Playmaker

tmfr15

Our defense is championship caliber this year, yet even some not-outstanding teams were able to squeeze out a touchdown or two... The offense certainly hasn't been able to produce against defenses that are in the neighborhood of ours or even against some that were considerably worse. I don't think that this goes to one particular player or squad. I can't believe that our O line is SO bad that they can be blamed for everything. I've seen big holes....

There's something systemically broken with an offense that can't score points.

Absolutely. Nobody can tell me that a team like Connecticut, who played a tougher SOS than we did, has more/better playmakers on Offense than Nebraska. It's nearly impossible. Yet, UConn scored eight points more than Nebraska per game.

There is no way that's ONLY due to injuries on the O Line. No. Freaking. Way.

There is a problem on Offense that has to get fixed, and like RIGHT QUICK. If it's installing another system, firing coaches, or just beating sense into these kids, it doesn't matter. Whatever it is, it needs to be done soon, preferably before the Bowl or if not then, immediately after so we can get it hammered out in spring ball and then perfected in fall camp.

There'll be pitchfork & torch wielding mobs descending on Memorial Stadium if our offense has another year like this next year. It simply cannot happen again.

I also agree we are one playmaker away from being good and it's a QB. Also, that one playmaker at QB to make us good was never going to be Tyler Gabbert.

I don't care who the QB is, it could be Joe Montana, if the offensive line can't block for you, or open holes for the runners, the offense is going to suck. That is where this team is right now.

:yeah I think I hear a fat lady.... With the exception of a few long runs the RB's have gotten, most of the rushes end up in a big a** pile at the line of scrimmage where all our lineman end up because they don't drive their feet and get swamped at the POI.

I personally think the talent is already at Nebraska. Not to mention, the talent that is coming in the 2010 class. The oline's problems don't stem from a lack of ability but a lack of coaching ability.

I def. agree with knappl and redblooded. I think we have playmakers on the team already they just arent being put into positions to make plays. Niles Paul is a couple plays a game when they go deep to him but otherwise the players that could make plays for us either aren't getting thrown to or simply aren't playing. I have said a lot of times I think Bell could have made a huge impact this year whether that be through jet sweeps, jail break screens, reverses, whatever it takes to get him the ball in a creative way. The same goes for Mendoza. Mendoza only gets the ball when it's a sweep to the outside, if that doesn't work then he gets yanked and never comes back in. I agree the offensive line has to get a lot better and the qb play is down right horrible but nobody will convince me that we couldn't have run a few reverses or jet sweeps or even a halfback pass near the endzone against UT. Worst case is the reverse doesn't work but the backside has to respect a misdirection play, or the corners and safeties can just fly up to try to fill every time. The majority of my gripe is with the coaches.

I agree we're just one difference maker away from greatness.

An OC.

First thing I thought but you could add WR coach to go along with a Offensive line coach.

hold on here on Cotton, hes inheriting the few cali commits that stayed after his firing and those who werent Jucos. Cotton is bringing in some big prospects like Arod and Tyler Moore for next few years

don't forget about reeves, he should be pretty damn good as well. Add in Qvale, Sirles, and Ash and we have something special.

we could have all the talent in the world, but we need a coach to teach them technique. otherwise the line will always be poor.

Damn. I scroll the whole thread hoping no one beat me to it, and the last poster does. Ha. Props to you Husker Richard. I agree. I think we are one person away from an offense: Barney Cotton.

I also agree we are one playmaker away from being good and it's a QB. Also, that one playmaker at QB to make us good was never going to be Tyler Gabbert.

I don't care who the QB is, it could be Joe Montana, if the offensive line can't block for you, or open holes for the runners, the offense is going to suck. That is where this team is right now.

:yeah I think I hear a fat lady.... With the exception of a few long runs the RB's have gotten, most of the rushes end up in a big a** pile at the line of scrimmage where all our lineman end up because they don't drive their feet and get swamped at the POI.

:hellloooo:yeah:hellloooo