Suh draft predictions/speculation

JTrain

Where do you think Suh goes in the draft? He will go in the top six no matter what, and probably top two or three. I have read that the Rams are not interested. The Browns may like Suh, but they play a 3-4 defense and Suh seems much better suited for the 4-3. There is some speculation that they might like him at DE in the 3-4, but I doubt they risk such a high pick for that experiment.

That would seem to leave the Bucs, Lions, Redskins and Raiders as the final possibilities. I think the Bucs are the most likely to get Suh, although they'll have to hope they don't beat Seattle and/or Carolina. It would be cool to see two of the best Blackshirts of the past decade together on the same NFL defense.

I believe he is a #1 overall pick, but I don't want him going to any of those teams, especially the Raiders. They are all black holes for talent. I would prefer him get drafted later and have a better chance for a lasting legacy then go high to team that does not know how to utilize his talent. But I am sure his wallet and agent would argue otherwise.

Maybe my Vikings can trade up and get him :) . Oh, wishful thinking...

If he absolutely had to go to one of those teams, I would prefer the Bucs. I think they have the best chances out of all of those teams to get back to a play-off contending team.

We'll see, though. That's the thing that sometimes sucks about being a high NFL draft pick. You're not going to get picked up by the best team or a team that will take you far, in most cases. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last defensive player to be drafted first in a draft was Demarrio Williams for the Texans. He had a lot of potential but given that the Texas never go anywhere every year, you really don't hear about this guy (or see him) being one of the better defensive players in the NFL.

I'm going to bet he goes 1st or 2nd.

I'm trying hard to think of someone who might get picked first, and having a hard time coming up with that one.

I could see the Rams and Browns taking a QB. The Rams have Bulger and Boller, the Browns have Anderson and Quinn. None of those four have been impressive.

Why would the Rams say they aren't interested in Suh? Is there something about LaJuan Ramsey that I'm not aware of that makes him more attractive than Suh?

If he absolutely had to go to one of those teams, I would prefer the Bucs. I think they have the best chances out of all of those teams to get back to a play-off contending team.

We'll see, though. That's the thing that sometimes sucks about being a high NFL draft pick. You're not going to get picked up by the best team or a team that will take you far, in most cases. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last defensive player to be drafted first in a draft was Demarrio Williams for the Texans. He had a lot of potential but given that the Texas never go anywhere every year, you really don't hear about this guy (or see him) being one of the better defensive players in the NFL.

Williams was drafted by the Falcons and had a good four seasons with them. Then he was traded to Kansas City where he is now.

The Rams are just in dire need of a quarterback. I think the browns will have the first pick and take someone like Jimmy claussen. Rams will probably be second and take Jake Locker. Hopefully the Bucs are sitting there at 3 and can get Suh. That would be a great fit for him. Their team has lots of potential.

Then hopefully the Chiefs can get Okung..they need line help bad!

Williams was drafted by the Falcons and had a good four seasons with them. Then he was traded to Kansas City where he is now.

I think he means Mario Williams.

I think he means Mario Williams.

:yeah

and for what it's worth, Williams is a fantastic football player. Pro-Bowler last year, I believe. Much better career so far than Vince Young and Reggie Bush. You did hit the nail on the head that since he is a defensive player in Houston he doesn't get much media love, but the NFL coaches sure respect the hell out of him.