Owa

I dont know. But I know that supposedly two DEs committed to Florida this week when Owa was visiting. UF already had one on board for next year so I doubt that they would want another. I think these two DEs committment to UF just took UF out of the running for Owa. No insider info on that last statement. JMO.

I dont know. But I know that supposedly two DEs committed to Florida this week when Owa was visiting. UF already had one on board for next year so I doubt that they would want another. I think these two DEs committment to UF just took UF out of the running for Owa. No insider info on that last statement. JMO.

True but we also have 6 committed DLinemen, probably not the same caliber as Florida but 6 is quite a bit

Plus I think Florida would take Owa if they got a commitment from him

The thing that I heard was that this weekend Chris Martin swung his commitment to UF and Ronald Powell has been a silent commit to the Gators all along. If those two really are on board I dont think that they will continue to pursue Owa as hard as they were.

Dont underestimate Papuchis in this whole battle either.

People keep pointing out that we have 6 DE's committed or D linemen committed, not just in this thread but in several others. Rome and Guy are probably DT recruits and Ashburn has the potential to be a DT so that leaves Vestel and Okuyemi as the only for sure DE commits.

vestal could also be looked at for DT or even OG.

People keep pointing out that we have 6 DE's committed or D linemen committed, not just in this thread but in several others. Rome and Guy are probably DT recruits and Ashburn has the potential to be a DT so that leaves Vestel and Okuyemi as the only for sure DE commits.

I think vestal is going to be a DE, because he doesn't look anywhere near 240 on the tapes I've seen. Also, we need one of these DEs to potentially play next year. We have a three man rotation at DE, which means we are one man away from someone having to play the entire game or add someone to the rotation who isn't ready getting on the field.

But I think there is a lot of promise in our DL recruits. Jay Guy has the potential to be beast (underrated imo), same is true with okuyemi, rome, vestal, and I can see ashburn as an oversize DE like potter.

I think vestal is going to be a DE, because he doesn't look anywhere near 240 on the tapes I've seen. Also, we need one of these DEs to potentially play next year. We have a three man rotation at DE, which means we are one man away from someone having to play the entire game or add someone to the rotation who isn't ready getting on the field.

But I think there is a lot of promise in our DL recruits. Jay Guy has the potential to be beast (underrated imo), same is true with okuyemi, rome, vestal, and I can see ashburn as an oversize DE like potter.

any chance we go for the 230ish d ends again?

any chance we go for the 230ish d ends again?

honestly, I don't think we do. Bo wants his DL to control the run and make opposing teams one dimensional. To control the run you might need DEs larger than 230. I can see a hybrid guy coming around like Demorrio, but guys like him don't come around often.

The DE situation will be vastly different next season. Turner is gone but Meredith and Allen figure to be the starters, should be better IMO. Josh Williams is bigger and might be ready to contribute next season and Ankrah should be able to make a Meredith-like impact next season. Not too bad overall, but if a True Frosh is good enough to crack that rotation then I am all for it because he will have to be a stud out of the gates to do that.