Four things Bo can learn from Mack

omahapanda

Gee they forgot to mention that Brown doesn't have to leave the state to get top recruits which will make you a really good coach.

Neither does Pete Carroll or Urban Meyers. That being said it is not a guarantee that every top recruit will go to Texas, FL, or USC. Those coaches have to compete like everyone else. The recruits look at rosters because they want to play. If they are stacked at spot kids will decide to go elsewhere.

Gee they forgot to mention that Brown doesn't have to leave the state to get top recruits which will make you a really good coach.

Neither does Pete Carroll or Urban Meyers. That being said it is not a guarantee that every top recruit will go to Texas, FL, or USC. Those coaches have to compete like everyone else. The recruits look at rosters because they want to play. If they are stacked at spot kids will decide to go elsewhere.

i agree with almost everything you said, they have to compete, but not like everyone else, they have a lot of advantages, NU shares most of those advantages (history, prestige, facilities...) but they do have a huge advantage being in the center of the largest and greatest population densities.

I liked the point made though about the size of Texas and the cities it would include if Nebraska were that size. Sometimes you hear someone say something enough and you believe it. I'd just gone along with the whole UT can just lock down its homestate talent thing, but yeah, its a huge state and not necessarily as enamored with UT and only UT as this state is with NU. If we can just get the better of our north teams first, I think maybe we can get back to locking down players in these areas. We used to get whoever we wanted out of Missouri if I remember correctly

As long as Mack doesn't teach Bo his personal approach in keeping his players from getting into trouble!

Yeah, this may not be the best tactic to use as a Husker fan. We have no room to criticize other teams when it comes to players' criminal behavior.

I agree. We haven't been exactly squeaky clean either.

As long as Mack doesn't teach Bo his personal approach in keeping his players from getting into trouble!

Yeah, this may not be the best tactic to use as a Husker fan. We have no room to criticize other teams when it comes to players' criminal behavior.

I agree. We haven't been exactly squeaky clean either.

Yup every program has their troubles. Some more than others though.