Mizzou leaving for the Big 10?

If Missouri goes into the Big 10, can we bring TCU into the Big XII or somebody like that?

Why another Texas school? We have more than enough of them in the conference - why add another one? I would take Utah, BYU, or Boise State over another Texas school every day.

We cant add another texas school but no one fits geographically into the north. If we add TCU that gives the south 5 texas teams...and oklahoma. I dont think OU or anyone in the north would be going for that

After listening to unsportsmanlike conduct the last couple of days (not the entire show) and hearing guests and so-called experts, I really think Missouri, Notre Dame and Pitt make the most sense and will be the top 3 targets of the Big 10. They have Notre Dame before and ND is just fine being an independent. Right now, they control all, and it is a good situation for them.

MU would be a good fit in the Big 10, but I don't want to see them go. I like the "competitive" so-called "rivalry" we got goin on. We still dominate the football (tradition), they dominate the basketball, wrestling is pretty much even and baseball is NU with pretty good teams from MU.

*** Hypothetically, if MU bolts (which wont happen IMO), who does the Big 12 get. Possibly TCU in the South and move OSU to the North? Or do they go after Arkansas......who has always wanted in the big 12 and for location purposes makes a TON of sense !!!! I don't see a "new" north school comin in.

yeah I've heard some of the discussion and the interesting thing is if they decide to bring in more than one team. Instead of one team they might take 3 or 5 and make a super conference with an east division and a west division. If that is the case then Nebraska should listen to all their options.

After listening to unsportsmanlike conduct the last couple of days (not the entire show) and hearing guests and so-called experts, I really think Missouri, Notre Dame and Pitt make the most sense and will be the top 3 targets of the Big 10. They have Notre Dame before and ND is just fine being an independent. Right now, they control all, and it is a good situation for them.

MU would be a good fit in the Big 10, but I don't want to see them go. I like the "competitive" so-called "rivalry" we got goin on. We still dominate the football (tradition), they dominate the basketball, wrestling is pretty much even and baseball is NU with pretty good teams from MU.

*** Hypothetically, if MU bolts (which wont happen IMO), who does the Big 12 get. Possibly TCU in the South and move OSU to the North? Or do they go after Arkansas......who has always wanted in the big 12 and for location purposes makes a TON of sense !!!! I don't see a "new" north school comin in.

Well, Creighton will probably bring back their football team. Then who will I root for? :ahhhhhhhh

:facepalm::lol:

I like the idea of kicking Baylor out. No disrespect to a fine school, but their academic standards make it REALLY difficult for them to compete.

Well, they did beat *ahem* Mizzou this year. I honestly think they might be competitive in football in the next few years. I'm anxious to see what Briles does, he seems to be bringing improvement. And if they can beat Mizzou without Griffin, imagine who they can beat next year with him! :box

Yeah. I'm glad we have the TX / OKST rotation next year and not them. :sarcasm

Edit: Not meant to slam your opinion. I agree that Baylor is improving and may beat some decent teams in the coming years.

I like the idea of kicking Baylor out. No disrespect to a fine school, but their academic standards make it REALLY difficult for them to compete.

Well, they did beat *ahem* Mizzou this year. I honestly think they might be competitive in football in the next few years. I'm anxious to see what Briles does, he seems to be bringing improvement. And if they can beat Mizzou without Griffin, imagine who they can beat next year with him! :box

Yeah. I'm glad we have the TX / OKST rotation next year and not them. :sarcasm

Edit: Not meant to slam your opinion. I agree that Baylor is improving and may beat some decent teams in the coming years.

Baylor would've been better if their starting qb didn't get hurt. Probably be above a .500 team next year.

Missouri is not going to leave the Big 12. If they did they would also lose their Texas recruits. Plain and simple. The Big 12 revolves around Texas kids. The bulk of them choose either Texas schools or out of state Big 12 teams. Notre Dame isn't going to bend to anyone else's wishes either. It will probably be someone like Pittsburg, Syracuse or even Rutgers on a long shot. No school is going to make a major step sideways when it also includes a risk of being treated like a redheaded step child.

God knows this topic has been beaten into the ground of what if's <_<

But say, by some chance of god's will Mizzou does leave for the "little 11"...and say the Big 12 does have to add another team like Arkansas, then why not change it up and make it the East and West instead of the North and South? Just a thought...but in reality no one is moving...JMO

Who will the Big 10 (11) most likely add?

First look within their existing state boundries:

If ND wanted in, they would get the "red carpet" treatment and be added so fast it would make your head spin. Problem - ND likes it the way it is and won't give up its exclusive NBC TV contract.

Pitt - makes the most sense; 2nd university from Pennsylvania. Problem - Joe Pa doesn't want them and Joe Pa is one of the main pushers behind the expansion (or so I've read). If Pitt applies, the other Big 10 members may overrule Joe Pa.

ISU - makes NO sense from adding TV sets.

Any MAC school? No. Mich & MSU would stop other Mich schools and I can't believe that OSU would allow Ohio in.

Expanding to another state:

Rutgers - may end up as a compromise addition, but not ideal from a sports viewpoint and doubtful from a TV audience viewpoint. People in NY/NJ don't care that much about college football.

Missouri - to me this makes the most sense. Adds a big population state w/ lots of TV's. Also - I think that it would really benefit MU financially. Argument that MU would lose recruits from Texas makes no sense. Arkansas left the SW conference to join the SEC because they were always behind the Texas mob. Their FB team has done just as well in the SEC as they ever did when they were associated with Texas / SW Conf.

My opinion is that MU jumping from Big 12 brings in TCU and the North division loses even more power. This is NOT GOOD FOR NEBRASKA! Just hope that Pitt is the one!

I went to a few Texas boards today to see what they think about all of this MU leaving business. I may be wrong, but my sense is we think they are down there hoping to get TCU in etc., expand the Big 12 South with Texas, MU leaving, etc ... but I think its the opposite. the feeling I got, and I certainly do not speak for the longhorn nation, was they are nervous that if MU leaves and/or any more texas schools get in(TCU), the conference will weaken dramatically. some said maybe they even think they should bolt for the PAC 10 if this happens. they say will be back to the SW conference days. they themselves believe they will go back to being in a crappy conference They contend no one will want to carry a bunch of texas teams playing each other and the kids will want to bail for NU, Florida, etc. I thought that was intersting.

one of them posted these numbers( I do not know where they came from or how they were calculated but they seem right) below and why a big 12 school might bolt for an equal share of this money! an equal share of $214M vs an equal share of 1/2 $80M and partial share of rest.

Big Ten (214,000,000)

Southeastern (205,000,000)

Big XII (79,500,000)

ACC (66,857,143)

Pac Ten (53,150,000)

Big East (40,000,000)

Mountain West (23,714,286)

CUSA (11,300,000)

Western Athletic (4,000,000)

Mid American (1,400,000)

Atlantic 10 (1,000,000)

Total Revenue

Big Ten (280,628,952)

Southeastern (272,116,806)

Big XII (139,306,532)

ACC (126,608,527)

Pac Ten (103,053,427)

Big East (93,149,910)

Mountain West (48,022,000)

CUSA (36,081,537)

Mid American (21,279,716)

Western Athletic (19,674,348)

Atlantic 10 (12,416,499)

Sun Belt (11,912,222)

Colonial (10,109,737)

Missouri Valley (9,756,408)

Horizon (6,219,609)

again, I do not speak for either NU nation or Longhorn nation, but I think there is a lot of concern all the way around about if this league is about to really weaken....

I went to a few Texas boards today to see what they think about all of this MU leaving business. I may be wrong, but my sense is we think they are down there hoping to get TCU in etc., expand the Big 12 South with Texas, MU leaving, etc ... but I think its the opposite. the feeling I got, and I certainly do not speak for the longhorn nation, was they are nervous that if MU leaves and/or any more texas schools get in(TCU), the conference will weaken dramatically. some said maybe they even think they should bolt for the PAC 10 if this happens. they say will be back to the SW conference days. they themselves believe they will go back to being in a crappy conference They contend no one will want to carry a bunch of texas teams playing each other and the kids will want to bail for NU, Florida, etc. I thought that was intersting.

one of them posted these numbers( I do not know where they came from or how they were calculated but they seem right) below and why a big 12 school might bolt for an equal share of this money! an equal share of $214M vs an equal share of 1/2 $80M and partial share of rest.

Big Ten (214,000,000)

Southeastern (205,000,000)

Big XII (79,500,000)

ACC (66,857,143)

Pac Ten (53,150,000)

Big East (40,000,000)

Mountain West (23,714,286)

CUSA (11,300,000)

Western Athletic (4,000,000)

Mid American (1,400,000)

Atlantic 10 (1,000,000)

Total Revenue

Big Ten (280,628,952)

Southeastern (272,116,806)

Big XII (139,306,532)

ACC (126,608,527)

Pac Ten (103,053,427)

Big East (93,149,910)

Mountain West (48,022,000)

CUSA (36,081,537)

Mid American (21,279,716)

Western Athletic (19,674,348)

Atlantic 10 (12,416,499)

Sun Belt (11,912,222)

Colonial (10,109,737)

Missouri Valley (9,756,408)

Horizon (6,219,609)

again, I do not speak for either NU nation or Longhorn nation, but I think there is a lot of concern all the way around about if this league is about to really weaken....

While i won't say i disagree completely i think it is more that Texas wouldn't be able to run over everybody in the south. The only team that gives them a challenge every year is Oklahoma. Texas Tech, A&M, and Okla St. contend with them every once in a while. TCU has been doing really well recently and i think that scares Texas who would have another contender. They won't bolt for the PAC-10 because it's too far. They will start complaining they have to leave 1-2 days earlier to get adjusted to Pacific Time.

Face it they are in a credible conference in a relatively easy division. Perfect match for them.