Time to think rationally about the BCS game

Guys, believe me I am as upset as everyone else that we lost that game. You can blame the officials if you'd like, I personally am blaming a terrible mistake on a kickoff that has never been made before Saturday night by that player.

My point is this, we all should be rooting for Texas in the NC game. Here are my reasons why:

1. The most obvious would be that we took the undefeated National Champion down to the last second (some would say extra second). That speaks volumes in recruiting for next season and in momentum for the program.

2. Our preseason ranking, considering schedule and what the rest of the Big 12 are going to be will be boosted by that fact. If we can start off as Top 10-15 we have a shot at it.

3. When we play Texas next year, they will be the defending National Champion which will carry some weight with voters. Not knowing, obviously, what the landscape will be like next season this could be utterly important.

4. It will give the Big 12 legitimacy and strengthen our schedule in many people's eyes. If you haven't looked at next year's schedule, it is going to need strengthening.

5. WE ALL HATE THE SEC AND DON'T WANT THEM TO WIN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP!

Now that is just my opinion, wanted to see who all agreed with me.....

We don't need Texas to win anything. If NU wins games next year, it controls its own destiny. It's that simple.

Texas has NO chance against Alabama. The UT offensive line is about to get embarassed once again.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't say they have NO chance, that is ridiculous. Remember in 1995 when everybody but NU fans said that we had NO chance against Florida? How about 2005 UT vs USC, the ESPN-proclaimed greatest team ever before the bowls started?

We don't need Texas to win anything. If NU wins games next year, it controls its own destiny. It's that simple.

Texas has NO chance against Alabama. The UT offensive line is about to get embarassed once again.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't say they have NO chance, that is ridiculous. Remember in 1995 when everybody but NU fans said that we had NO chance against Florida? How about 2005 UT vs USC, the ESPN-proclaimed greatest team ever before the bowls started?

Kansas has a better offensive line than Texas.

I have no problem rooting for Texas. Here's who I'll be pulling for in these games (in bold):

Independence Bowl

Texas A&M vs. Georgia

Holiday Bowl

Nebraska vs. Arizona

Sun Bowl

Oklahoma vs. Stanford

Texas Bowl

Missouri vs. Navy

Insight.com Bowl

Minnesota vs. Iowa State

Cotton Bowl

Oklahoma St. vs. Mississippi

Alamo Bowl

Michigan St. vs. Texas Tech

BCS Mythical National Championship Game

Alabama vs. Texas

Personal opinion - I hope we sweep all eight bowl games. My team looks like crap if it plays in a weak conference. My team looks much better if it plays in a strong conference. Conference strength perception is based in part on post-season wins. Rooting for Big XII teams in their bowl games is purely self-serving.

I have no trouble rooting for the rest of the big 12 but I never want texass to win. They have too much clout in our conference and always want them taken down a notch. We've shown we can compete with them. Recruiting will take care of itself. Roll Tide and shut mack brown and his whiney ass up.

Guys, believe me I am as upset as everyone else that we lost that game. You can blame the officials if you'd like, I personally am blaming a terrible mistake on a kickoff that has never been made before Saturday night by that player.

My point is this, we all should be rooting for Texas in the NC game. Here are my reasons why:

1. The most obvious would be that we took the undefeated National Champion down to the last second (some would say extra second). That speaks volumes in recruiting for next season and in momentum for the program.

2. Our preseason ranking, considering schedule and what the rest of the Big 12 are going to be will be boosted by that fact. If we can start off as Top 10-15 we have a shot at it.

3. When we play Texas next year, they will be the defending National Champion which will carry some weight with voters. Not knowing, obviously, what the landscape will be like next season this could be utterly important.

4. It will give the Big 12 legitimacy and strengthen our schedule in many people's eyes. If you haven't looked at next year's schedule, it is going to need strengthening.

5. WE ALL HATE THE SEC AND DON'T WANT THEM TO WIN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP!

Now that is just my opinion, wanted to see who all agreed with me.....

Adi Kunnalic's bears far less blame than the horrible officiating all game long, the conservative and dipsh*t playcalling and game decisions by Shawn Watson, the dropped passes by the receivers, the lack of muscle and heart on the offensive line and the poor decisions made by Zac Lee.

All that being said.

ROLL TIDE! They aren't Florida

Here's my picks.

Independence Bowl

Texas A&M vs. Georgia

Holiday Bowl

Nebraska vs. Arizona

Sun Bowl

Oklahoma vs. Stanford

Texas Bowl

Missouri vs. Navy

Insight.com Bowl

Minnesota vs. Iowa State

Cotton Bowl

Alamo Bowl

Alabama vs. Texas (Undecided)

I cannot root for Texas Tech. I wish I could, but that loss really frustrated me this year. Plus Leach drives me nuts (fat little girlfriends, anyone?).

I cannot decide about the NC game either. On one hand, I totally understand the Big 12 argument and strength of schedule. On the other hand, I honestly think that Texas is going to get blown away - whether I wish good vibes to them or not.

Independence Bowl - DON'T CARE

Holiday Bowl - SKERS!!!!!

Sun Bowl - Stanford by 4 TDs

Texas Bowl - NAVY gonna beat that sh#t up

Insight.whocares.i.cantbelievewelosttoISU.com

Cotton... wait, what?

Alamo Bowl - don't care, just hope it's a shootout

BCS - Alabama doesn't need my help

That's your bowl season in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to Boise vs TCU, and the Holiday Bowl and that's literally it.

Kansas has a better offensive line than Texas.

Not if the ref's don't call chop blocks :)

I have no problem rooting for Texas. Here's who I'll be pulling for in these games (in bold):

Independence Bowl

Texas A&M vs. Georgia

Holiday Bowl

Nebraska vs. Arizona

Sun Bowl

Oklahoma vs. Stanford

Texas Bowl

Missouri vs. Navy

Insight.com Bowl

Minnesota vs. Iowa State

Cotton Bowl

Alamo Bowl

Alabama vs. Texas

Personal opinion - I hope we sweep all eight bowl games. My team looks like crap if it plays in a weak conference. My team looks much better if it plays in a strong conference. Conference strength perception is based in part on post-season wins. Rooting for Big XII teams in their bowl games is purely self-serving.

My thoughts precisely.

The bottom line is the bowls are the real deal "put up" or "shut up" time for all major cfb conferences. The BigXII doing well in the bowls helps NU in national respect.

They have no shot. This is like 2001 Miami vs Nebraska. Colt McCoy isn't Vince Young.

Independence Bowl

Texas A&M vs. Georgia

Holiday Bowl

Nebraska vs. Arizona

Sun Bowl

Oklahoma vs. Stanford

Texas Bowl

Missouri vs. Navy

Insight.com Bowl

Minnesota vs. Iowa State

Cotton Bowl

Alamo Bowl

Alabama vs. Texas

YUP

Texas never seems to try and get the running game going and never did against Nebraska. I don't have any reason to believe that they will get a consistent running game going against Alabama and if you don't think Saban can gameplan against a one dimensional offense, well, I don't know what to tell you.

GO ALABAMA!!!!