Grassroots movment to boycott the national tital game.

What a foolish boycott. I'm sticking with the Big 12 and hoping Texas kicks 'Bama's Butt !! Alabama didn't exactly light up Auburn now, did they ? They pulled three close games out of their hineys. Texas wasn't pressured all year until a aTm team they looked past, and an awesome Husker defense that got no help from Shawn and Barney. Come on Husker fans, show some class.

I wasnt coming at you buddy. Just had my fill, probably the same as you. heard alot of things the last few days, not all if it from here. And there are alot of good guys on here. I just think that there are a few that have grown under my skin and it makes it a little easier to make 'that' jump.

no excuse, just maybe not the best well thought out post i have ever had...

No problem. There are a lot of us Husker fans who are upset about the griping, too. We've been self-policing the people here, but we can't contain all the asshattery out there.

trust me, as a MU fan i know all about "asshattery". Tiger Tim, anyone???? :lol::facepalm:

i dont have an issue with it. NFL network against a crappy 6-6 Minnisota team. Or ESPN against a Navy team that will probably be 9-4.

I will take the bowl we got.

Ha ha...the Texas Bowl, Fro Daddy...the TEX-ASS Bowl!!! You know why the Clones are headed to the Insight Bowl while the Tiggers are going to the TEJAS Bowl??? Why...because we got cars that run. By the time you all down in Missouri got your cars down off their blocks in the front yard and got them driveable and made the trip to Phoenix along with Ma and Pa Joad, the game would be over! The bowl selection committee were just looking out for your fan base when they chose to honor you with a spot in the illustrious TEX RITTER AS Bowl....its a lot closer for you to walk when your jalopies break down.

well cy we cant all go 6-6 and average 45K fans for our home games. I am just sure throngs of people will be gathering for a bowl game that includes two teams that each have 6 wins. Cant wait!!

By the way i will be seeing many of your 'running cars' as they drive to things call 'CITIES' in Missouri and get on those big metal tube things that fly called 'planes'. maybe one day you can hitch a ride with ol' man Withers down to the town square and catch one of those fancy trains so you can ride the rails to a place with indoor plumbing. Now thats living for an iowa boy

Oh Fro Daddy...you're a good guy no matter what they say about you :lol:

i dont have an issue with it. NFL network against a crappy 6-6 Minnisota team. Or ESPN against a Navy team that will probably be 9-4.

Ha ha...the Texas Bowl, Fro Daddy...the TEX-ASS Bowl!!! You know why the Clones are headed to the Insight Bowl while the Tiggers are going to the TEJAS Bowl??? Why...because we got cars that run. By the time you all down in Missouri got your cars down off their blocks in the front yard and got them driveable and made the trip to Phoenix along with Ma and Pa Joad, the game would be over! The bowl selection committee were just looking out for your fan base when they chose to honor you with a spot in the illustrious TEX RITTER AS Bowl....its a lot closer for you to walk when your jalopies break down.

well cy we cant all go 6-6 and average 45K fans for our home games. I am just sure throngs of people will be gathering for a bowl game that includes two teams that each have 6 wins. Cant wait!!

By the way i will be seeing many of your 'running cars' as they drive to things call 'CITIES' in Missouri and get on those big metal tube things that fly called 'planes'. maybe one day you can hitch a ride with ol' man Withers down to the town square and catch one of those fancy trains so you can ride the rails to a place with indoor plumbing. Now thats living for an iowa boy

:lol::thumbs

...and as a supporter of another school in addition to the Huskers (as I am) doesn't it seem a bit hilarious about how lots of people are blowing this season so out of proportion..."Lee Sucks..." "The refs cheated us..." "Cotton has to go..." "Our offense blows..." "Watson should be shot..." Don't these people remember 2007, two short years ago, when there was nothing but disaster? Losing record...no bowl game...no ranking...tied for freakin LAST in the North? Now, just two years later, where are they? Nine wins, ranked in the top 25, going to the Holiday Bowl (Holiday Bowl > Texas Bowl by the way) winner of the Big 12 North...I mean, come on! How many blessings does a team have to have before the fans are satisfied? Sure, they lost 4 games but every team they lost to is headed to a bowl of some sort and three of the four are ranked teams...You would think by reading a lot of these comments that the Huskers were reliving the Callahan years or something. Jeez...how many other teams have come from total crap to playing for the Big 12 Championship in just 2 years?

Long term memory loss I guess...must be catching from all the blue-hairs at Memorial

...and as a supporter of another school in addition to the Huskers (as I am) doesn't it seem a bit hilarious about how lots of people are blowing this season so out of proportion..."Lee Sucks..." "The refs cheated us..." "Cotton has to go..." "Our offense blows..." "Watson should be shot..." Don't these people remember 2007, two short years ago, when there was nothing but disaster? Losing record...no bowl game...no ranking...tied for freakin LAST in the North? Now, just two years later, where are they? Nine wins, ranked in the top 25, going to the Holiday Bowl (Holiday Bowl > Texas Bowl by the way) winner of the Big 12 North...I mean, come on! How many blessings does a team have to have before the fans are satisfied? Sure, they lost 4 games but every team they lost to is headed to a bowl of some sort and three of the four are ranked teams...You would think by reading a lot of these comments that the Huskers were reliving the Callahan years or something. Jeez...how many other teams have come from total crap to playing for the Big 12 Championship in just 2 years?

Long term memory loss I guess...must be catching from all the blue-hairs at Memorial

We won't be happy until we are national champions again. It's the nature of the beast in Lincoln. I think Bo feels the same way so at least we are in good company.

We won't be happy until we are national champions again. It's the nature of the beast in Lincoln. I think Bo feels the same way so at least we are in good company.

Well then, think of it this way

Year One: Winning Record

Year Two: Big 12 North Champs

Year Three: Big 12 Champs

Year Four: National Champs

Baby steps dude...baby steps ;)

all of husker nation. i call for us to all boycott the game. the bcs picked it and we all need to send a message.

please stand with me husker nation

Network Television Executive: "They're going to boycott the game in Nebraska"

Advertising Executive: "What's Nebraska?"

Dude, at least our A.D. wasn't crying to the Big XII Commissioner about Iowa St. getting a better bowl game. :box

I live in Austin and know for a fact that it would be a small minority of fans who pulled for us in the NCG if the roles were reversed.

And BernOrange's statement about pulling for the Big 12 South teams is BS too...take out OU, A&M, and Tech for sure (not that anyone besides OU or Texas will scare a NC anyways)

Hey Guys from a Longhorn Alum, it was difficult, but I rooted for Oklahoma last year. I didn't think I could do it, but hey I've had to admit Stoops knows how to come back from adversity and he schedules a tougher non conference schedule than we do (they had TCU Washington and Cincinnati last year). I wasn't a Horn who complained when so many of my friends said we got hosed last year. I hated to admit it but the way Sooners demolished Texas Tech and we lost to them, and on the strength of their schedule I thought they were more deserving then we were even though we beat them....and yes, I was there rooting for you when you were playing Va Tech early this season. That was painful to watch.....I think a lot of us here in Austin have a special respect for Nebraska. And some of you can say you don't like us in the Big 12 and I can understand. I went to UT in the 70's and loved the fact that if you wanted to, you could travel to almost every away game in the SWC. I am sorry the SWC imploded.......

If you really want to boycott something, I would suggest we all boycott one weekend's games early next September, lets say September 12 (you are playing Arkansas State) and it looks like we have Wyoming here. I would love to send a message to our schools that they need to do something about a playoff. I hate it that TCU and Bosie are playing each other. Maybe thats because Utah cleaned out Alabama last year.....

Couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to have the right perspective.

We had a 'Watson should be shot thread? Must have missed that one... <_<

Couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to have the right perspective.

We had a 'Watson should be shot thread? Must have missed that one... <_<