It's about to get a whole lot better around here

I am I

Knapp, you forgot to mention if NU gets Gill away from KU

Well, the whole reason I want Gill to go to Kansas is so his drive won't be so far when he makes the move to Lincoln. I fully expect Turner to coach here before his career is done. Bo may stay for 30 years - who knows? But if not, Turner is our guy.

Well, the whole reason I want Gill to go to Kansas is so his drive won't be so far when he makes the move to Lincoln. I fully expect Turner to coach here before his career is done. Bo may stay for 30 years - who knows? But if not, Turner is our guy.

Always thinking aren't you? :thumbs

Honestly, is going 'home' to coach always, absolutely, the best thing to do? If coach Bo is successful in building back the Huskers to a top 10 school that regularly 'reloads', like the old days, why is this job a stepsister to any other? NU has very deep pockets when they're needed. Also, from what i've heard, Bo's family just loves Lincoln...

Honestly, is going 'home' to coach always, absolutely, the best thing to do? If coach Bo is successful in building back the Huskers to a top 10 school that regularly 'reloads', like the old days, why is this job a stepsister to any other? NU has very deep pockets when they're needed. Also, from what i've heard, Bo's family just loves Lincoln...

I'm just "what iffing." I hope Bo stays and continues to grow as a coach here. I can't imagine he'd be more successful at Ohio State than here, or that he's more interested in coaching there than here. This is a pretty darned sweet gig. OSU would be, at best, a lateral move.

I'm just "what iffing." I hope Bo stays and continues to grow as a coach here. I can't imagine he'd be more successful at Ohio State than here, or that he's more interested in coaching there than here. This is a pretty darned sweet gig. OSU would be, at best, a lateral move.

:yeah

I see Randle everyday and to be honest I always figured he would be one of those guys that never saw the field. I am glad hear that I am more than likely wrong in my assumption. I see Ankrah everyday too and he is a freaking beast. He is intimidating to even walk by. Scary to thing that Suh is even bigger than he is. They both seem like good guys too.

so you're sayin randle doesn't look physically intimidating...i could be wrong but i think they list him at 6-1 255 lb or so

Sounds great. But you don't lose a player like Suh and expect to have a better defense. Oh, you can hope that the losses of Suh and Turner along with Dill and Asante will be replaced by star redshirts or kids that improved this year. It might happen. You have to doubt that to be the case if you are not drinking the 'aid.

On the positive side, our offense cannot possibly be any worse than it has been this season. Surely some improvement will be made. Blockbuster offense? Doubt it. But if we can be at least a capable offense next year and still have a decent, albeit not stellar defense, we should be in pretty good shape.

As to Bo leaving for OSU. I wouldn't worry until we win the conference and smoke someone in a BCS bowl. That ain't likely to happen this year. Ohio State who is not near ready to fire their coach; would go for any number of coaches who are getting the press for the Notre Dame job before looking at Bo. Our offensive stats alone would preclude a major program at this time from considering Bo in his second year. The time may come when Husker fans have to be concerned about Bo leaving, but not anytime soon imo.

This is awesome to hear :bonez But I do remember when Cotten was saying that the o-line would be great and that there are a lot of young guys that will see a lot of playing time. Granted we did decided to redshirt a few guys and I believe Qvale did get hurt before the season statrted.

I heard from a very very very very very reliable source (as good of source as it gets) that Qvale is almost 100% back from his shoulder surgery. (Qvale that is the only word I have seen that wasn't Q "u")

It is not the defense we need to worry about...we have to get this offense back on it's feet and to where it is a viable threat. WHAT are they looking to do in the future to do that? What are they doing when it comes to recruiting for the offensive line? Defense with the Pelini's here is a given.

Yeah I was at the Big Red Breakfast when Carl was talking. He is really excited about the young guys and he said we were deep, deep, deep in the secondary and they are going to be phenomenal. The D-Line...he didn't even feel worried about any of the guys coming up. He talked about the O-Line a little bit and said the young guys are going to be special as well. All in all he basically said the entire defense is going to be very deep for years to come so you gotta like to hear that.

He also said Bo wasn't yelling at him after the last Colorado touchdown...he just happened to be walking and got in the line of fire of the yell haha. Bo didn't even single him out either...he was just yelling like "how does that happen" or something along those lines.

Also that top recruit was a linebacker...number one in the country that USC got. Carl said Martin was the better player when both of them were playing in that game. Can't remember all the details, but even Petey boy saw he let Martin get away and he was the better player.

That top LB that ended up going to SC woulda been Marquis Simmons probably... Four star outta Compton.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usc/football/recru...s-Simmons-61111

I think that is the guy...he is lower than what I thought Carl said. I could have sworn he said he was the #1 linbacker recruit, but this could be the only guy from California that USC picked up from what I saw.