Latest Heisman projections from StiffArmTrophy.com

Nexus

Assuming its legit...

Suh 20 1st place votes

Gerheart 8 1st place votes

McCoy 7 1st place votes

Ingram 3 1st place votes

Tebow 3 1st place votes

That's not the problem. The problem is that Gerhart is pretty much everyone's #2, while Suh is either getting first place votes or really no votes.

Gerhart has has 15 #2 & #3 votes. Suh has 8. That's where he'll lose it.

But Suh still has more votes. If he continues to receive and in the end receives more votes, the difference between 2's and 3's won't matter.

I think it might surprise you how many voters simply will not put a defensive player on their ballot. So many of these Heisman voters watch very few games and have zero critical thinking skills.

I was listening to a Iowa radio show last night and an old loon was talking about his Heisman vote. Here were his "thoughts":

1. "I just handed in my Heisman vote, and I put Mark Ingram #1, Gerhart #2"

2. Gerhart is the best player in the country by far. If he were playing for any of the major programs like USC, Florida, Bama, Ohio St., etc. he would win the Heisman by a landslide.

:wacko:

He also didn't know what Suh's name was. The other host asked him if he put Suh 3rd and he didn't seem to remember who he put third, if anyone. He sort of hesitated and mumbled and then said that Suh was the best player in the country. WHAT!!? So to sum up his thoughts, He voted for Ingram, Gerhart is the best player in the country by far, and Suh is the best player in the country. :blink: Yes, this is the type of person who decides the Heisman.

I think Suh will get plenty of votes, but I think Ingram probably wins. Just seems like there is a good chunk of voters who barely know of Gerhart. Apparently Danny Wuerffel was interviewed and said something to the effect of, "I hear the running back for Stanford is pretty good." I don't know if he revealed his vote, but I would guess it's probably: Tebow, Ingram, McCoy.

Like we've said all along, I'll be happy to see Suh get an invite. I don't see him finishing in the top 3, but I think there's a good chance he's 4th.

Assuming its legit...

Suh 20 1st place votes

Gerheart 8 1st place votes

McCoy 7 1st place votes

Ingram 3 1st place votes

Tebow 3 1st place votes

That's not the problem. The problem is that Gerhart is pretty much everyone's #2, while Suh is either getting first place votes or really no votes.

Gerhart has has 15 #2 & #3 votes. Suh has 8. That's where he'll lose it.

But Suh still has more votes. If he continues to receive and in the end receives more votes, the difference between 2's and 3's won't matter.

I might not understand what you are saying . . . but the number of first place votes isn't all that matters. I believe that the second and third place votes also go towards your total. Suh could easily have the most first place votes and not win.