Tim Griffin

kshusker89

Vvhite_Rider (12/10/2009 at 7:52 PM)

Report Violation

Griffin is a Texas-loving hick. McCoy torched terrible defenses and got stuffed when he played against two good one. Great. This award should be Suh's, and look on the bright side people: McCoy is almost guaranteed not to win the Heisman, so Griffin's biased and ignorant vote is meaningless - it's just one less vote that Ingram or Gerhart get.

Bwahahahahah! The comments following the article are a scream. What an overflowing douchebag Timmy Griffin is.

:espnsucks:

let me discuss some of the more ridiculous portions of this article:

"I fear that some of my fellow voters and most fans across the country put too much importance on what happened in the most recent game. I don't think they considered the body of work for a season."

-really? so the fact that he had probably his worst game of the season in the biggest, most important game of the season (not to mention the fact that McCoy was absolutely dominated by a fellow Heisman candidate) has no impact on your vote? that makes a lot of sense.

-the fact that he wrote off 2 of McCoy's interceptions as being the fault of others.

***SNIP***

In addition, it should be noted that McCoy didn't have a stellar first half of the season. His early season games were certainly not up to Heisman quality by any stretch. So, if you judge by the entire season, then those who elected to not vote for McCoy actually met this moron's standards. He's the one that isn't following his own "rule".

In addition, it should be noted that McCoy didn't have a stellar first half of the season. His early season games were certainly not up to Heisman quality by any stretch. So, if you judge by the entire season, then those who elected to not vote for McCoy actually met this moron's standards. He's the one that isn't following his own "rule".

I tend to agree with this. The sudden and really surprising lovefest for Suh that came only after the Texas game (for MOST of these voters) shows nothing more than that Heisman voters are prone to emotional voting, rashness, late-season emphasis, and snap judgments. Nothing surprising.

Kudos to Griffin for wanting to think outside the box. Unfortunately he is just wrong here. He wants to think outside of the box just for the sake of doing so. A rebel without a cause. And so he convinces himself that Suh put up a "clunker" against Oklahoma - a game you KNOW he watched - because he had 4 tackles and no sacks. Sorry?! Suh was a monster in that game. Crick has a great year by feeding off of him, just as Steinkuhler did last year. Barry and Pierre both have had average, up-and-down years, and Barry isn't quite what he was before his injury. Suh is the real deal. Also, "9-4"? I thought he was trying to be DIFFERENT from Heisman voters. Since when is looking at the team record being different?

I can understand not voting Ingram or Gerhart, but McCoy got there for one reason only, his team is 13-0. You gotta respect that and I do respect McCoy, but aren't SEVERAL other team's 13-0, too?

Griffin really talked himself out of voting Suh there. Nonetheless I'm sure his heart is in the right place. His brain went somewhere else though.

"I don’t think it was McCoy’s fault that he was sacked nine times against Nebraska. Instead, it was most indicative of playing behind the weakest offensive line he's had during his career."

-really? QBs can't scramble or throw the ball away to avoid a sack? of course, Suh should get absolutely no credit for the sacks either.

Pretty sure the Texas Offensive line didn't like that very much, plus they seemed to be good enough all season until they met our front 4.

:facepalm: Perfect example why the Heisman committee needs to recall it's list of voters and hand them out to people who can make an intelligent thought out vote. They have voters listing one player when they are suppose to vote for three. Griffin and the other talking heads are not watching games they are looking at a stat sheet of QBs, RBs, & WRs.

I didn't read through this entire thread because I'm sure most of it is garbage, but I will say this.

I generally like Tim Griffin's takes, and obviously a lot of other people do since he is the Big 12 blog writer. Sometimes he says things we don't agree with, and sometimes he says the perfect things. A writer can't please everybody. Don't you think that Texas boards have a bunch of people posting articles about why Suh should get the Heisman, and they're finding ways to rip him and say McCoy should get it?

I didn't read through this entire thread because I'm sure most of it is garbage, but I will say this.

I generally like Tim Griffin's takes, and obviously a lot of other people do since he is the Big 12 blog writer. Sometimes he says things we don't agree with, and sometimes he says the perfect things. A writer can't please everybody. Don't you think that Texas boards have a bunch of people posting articles about why Suh should get the Heisman, and they're finding ways to rip him and say McCoy should get it?

Did you read Griffin's explanation for why he voted for McCoy? If so, can you in all good conscience defend his reasoning? If so, I'd like to hear how.

Did you read Griffin's explanation for why he voted for McCoy? If so, can you in all good conscience defend his reasoning? If so, I'd like to hear how.

seriously.