2 BIG TIME JUCO COMMITS?

Jeff Sims earned his B.S.E. in physical education from Baker University in Kansas in 1995, and his M.L.A. in management from Baker in 1998.

Assistant Coach, Maryville (MO) High School

Assistant Coach, Central Missouri State University

1997-98

Assistant Coach, Baker University (KS)

1999-2000

Passing Game/Recruiting Coordinator, Mount San Antonio College (CA)...coached QBs, WRs, and special teams

Head Coach, Pasadena (CA) High School

2002-2003

Head Coach/Assistant Athletic Director, Mesabi Range (MN) Community College

2 year record of 14-6, his 2003 team went 10-1, was ranked 14th in the NJCAA, and was the Northern Division champion, their first championship since 1988. The team finished first in the Minnesota Community College Conference in scoring offense (40.4), and led the NJCAA that year in rushing defense, passing defense, total defense, and scoring defense.

2004-2006

Co-Offensive Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator, Minnesota State-Mankato

Helped lead the Mavericks in 2004 to their best season (6-5) in 10 years, the best win improvement in NCAA Division II that season. He played a large part in Minnesota State-Mankato’s 2005 signing class, their largest in history. His offense scored 63 points against Oklahoma Panhandle State, the highest single-game point total in MSUM history.

Offensive Coordinator, Southern Arkansas State University

2007-2009

Head Coach, Fort Scott (KS) Community College

• Back-to-Back 9 Win Seasons

• #6 Final National Ranking

• 2008 Heart of Texas Bowl Championship

• 1st Bowl Championship Victory since 1970 (Fort Scott 30, Blinn 14)

• 2nd Place in Conference, Back to Back Years, 1st Time Since 1973

• Undefeated at Home, Back-to-Back, 4-0

• 8-0 Start in 2008, Best since 1973

• 1st win Over a Texas Community College in Texas, Twice in 2008

• FSCC 40 Kilgore 20, FSCC 30 Blinn 14

• 5 Shut-outs, 4 in a Row, 6.9pts Per Game in KJCCC

• 18 KJCCC All-Conference Selections

• 8 All-Americans, 5 Academic All-Americans

• FSCC Sophomores 18 Wins over 2 Seasons

• 32, 4-Year College Transfers

Husker Runner, thank you!!

Jeff Sims earned his B.S.E. in physical education from Baker University in Kansas in 1995, and his M.L.A. in management from Baker in 1998.

1997-98

1999-2000

Passing Game/Recruiting Coordinator, Mount San Antonio College (CA)...coached QBs, WRs, and special teams

2002-2003

2 year record of 14-6, his 2003 team went 10-1, was ranked 14th in the NJCAA, and was the Northern Division champion, their first championship since 1988. The team finished first in the Minnesota Community College Conference in scoring offense (40.4), and led the NJCAA that year in rushing defense, passing defense, total defense, and scoring defense.

2004-2006

Helped lead the Mavericks in 2004 to their best season (6-5) in 10 years, the best win improvement in NCAA Division II that season. He played a large part in Minnesota State-Mankato’s 2005 signing class, their largest in history. His offense scored 63 points against Oklahoma Panhandle State, the highest single-game point total in MSUM history.

2007-2009

Wow this is soooooo impressive! :sarcasm I guess the "what have you done for me lately" mindset has gone to a whole new level if this guy is the savior of NUs offense. <_<

I posted in another thread that it looks like he runs the exact type of offense that we were running toward the end of this year. I formation power running game. Could it be a coincidence? I have no idea, but from watching Hardricks vids thats what it looks like he runs. Whatever he runs I just hope that if we get him he has a set offense he has in mind and recruits players for that offense instead of recruiting players then changing offenses to fit them.

1997-98

1999-2000

2002-2003

2004-2006

2007-2009

most of the stats on there sound like they have to do with defense.

Carl Pelini was with him for a year at Minnesota State in 2004.

And Jamrog was the HC. Interesting.

Off topic, but I had no idea about this. I'm at MnSU now for grad school, and now I'm totally geeking out over this. My wife and I get crap about being Husker fans all the time here, so it's nice to know there's a Husker connection here. What a small world.

I know, cool story bro.

</end OT blabbing>

1997-98

1999-2000

2002-2003

2004-2006

2007-2009

most of the stats on there sound like they have to do with defense.

Not sure which resume you are reading, but he has an offensive background. Look at my highlighting.

If this is truly the direction we are going then I really like this hire. Pelini has shown that he has an eye for coaching talent, so the sky is the limit. And if you think about it, our biggest struggle the last bunch of years on offense has been developing guys quickly. Our offense has continually led to players who have not been able to contribute for 4 or 5 years. He had the number 1 Juco Offense one of his years, so what does that say? He is able to take guys who have 1-3 years experience at the most and execute a very potent offense. Granted it is in the Junior College ranks, but the way I see it everyone is dealing with roughly the same amount of talent, so it comes down to coaching whether your talking P-wee or the NFL.

GO BIG RED!

i wouldnt mind the hiring, but what would scare me is that is he a good recruiter at the d1 ranks?

Actually he is known as a great recruiter, that is one of his biggest assets IMO. He has to recruit to his JUCO now and a lot of those players are big time players that for one reason or another couldn't get into Florida, OU, USC, etc. I think that skill translates well no matter the level.