerous team all the way around.

:laughpound Dream on! Watson isn't going anywhere unless he wants to. At this point, all you Watson haters better just get used to the idea that unless he decides himself to leave, Osborne and Pelini will keep him on. There is a loyalty there that a lot of you folks don't have a clue about. If it was up to you we would have all new coaches every other year. Get over it already... :nutz

:laughpound Dream on! Watson isn't going anywhere unless he wants to. At this point, all you Watson haters better just get used to the idea that unless he decides himself to leave, Osborne and Pelini will keep him on. There is a loyalty there that a lot of you folks don't have a clue about. If it was up to you we would have all new coaches every other year. Get over it already... :nutz

:yeah Thanks Trucker for saving me 43 seconds of typing......

Sounds like a real peach of a guy...runs off coaches, and trashes his players.

Former Kansas wide receiver Raymond Brown, a senior last season, said Mangino would often "say personal, hurtful, embarrassing things in front of people."

Brown cited two examples. He said that once, his younger brother had been shot in the arm in St. Louis. Then came a game.

"I dropped a pass and [Mangino] was mad," Brown said. "And I said, 'Yes, sir. Yes, sir.' The yelling didn't bother me. But then he said, 'Shut up!' He said, 'If you don't shut up, I'm going to send you back to St. Louis so you can get shot with your homies.' I was irate. I wanted to hurt him to be honest with you."

Brown said another teammate had confided in the team that his father was an alcoholic and the player dreamed of becoming a lawyer.

"One day, [Mangino] said in front of the entire team, 'Are you going to be a lawyer or do you want to become an alcoholic like your Dad?' " Brown said.

"He'd say things like, 'I'll send you back to the street corner where you came from,' " Herford said.

"He'd say, 'This is Kansas, you're not back home,' " Crawford said. "He'd say, 'You're not back with your homies. If you're not careful you'll be watching the game in the stands with your homies. You'll be back in that neighborhood.' "

If we held everyone to these standards, half the coaches in college football, all divisions, would be fired. As would about 25% of everyone in a supervisory capacity in most factories. As would every single drill sergeant in the US Armed Forces.

I have yet to hear anything that "crosses the line" about Mangino.

If we held everyone to these standards, half the coaches in college football, all divisions, would be fired. As would about 25% of everyone in a supervisory capacity in most factories. As would every single drill sergeant in the US Armed Forces.

I have yet to hear anything that "crosses the line" about Mangino.

have to disagree knap..

telling someone that he will send them to go get shot right after their brother was shot......that crosses the line.