Bold and Intersting Article

This is a lofty accusation. I don't know how many roughing penalties Texas has gotten in comparison to what was called against them. They are the 4th highest team in the conference in penalties yards averaging about 50 yards a game.

As I think about the theory of the columnist. If it was all about Texas they wouldn't have got left out of the game last year in the first place.

I don't think I will subscribe to this mode of thinking until I see it with my own eyes. We have lost the Big 12 before when we would have went to the ship and so has Texas.

I am in total agreeance with you on the fact that this could happen. I hope it doesn't, but you are totally right. I am calling for a Husker upset, but if that happens, who really wants to see Alabama or Florida play against TCU or Cincy in the National Championship game. Could either of them give a good performance? Sure. They could also go out there and get 50 points hung on them and shut out and embarrassed too. That is why they will try to get Texas in there and hopefully beat Alabama or Florida, and shut the SEC up.

I would love to see TCU or Cincy play in the ship. Especially TCU because i grew up in DFW and went to numerous horny frog games. Of course I would love a husker upset, but I would also love to see a non BSC team in the big game, because it might finally be the explanation point on the declaration for a playoff system.

I used to think a playoff was too much, but especially if we find a way to beat Texas, i will officially jump on the NCAA top 10 or 25 playoff bandwagon.

What I should have said was, " I don't think a lot of people across the nation would want to see it". I personally would also like to see TCU in the BSC championship game if the Huskers or Texas doesn't go, and BEAT Florida, that would be great. But I don't forsee that happening. I also am with you and would love to see a playoff. The more college football on TV the happier I am. GO BIG RED

For me to comment on games that I did not get to watch would be innappropriate, but I will take your word that there was blatant holding going on and it was not called in those games. From watching my own team this season, I can assure you that our offensive line was heavily penalized all season long. I take issue with an article making excuses days before the game, let's see how it gets played out before articles are written accusing the conference officials of cheating.

I get what you're saying. Perhaps a better way to read the article is to see it as venting for a season's worth of non-calls, especially when many of the holds were so blatant. But again, to be fair, I saw holding in every Big XII game I watched this year, and it wasn't called more than it was called.

Well if holding is not being called as much but if consistent then no harm no foul for Nebraska just like any other school does play offense from time to time and so they would get the benefit from the non-calls as well. I will agree that there was a prime example last week of a non-call on Colorado although it did not cost you anything but there may have been a non-call on Nebraska as well.

As for those stats, I got them off the official Big 12 Conference site.

I like the Tulsa article where the guy mentions that if Texas wins, the Big 12 loses money. But if Nebraska wins, we keep $4.5 million dollars by sending two teams to BCS games.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/arti...B1_MTVTOO383166

I mean if the referees are going to be paid off in this game, its probably going to be in our favor, because they want more money.

Here what can be done. get rid of CONF football offical"s and do like NCAA bball. I don't even like to hear before a game of 2 team from diff CONF about what CONF the offical come from. I think what the hell can that mean ? Just have NCAA football offical and send around to game just like bball. The rule"s are to be same no care what team or CONF and it might be better to have no offical even know much about this or that player or coach. There i fix that.

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

For me to comment on games that I did not get to watch would be innappropriate, but I will take your word that there was blatant holding going on and it was not called in those games. From watching my own team this season, I can assure you that our offensive line was heavily penalized all season long. I take issue with an article making excuses days before the game, let's see how it gets played out before articles are written accusing the conference officials of cheating.

I get what you're saying. Perhaps a better way to read the article is to see it as venting for a season's worth of non-calls, especially when many of the holds were so blatant. But again, to be fair, I saw holding in every Big XII game I watched this year, and it wasn't called more than it was called.

Well if holding is not being called as much but if consistent then no harm no foul for Nebraska just like any other school does play offense from time to time and so they would get the benefit from the non-calls as well. I will agree that there was a prime example last week of a non-call on Colorado although it did not cost you anything but there may have been a non-call on Nebraska as well.

I agree that the article is preemptive whining, but I don't agree that it's no harm no foul. Our D-line is our strength, and it's being neutralized if holding isn't called. It's like being a strong running team like we were in the 80s and 90s, and saying, let's not call any pass interference on either side. You can see where the advantage would be there.

I agree that the article is preemptive whining, but I don't agree that it's no harm no foul. Our D-line is our strength, and it's being neutralized if holding isn't called. It's like being a strong running team like we were in the 80s and 90s, and saying, let's not call any pass interference on either side. You can see where the advantage would be there.

I understand but if it isn't selective officiating then so be it, I don't care if you call a lot of penalties or none at all just be consistent. So if the mentality by the Big 12 is to cut back on penalties and it is applied evenly then great. I understand that the strength of your team is the defensive line but let's be honest, unless the Cornhusker offense can come out of its shell this Saturday the lack of holding won't really make much difference other than deflecting blame from the offense to the officiating.

I like the Tulsa article where the guy mentions that if Texas wins, the Big 12 loses money. But if Nebraska wins, we keep $4.5 million dollars by sending two teams to BCS games.

I mean if the referees are going to be paid off in this game, its probably going to be in our favor, because they want more money.

Here what can be done. get rid of CONF football offical"s and do like NCAA bball. I don't even like to hear before a game of 2 team from diff CONF about what CONF the offical come from. I think what the hell can that mean ? Just have NCAA football offical and send around to game just like bball. The rule"s are to be same no care what team or CONF and it might be better to have no offical even know much about this or that player or coach. There i fix that.

TuffTiger

Well put!!

What did you say?

I looked up Nebraska's eight conference games. In those games our opponents attempted 308 passes. They were called for holding 11 times. Nebraska attempted 197 passes and were called for holding 10 times. To be sure, that's not enough holding calls on our opponents. I could see how we could be called for holding so much despite 100 fewer attempts because our line isn't very good, but to only be able to find 11 holds on 308 attempts? Absurd.

TuffTiger

Is it sad that I am understanding what TT is saying now?

Neways.. Well said.

I'm still not over the whiny Texans and their "head to head" win in a three-way tie. For a season they were the lolz of the nation. But I'd hope that the sport hasn't sunk so low that a conference championship would be based on dollars and cents. The day this happens and is proven to the public, college football itself will implode. The reason is the same I wouldn't pay to watch Achilles fight Stephen Hawking. No one watches a rigged game.