Mizzou leaving for the Big 10?

Mizzou's panties are in a bunch over ISU going to a better bowl than they are.

And Kansas going to the Orange Bowl 2 years ago.

But I seriously doubt they'd pick Mizzou over Rutgers when Rutgers brings the NY/NJ tv audience.

Why would the TV audience in NY care about Big 10 sports. Penn St would be relevant but everyone else? Makes no sense to me anyway :dunno

Why would the TV audience in NY care about Big 10 sports. Penn St would be relevant but everyone else? Makes no sense to me anyway :dunno

If Rutgers was in the Big 10, why would they not care about Big 10 sports? I thought that was a no-brainer?

people in NY/NJ dont care about Rutgers now. They barely paid attention during the 'dream season' a few years ago. College sports as a whole is an after thought there. And when people do care, Rutgers is the runt of that party.

If Rutgers was in the Big 10, why would they not care about Big 10 sports? I thought that was a no-brainer?

Always kind of thought of the Big 10 as "Midwest" along with the Big 12. Rutgers throws a little wrench geographically. Kind of like how Dallas is in the NFC East :) Know what you are getting at though knapp :thumbs

people in NY/NJ dont care about Rutgers now. They barely paid attention during the 'dream season' a few years ago. College sports as a whole is an after thought there. And when people do care, Rutgers is the runt of that party.

But the thought process is that Rutgers would bring that level of interest up. And when they had that dream season they played in front of a packed house most every game. I was one of the first to decry their bandwagon fans, but even bandwagon fans bring revenue to a school and conference. I'm not saying they're the best fit, it's just a possibility.

Speaking of possibilities, why isn't anyone mentioning Pittsburgh in this situation? I've read in a couple of places where Nebraska moving to the Big 10 is highly unlikely because our AD, Osborne, would never go for it, but if Pederson were still our AD it would be a possibility. Well, Stevie P is the AD over in Pitt, so why not them? They're a player in football, they're a player in basketball, they have a decently interested fan base, and they have decent tradition. What's not to like?

But the thought process is that Rutgers would bring that level of interest up. And when they had that dream season they played in front of a packed house most every game. I was one of the first to decry their bandwagon fans, but even bandwagon fans bring revenue to a school and conference. I'm not saying they're the best fit, it's just a possibility.

Speaking of possibilities, why isn't anyone mentioning Pittsburgh in this situation? I've read in a couple of places where Nebraska moving to the Big 10 is highly unlikely because our AD, Osborne, would never go for it, but if Pederson were still our AD it would be a possibility. Well, Stevie P is the AD over in Pitt, so why not them? They're a player in football, they're a player in basketball, they have a decently interested fan base, and they have decent tradition. What's not to like?

Pitt would be a good one also, the Big East seems like a conference w/o an identity anymore anyway.