This Year's NFL draft

Other than Suh, do you guys think we'll have any players that will be taken in the draft this year? I'm specifically wondering if Prince Amukamara or Larry Asante have a good shot. After their Big 12 Honors, you think that would get them some attention. What about Hickman? :w00t

GO BIG RED!

Not sure how it'll play out for the others. :dunno

Prince is a Jr. this year though, so he'll be back.

Dillard will probably go in the late rounds. Asante is projected as a 4th-6th rounder by many. Hickman may get taken in the 6th-7th, and will certainly be an undrafted FA signee if not drafted.

I don't think Amukamara will declare. He's seen how much Suh's stock has raised since returning, its worth several million dollars if he comes back and has another All-Big 12 year.

A sleeper is O'Hanlon. Pros are gonna love him in interviews, he's a blue collar guy, and scouts tend to like hard workers. I'm not gonna say he'll get drafted for sure, as he's on the small side, but he'll get a solid look. Don't be surprised if he gets invited to the combine.

Suh is obvious...

but first off I don't see Prince going because he still has a lot to learn. Dillard and Asante will be mid round picks. I could see Asante being a guy that Scouts fall in love with because he just passes the eye ball test.

No one on offense will get drafted... Hickman isn't as good as Slauson or Murtha and both of them went undrafted.

I think Asante, Dillard and possibly Hickman will get some attention with Dillard maybe having the best shot of a late round pick. If not for Suh this would be a dud class as far as draft material.

Well, just wait for a few years and I think we'll have some better NFL classes. I mean, there's a thread on here that Rex Burkhead is going to win the Heisman, so I suppose that means that he'll be a top 5 draft pick? :lol::corndance

I have a bet with a friend that Suh will go number 1 overall.

Asante has a chance to shoot up the draft boards with a good combine and I think he will.

It will be interesting to see where Barry Turner grades out. I can see him being taken late.

O'Hanlon will definitely get his chance to play, drafted or not.

Dillard has a good chance right now.

Prince isn't going anywhere soon.

Suh is obvious...

but first off I don't see Prince going because he still has a lot to learn. Dillard and Asante will be mid round picks. I could see Asante being a guy that Scouts fall in love with because he just passes the eye ball test.

No one on offense will get drafted... Hickman isn't as good as Slauson or Murtha and both of them went undrafted.

FYI Murtha was drafted in the 7th round.

I wonder how much higher they would have gone had Barney taught the O-line technique and things like that. Or under the previous coaching staff. Murtha is on a 53-man roster these days...with Bill Parcell's Dolphins.

I think we just don't have many seniors this year, but it's a very solid bunch and they will really be missed.

Suh is obvious...

Slauson was drafted by the Jets. 6th round I believe.

During the CU game, one of my buddies asked me if I thought Alex Henery should come out after this season. I would really hate to see it, but if he doesn't get the bounces next year could that hurt his status? I hope he stays, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at least test the waters. Thoughts?

During the CU game, one of my buddies asked me if I thought Alex Henery should come out after this season. I would really hate to see it, but if he doesn't get the bounces next year could that hurt his status? I hope he stays, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at least test the waters. Thoughts?

I have never heard of a kicker or punter leaving early, but I guess it's possible. I'd say very unlikely though.

My Projections

SUH-#1 overall

Dillard-3rd round. Some might think this is high, but he is a prototypical run stuffing LBer. He would be great on third and shorts and against heavy run teams.

Asante-4th round. I think he will have a great combine. Hopefully scouts don't think he make too many boneheaded plays. Instead they should see his love for knocking heads

O'Hanlon-his combine performance will be key. Even if he doesn't get drafted I think he could definitely be starting on special times next year. Like previously stated, he's a class act and I think scouts will like him.

I would be shocked if any non-seniors declared for the draft next year.

I have never heard of a kicker or punter leaving early, but I guess it's possible. I'd say very unlikely though.

My Projections

SUH-#1 overall

Dillard-3rd round. Some might think this is high, but he is a prototypical run stuffing LBer. He would be great on third and shorts and against heavy run teams.

Asante-4th round. I think he will have a great combine. Hopefully scouts don't think he make too many boneheaded plays. Instead they should see his love for knocking heads

O'Hanlon-his combine performance will be key. Even if he doesn't get drafted I think he could definitely be starting on special times next year. Like previously stated, he's a class act and I think scouts will like him.

I would be shocked if any non-seniors declared for the draft next year.

Dillard before Asante....a very interesting prediction! I really hope that Dillard does get drafted, he's worked so hard and it's obvious that he plays with his heart.

It'd be cool if Suh it number one, but it seems that everyone's always after the next great QB to turn their program into gold. I think he'll be a number three pick.