Grassroots movment to boycott the national tital game.

You should believe it because it’s true. What did you have 20-30 topic complaining about the officials.

And about the fans, I guess I just expect more from the self-appointed "greatest fans in college football". But then again, its easy to look good when the living is good. You should know knapplc, you get to see people every day in your line of work when peoples true colors show. Things are not always golden and thats when a person, or in this case, fanbase, really shows who they are.

And by the way i dont expect every fan to be great, but if your going to always talk about how great you are, wouldnt you think some would expect it. So many threads about how 'poor' other teams fans are. maybe a couple about your own are due.

just a thought...

You're being incredibly myopic. There have been a minimum of a dozen threads about the poor behavior of our fans this year on this board. There have been dozens of posters, myself included, chastising our fans for acting like asshats. Choosing to ignore that is beneath you.

If you're going to pretend that the behavior on Tiger Board is better than here in these circumstances (last season's endgame comes to mind) then we're done. The spate of childishness meltdowns that overtook that board for a month overshadows this by miles. The behavior of Tiger Fan this season when we played overshadows this by miles.

Your expectations of prim and proper behavior by fans of a team who just lost a conference championship by one second against a heavily favored opponent within 48 hours of that loss are unrealistic in the extreme. There hasn't been a fan base in the history of organized sport that would take a loss like this without some angst. Get over yourself.

Wow. Fan base smack down by knapplc. I agree. I'm guilty of letting my emotions get the best of me after a terrible loss, but I also have been known to buy beers for the fans of the winning team and sit and talk football with them. Go to hornfans.com and read their take on NU fans. Even after an excruciating loss like saturday they still say that we are the best fans in the sport. They acknowledge the existence of a few bad apples, but they say that overall it is not even close. Those comments have been pouring in about Nebraska for decades.

i dont have an issue with it. NFL network against a crappy 6-6 Minnisota team. Or ESPN against a Navy team that will probably be 9-4.

I will take the bowl we got.

Ha ha...the Texas Bowl, Fro Daddy...the TEX-ASS Bowl!!! You know why the Clones are headed to the Insight Bowl while the Tiggers are going to the TEJAS Bowl??? Why...because we got cars that run. By the time you all down in Missouri got your cars down off their blocks in the front yard and got them driveable and made the trip to Phoenix along with Ma and Pa Joad, the game would be over! The bowl selection committee were just looking out for your fan base when they chose to honor you with a spot in the illustrious TEX RITTER AS Bowl....its a lot closer for you to walk when your jalopies break down.

I live in Austin and know for a fact that it would be a small minority of fans who pulled for us in the NCG if the roles were reversed.

And BernOrange's statement about pulling for the Big 12 South teams is BS too...take out OU, A&M, and Tech for sure (not that anyone besides OU or Texas will scare a NC anyways)

i dont have an issue with it. NFL network against a crappy 6-6 Minnisota team. Or ESPN against a Navy team that will probably be 9-4.

Ha ha...the Texas Bowl, Fro Daddy...the TEX-ASS Bowl!!! You know why the Clones are headed to the Insight Bowl while the Tiggers are going to the TEJAS Bowl??? Why...because we got cars that run. By the time you all down in Missouri got your cars down off their blocks in the front yard and got them driveable and made the trip to Phoenix along with Ma and Pa Joad, the game would be over! The bowl selection committee were just looking out for your fan base when they chose to honor you with a spot in the illustrious TEX RITTER AS Bowl....its a lot closer for you to walk when your jalopies break down.

:laughpound CYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :nutz

well cy we cant all go 6-6 and average 45K fans for our home games. I am just sure throngs of people will be gathering for a bowl game that includes two teams that each have 6 wins. Cant wait!!

By the way i will be seeing many of your 'running cars' as they drive to things call 'CITIES' in Missouri and get on those big metal tube things that fly called 'planes'. maybe one day you can hitch a ride with ol' man Withers down to the town square and catch one of those fancy trains so you can ride the rails to a place with indoor plumbing. Now thats living for an iowa boy

You should believe it because it’s true. What did you have 20-30 topic complaining about the officials.

And about the fans, I guess I just expect more from the self-appointed "greatest fans in college football". But then again, its easy to look good when the living is good. You should know knapplc, you get to see people every day in your line of work when peoples true colors show. Things are not always golden and thats when a person, or in this case, fanbase, really shows who they are.

And by the way i dont expect every fan to be great, but if your going to always talk about how great you are, wouldnt you think some would expect it. So many threads about how 'poor' other teams fans are. maybe a couple about your own are due.

just a thought...

You're being incredibly myopic. There have been a minimum of a dozen threads about the poor behavior of our fans this year on this board. There have been dozens of posters, myself included, chastising our fans for acting like asshats. Choosing to ignore that is beneath you.

If you're going to pretend that the behavior on Tiger Board is better than here in these circumstances (last season's endgame comes to mind) then we're done. The spate of childishness meltdowns that overtook that board for a month overshadows this by miles. The behavior of Tiger Fan this season when we played overshadows this by miles.

Your expectations of prim and proper behavior by fans of a team who just lost a conference championship by one second against a heavily favored opponent within 48 hours of that loss are unrealistic in the extreme. There hasn't been a fan base in the history of organized sport that would take a loss like this without some angst. Get over yourself.

so you get to act like an "asshat" win or lose. Got it. Never said any one had to be perfect. Infact had my name and sig line been different more more would have been said. Whole lotta crybabing going on. I would think that although dissapointed in the final outcome that given the situation you should be happy with your season. Never said you cant be disapointed. just to quit the crying. And i was talking specifically about crying about the refs. There are easily close to 100 threads blaming refs going back all season long.

getting over ones self would do you and others alot of good

We don't have to blame anyone but ourselves for this loss.

106 yards of offense. That is why we lost this game.

First and goal from the 10 yard line, three points scored.

Six first downs.

Stop blaming the BCS or the officials. It starts and ends with us. We have enough integrity for that, don't we?

100% agree. I am rooting for Texas in the NC game. When did we become such sore losers as a fan base? If the roles were reversed, who would the majority of Texas fans be rooting for?

I, as a Texas Longhorn fan, would be cheering for Nebraska without hesitation or reservation...

mG

all of husker nation. i call for us to all boycott the game. the bcs picked it and we all need to send a message.

please stand with me husker nation

All I can say is that ou blames everything on the refs and never really look at the entire game and the mistakes and missed opportunities. This boycott reminds me of that mentality. I've always thought NU fans were the opposite of this and are classy as well as give props to the other teams. NU deserved to be in that game, they proved it and considering they had no offense, they almost pulled it off. They played a near perfect game and if it wasn't for the 2 mistakes in the final TEXAS possession (kickoff and horse collar), you'd have won the game. The 1 second thing was not a conspiracy. If you listen to National sportsradio shows (Rome, etc) - they are all saying that there was a second left. It sucks - I know - it happened to us last year at TT. NU should walk with their heads high - I feel NU is back and I will be rooting for you in your bowl game.

~v~

so you get to act like an "asshat" win or lose. Got it. Never said any one had to be perfect. Infact had my name and sig line been different more more would have been said. Whole lotta crybabing going on. I would think that although dissapointed in the final outcome that given the situation you should be happy with your season. Never said you cant be disapointed. just to quit the crying. And i was talking specifically about crying about the refs. There are easily close to 100 threads blaming refs going back all season long.

And this is the part where I ask you to kindly show me where I've "cried" about the refs.

At this point, the person making the biggest ass of themselves here is you. You're demanding politeness out of a fan base who just lost a close, hard-fought game on a controversial call, where the referees had to liberally interpret a rule to allow a review. There isn't a fan base in this country, on this planet, in any sport, that wouldn't take issue with that. But you expect Nebraska fans to sit idly by and ignore those circumstances?

I get that you have a really good view of this situation, sitting there in your glass house. But these stones you're throwing... not wise.

I have a feeling that this is the kind of situation that you will either regret in a week or that will burn bridges for you here. You've always been a pretty good egg in my book, Fro. This is not your finest hour.

All I can say is that ou blames everything on the refs and never really look at the entire game and the mistakes and missed opportunities. This boycott reminds me of that mentality. I've always thought NU fans were the opposite of this and are classy as well as give props to the other teams. NU deserved to be in that game, they proved it and considering they had no offense, they almost pulled it off. They played a near perfect game and if it wasn't for the 2 mistakes in the final TEXAS possession (kickoff and horse collar), you'd have won the game. The 1 second thing was not a conspiracy. If you listen to National sportsradio shows (Rome, etc) - they are all saying that there was a second left. It sucks - I know - it happened to us last year at TT. NU should walk with their heads high - I feel NU is back and I will be rooting for you in your bowl game.

~v~

Please note that it's a tiny minority of fans who are going off on this, and that the majority of us, while unhappy about the rule interpretation, feel that the VAST majority of blame for this loss rests squarely on the shoulders of our offense.

And this is the part where I ask you to kindly show me where I've "cried" about the refs.

At this point, the person making the biggest ass of themselves here is you. You're demanding politeness out of a fan base who just lost a close, hard-fought game on a controversial call, where the referees had to liberally interpret a rule to allow a review. There isn't a fan base in this country, on this planet, in any sport, that wouldn't take issue with that. But you expect Nebraska fans to sit idly by and ignore those circumstances?

I get that you have a really good view of this situation, sitting there in your glass house. But these stones you're throwing... not wise.

I have a feeling that this is the kind of situation that you will either regret in a week or that will burn bridges for you here. You've always been a pretty good egg in my book, Fro. This is not your finest hour.

I wasnt coming at you buddy. Just had my fill, probably the same as you. heard alot of things the last few days, not all if it from here. And there are alot of good guys on here. I just think that there are a few that have grown under my skin and it makes it a little easier to make 'that' jump.

no excuse, just maybe not the best well thought out post i have ever had...

I wasnt coming at you buddy. Just had my fill, probably the same as you. heard alot of things the last few days, not all if it from here. And there are alot of good guys on here. I just think that there are a few that have grown under my skin and it makes it a little easier to make 'that' jump.

no excuse, just maybe not the best well thought out post i have ever had...

No problem. There are a lot of us Husker fans who are upset about the griping, too. We've been self-policing the people here, but we can't contain all the asshattery out there.