Clock Conspiracy? Remember the 1994 Orangebowl?

There are some differences in the two situations. First, there were three seconds on the clock when Bell caught that pass and went down, yet they only put one second back on the clock.

Second, replay is not allowed to make a ruling here. It's only allowed to correct "an egregious error" in clock management. Considering that one, two or three seconds drifted off the clock on every single pass play throughout the game, ticking off that one second, as it had been done all game long, probably isn't egregious.

Having said that, bottom line is, we lost that game because our offense is inept. It wasn't the refs and it wasn't that one second. We could have put this game out of Texas' reach at any time by scoring a TD, by being able to move the ball, by being even remotely competent on offense.

That's the bottom line, and that's what the majority of us feel. The 00:01 is a talking point. It's not the reason we lost, and most rational fans know that. Please don't judge us by the vocal, irrational minority.

The whining about the clock conspiracy is getting sad. Nebraska fans are better than that, especially considering that they were given 1 second back on the clock in the 1994 Orangebowl.

Nebraska has 1 second put on clock in 1994 Orangebowl

~v~

Bury, I enjoy hearing your perspective and the perspective of other non-Husker fans on this board when it comes to analysis of games, players, etc. But why criticize us? You won and get to go to the National Championship. Why does our fans' heartache (and conspiracy theories that go along with it), really bother you enough to post a whole topic about it?

You choose to join and post on another team's website. Another team that is fresh off a very upsetting and close game. There are a ton of people on this forum that have congratulated you, wished you luck, encouraged others to root for your team in the NC, and have expressed the "clock issue" is utter nonsense. Why is whatever point you're trying to make so important? You already won. Just leave it alone and bask in your glory.

The whining about the clock conspiracy is getting sad. Nebraska fans are better than that, especially considering that they were given 1 second back on the clock in the 1994 Orangebowl.

~v~

Bury, I enjoy hearing your perspective and the perspective of other non-Husker fans on this board when it comes to analysis of games, players, etc. But why criticize us? You won and get to go to the National Championship. Why does our fans' heartache (and conspiracy theories that go along with it), really bother you enough to post a whole topic about it?

You choose to join and post on another team's website. Another team that is fresh off a very upsetting and close game. There are a ton of people on this forum that have congratulated you, wished you luck, encouraged others to root for your team in the NC, and have expressed the "clock issue" is utter nonsense. Why is whatever point you're trying to make so important? You already won. Just leave it alone and bask in your glory.

This was only meant for people still whining about it. No disrespect meant for all others. On some TEXAS boards, we have a few so-called NU fans that are posting non-stop about the conspiracy. Most good teams have been on both sides of these games, weird officiating calls, etc. The Huskers will be a force if they can get some offense.

~v~

What Knap said regarding the clock. Personally, I think it's bogus that they added the second back on but the reason Nebraska lost the game is because we have no offense whatsoever.

What I find interesting is that you bring up these issues of class when your user name is "bury switzer." Seems a bit hypocritical. To paraphrase you and apply it to your own team: UT fans should be better than that.

(Additionally, I don't exactly remember for sure . . . but I'm guessing that UT fans didn't complain much last year about the tie breaker that gave OU the Big 12 South Championship, correct? That particular topic certainly didn't dominate your message boards, right? That was a pretty cut and dried situation (probably more so than Saturday's debacle) and I'm sure UT fans handled it with stoic class.)

~v~

This was only meant for people still whining about it. No disrespect meant for all others. On some TEXAS boards, we have a few so-called NU fans that are posting non-stop about the conspiracy. Most good teams have been on both sides of these games, weird officiating calls, etc. The Huskers will be a force if they can get some offense.

~v~

Ignore them. UT is going to the NC. Who the heck cares about some little kids complaining or crying foul? None of it affects your team, your chances, or your victory. It was already decided on the field so no need to respond. The "W" says it all, doesn't it?

OP, congrats on the Big XII Championship*.

The irony in Texas fans telling people to quit whining is a thing of beauty...Last year, I could've sworn that I heard "by 10 points on a neutral field" enough to make me want to club a baby seal. Maybe we should hire someone to fly a banner over the Rose Bowl that says 60:01 <_<

Gimme a break, guy. Roll Tide!!

I think the most blatantly wrong call in the game was on the Prince pass interference. I know there was some pushing, but the ball was completely uncatchable. The officials should have picked up the flag. That kept a drive alive and put them in FG range.

On the last pass from McCoy: I watched the DVR of it several times. Assuming ABC's clock was right (I believe it was), the ball hits the ground at roughly 0:00.8. The whistle is blown around 0:00.2. I don't have a problem with them putting the second back on, but I think a decent argument can be made that the clock never ever ever stops within two tenths of a second after the whistle blows. This even counts end of the game plays. In the Miami-FSU game, there was over a full second when the incomplete ball hit the ground. It was allowed to run off and no booth challenge was issued. Consistency matters, and I think it's silly to think the refs should only care about the details in the last minute of the championship game.

Im pretty sure that the only reason a second was added was so we didnt have to hear mac crying again talking to reporters after the game kinda like last years a&m game, pretty sure I saw his eyes watering as he held that finger up begging for a second to be put back on. I personally had a figer pointed right back at him.

And an interesting side note.... do you think your head queer, i mean hearder of steers is still begging for a playoff now that he whornes are in the NCG..... its just being on both sides of the ball so I would drop this conversation, go post it on the longhorns message board, complain about our hickness or how all we do is harvest corn, granted a longhorn isnt any more superior than a cornhusker, sorry we dont have the numerous boosters throwing money towards the program (or officials), instead all our accomplishments have been built of tradition and hard work, but dont bother us over here with that sh#t. We were respectful and gave you props now dont beat a dead cow.... thats our job on our board.

one last thing :espnsucks: