Latest Heisman projections from StiffArmTrophy.com

Nexus

StiffArmTrophy is a great website, but their lack of updates today is disappointing. Today and tomorrow should be the biggest days of the year for their site. They should be tallying votes and updating once an hour at the very least, I would think. Yet there's only been one update today.

Agreed

Assuming its legit...

Suh 20 1st place votes

Gerheart 8 1st place votes

McCoy 7 1st place votes

Ingram 3 1st place votes

Tebow 3 1st place votes

That's not the problem. The problem is that Gerhart is pretty much everyone's #2, while Suh is either getting first place votes or really no votes.

Gerhart has has 15 #2 & #3 votes. Suh has 8. That's where he'll lose it.

But Suh still has more votes. If he continues to receive and in the end receives more votes, the difference between 2's and 3's won't matter.

I might not understanding what you are saying . . . but the number of first place votes isn't all that matters. I believe that the second and third place votes also go towards your total. Suh could easily have the most first place votes and not win.

I was stating that as long as he has more votes, not just #1 votes, that he will win. That is exactly the case now. I think we're on the same page just stating it differently. I'm well aware that a person can lose and have more votes 1st place votes than anybody else. It's the total number of votes that are key. As long as he continues to receive votes, as he is currently doing, he'll do just fine. GBR and GO SUH!!!

(apologies on the typo. "understanding." wow.)

That's why I was wondering if I was reading what you were saying correctly. I'm worried Suh will end up with the most 1st place votes and not win. That would be a shame. Looks like he will be going to NY either way.

Assuming its legit...

Suh 20 1st place votes

Gerheart 8 1st place votes

McCoy 7 1st place votes

Ingram 3 1st place votes

Tebow 3 1st place votes

That's not the problem. The problem is that Gerhart is pretty much everyone's #2, while Suh is either getting first place votes or really no votes.

Gerhart has has 15 #2 & #3 votes. Suh has 8. That's where he'll lose it.

But Suh still has more votes. If he continues to receive and in the end receives more votes, the difference between 2's and 3's won't matter.

I might not understanding what you are saying . . . but the number of first place votes isn't all that matters. I believe that the second and third place votes also go towards your total. Suh could easily have the most first place votes and not win.

I was stating that as long as he has more votes, not just #1 votes, that he will win. That is exactly the case now. I think we're on the same page just stating it differently. I'm well aware that a person can lose and have more votes 1st place votes than anybody else. It's the total number of votes that are key. As long as he continues to receive votes, as he is currently doing, he'll do just fine. GBR and GO SUH!!!

((with our winning vote projection off by an average of only 1.8%. ))

Last updated: 12/7/2009, 9:49 a.m. Pacific. 79 ballots, 202 votes.

name first second third ballots points Projected Proj%

N Suh 29 10 9 48 116 1071 38.6%

T Gerhart 16 14 14 44 90 1066 38.4%

M Ingram 12 16 12 40 80 1024 36.9%

C McCoy 13 12 11 36 74 963 34.7%

Boy that 1.8% margin of errror is really going to make this interesting if it stays this close....we just need more voters to put him on there ballots here on out.

That's why I was wondering if I was reading what you were saying correctly. I'm worried Suh will end up with the most 1st place votes and not win. That would be a shame. Looks like he will be going to NY either way.

Isn't that what transpired last year when Bradford won the Heisman? Didn't Tebow have more 1st place votes but was the runner-up?

Isn't that what transpired last year when Bradford won the Heisman? Didn't Tebow have more 1st place votes but was the runner-up?

I think Tebow might have had the most 1st place votes but he ended up 3rd overall . . . unless I am mistaken.

BTW, that ESPN Heisman fan poll that closed on the 4th with Suh winning it is listed as TheHeismanVote.com FAN vote. You'll notice it in the link above. Good job Husker Nation!

Yeah, I just saw that. Sorry if I posted that as a separate vote and further added to the confusion. Thanks for clarifying.