This Year's NFL draft

During the CU game, one of my buddies asked me if I thought Alex Henery should come out after this season. I would really hate to see it, but if he doesn't get the bounces next year could that hurt his status? I hope he stays, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at least test the waters. Thoughts?

I have never heard of a kicker or punter leaving early, but I guess it's possible. I'd say very unlikely though.

My Projections

SUH-#1 overall

Dillard-3rd round. Some might think this is high, but he is a prototypical run stuffing LBer. He would be great on third and shorts and against heavy run teams.

Asante-4th round. I think he will have a great combine. Hopefully scouts don't think he make too many boneheaded plays. Instead they should see his love for knocking heads

O'Hanlon-his combine performance will be key. Even if he doesn't get drafted I think he could definitely be starting on special times next year. Like previously stated, he's a class act and I think scouts will like him.

I would be shocked if any non-seniors declared for the draft next year.

Dillard before Asante....a very interesting prediction! I really hope that Dillard does get drafted, he's worked so hard and it's obvious that he plays with his heart.

It'd be cool if Suh it number one, but it seems that everyone's always after the next great QB to turn their program into gold. I think he'll be a number three pick.

Yes I have been high on Dillard since he was in the dog house last year.

And yes you are right, teams often go for the golden boy QB first. But 2 teams that could have the number #1 draft pick next year (Tampa Bay and Detroit) both drafted their first round QBs later year. So anything could happen. It really just depends on what team has the first crack at the draft.

i have heard mel kiper has Cody Green going in the 4th round, as a high 4th round pick...

So I guess the board isn't quite done with the cody green nonsense posts.....

Nope.

Check the Husker Football page.

it was sarcastic, making fun of the irrational beliefs. nothing against green, but reading some posts, i just thought i would be the first to bait the hook.

Other than Suh

I see Asante going early middle rounds

Dillard going somewhere in the 4th possibly 5th round

I bet Hickman will get drafted in something like the 6th

I read something about O'Hanlon getting some looks so possibly him as well.

Also Mr. Irrelevant will be none other than Barry Turner.

I see O'Hanlon being the steal of the draft for whoever takes him. He reminds me a lot of the Chargers Eric Weddle. Weddle's an undersized safety with balls of steel and he's always around the ball. I can definitely see O'Hanlon following in his shoes. Suh's draft position will depend on who has the first pick, if it's Tampa Bay he goes #1.

Just got an email about an analysis of Suh's game and how he compares to other top defensive players for the draft. It was copied pay content from ESPN supposedly, so I will not post it here. However, if you go to the Cleveland Brown's forum, Link, look for a thread simply called Suh, Draft.

It has breakdowns of running plays focused at Suh for the point of attack. Percentages on how many times he won those plays, etc. It also breaks down "Splash plays" where the defender negatively impacts a passing play. They figured that Gerald McCoy had 10 splash plays in 5 games and Marvin Austin had 3 over 5 games, but Suh had 25 over 10 games. Pretty interesting if you can find it. It's on the second page of topics right now.

Just got an email about an analysis of Suh's game and how he compares to other top defensive players for the draft. It was copied pay content from ESPN supposedly, so I will not post it here. However, if you go to the Cleveland Brown's forum, Link, look for a thread simply called Suh, Draft.

It has breakdowns of running plays focused at Suh for the point of attack. Percentages on how many times he won those plays, etc. It also breaks down "Splash plays" where the defender negatively impacts a passing play. They figured that Gerald McCoy had 10 splash plays in 5 games and Marvin Austin had 3 over 5 games, but Suh had 25 over 10 games. Pretty interesting if you can find it. It's on the second page of topics right now.

A fantastic read, everyone should pop on to that forum and take a look at that. My favorite part has to be splash statistics break down and how Suh doubles any other player's impact. He should be the number one pick just in all the athleticism he brings to the table.

A fantastic read, everyone should pop on to that forum and take a look at that. My favorite part has to be splash statistics break down and how Suh doubles any other player's impact. He should be the number one pick just in all the athleticism he brings to the table.

Here is the last paragraph of that article:

The Football Scientist Lab Result: Suh is hands down the best player I have graded in the Draft Lab series. It is said that this is one of the deepest defensive line drafts in NFL history and the metrics say Suh is head and shoulders above his positional competition. He should be the No. 1 pick in the draft and, if I had a vote, I would nominate him for the Heisman Trophy without hesitation. He easily gets a TFS seal of approval.

:w00t