quarterbacks....

Hunter94

How do you know the reality isn't good? That's way premature. Green is just a true freshman. Who knows how he'll turn out?

We have a lot of QBs on the team right now. Taylor Martinez and Ron Kellogg (Scout Team Offensive MVP) are two that could compete for playing time.

I think we're way jumping the gun with the panic mode at QB. We need to shore up the O Line first, then worry about QB.

The line, the line, the line. I would never be the one to anything to tarnish Frazier, Berringer, or Frost but I will say the O-lines they had in front of them allowed them to show case their talent, which was emence. The guys in the trenches are where every great starts, and the lines we had in the 90ies were great.

T_O_B

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

How do you know the reality isn't good? That's way premature. Green is just a true freshman. Who knows how he'll turn out?

We have a lot of QBs on the team right now. Taylor Martinez and Ron Kellogg (Scout Team Offensive MVP) are two that could compete for playing time.

I think we're way jumping the gun with the panic mode at QB. We need to shore up the O Line first, then worry about QB.

The line, the line, the line. I would never be the one to anything to tarnish Frazier, Berringer, or Frost but I will say the O-lines they had in front of them allowed them to show case their talent, which was emence. The guys in the trenches are where every great starts, and the lines we had in the 90ies were great.

T_O_B

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

If Pellini thought it was the line then why didn't they keep trying a different combination of players until it was fixed instead of receivers and QB's? <_< You can't have the OC blame the QB'S for lack of playing time then have it just be the line. If this is the case then the OC has not been doing his duty.

The line has had problems all year, injuries have hurt it.

This is where we need to improve, if so we will see Lee be better. But I again remind you that he was a fourth string QB last year.

And it seems everyone is looking for the bench rider to come in and take over.

I am sure there is a kid in 2013 that will save our team if only the staff would let him play.

Concentrate on what we have, understand that the coaches see them everyday and have a little, seriously better idea of what they are capable of than a bunch of internet geeks telling them who should be playing.

Bo will get it right, he has fixed the defense, he will figure out the offense, give it time.

My guess is that Lee still has the job next year, unless Spano can do what they thought he could this year. Remember Lee was behind Witt, Spano and on some lists Green this year.

A strong line infront of him, where he isn't fearing for his life, may make him a much better player.

Play the ones we have, not the ones we think we have. The coaches know who to play, their jobs depend on it.

so then was it great/better qb play, or great/better line play, that made our offense look so great against the sun belt? im not being sarcastic. ive truly been wondering this. against those weaker foes, our offense looked, well, damn good. so what was it?

As with most things, it wasn't just one factor that accounted for our stellar play against the Sun Belt. I think mostly it was the fact that the Sun Belt schools sucked. And that most of our line was healthy when we played them. And that they were intimidated, no matter what they said. And that Zac was NOT intimidated by those guys.

When we got into the heart of the Big 12 schedule, Zac lost all confidence, the line was banged up, Helu was banged up, Burkhead was banged up, the WRs all got a case of the Dumbs and Dropies, and our OC wasn't taking any chances with anything.

I think what bothers most of us the most is the total lack of progress this season from the offense. If anything they regressed. With Helu/Burkhead, McNeil and even Niles Paul there are playmakers on the field. Are the Huskers that pathetic at qb and in the line? Unfortunately yes. Didn't Yale even have a better qb than the Huskers? :hmmph

Agreed. Everything i've read about Martinez has been nothing but positive.

I know that Bo loves his athleticism, but have heard (and seen if you watch his high school video actually) that his throwing is pretty bad. Not sure it could be worse than Lee's at this point, but who knows? I have to believe the job goes to Green with another year of learning the system under his belt. Fingers crossed.

The line has had problems all year, injuries have hurt it.

This is where we need to improve, if so we will see Lee be better. But I again remind you that he was a fourth string QB last year.

And it seems everyone is looking for the bench rider to come in and take over.

I am sure there is a kid in 2013 that will save our team if only the staff would let him play.

Concentrate on what we have, understand that the coaches see them everyday and have a little, seriously better idea of what they are capable of than a bunch of internet geeks telling them who should be playing.

Bo will get it right, he has fixed the defense, he will figure out the offense, give it time.

My guess is that Lee still has the job next year, unless Spano can do what they thought he could this year. Remember Lee was behind Witt, Spano and on some lists Green this year.

A strong line infront of him, where he isn't fearing for his life, may make him a much better player.

Play the ones we have, not the ones we think we have. The coaches know who to play, their jobs depend on it.

:worship:yeah:worship

I hope we see Cody Green and/or LaTravis Washington play most of the Holiday Bowl. Don't think we should wait till sping practice to start the competition. In my opinion that the O-line was primarily responsible for the regression in our offense this season, but Lee can't run the option and his passing is very inconsistent.

Lets try someone else!

I hope we see Cody Green and/or LaTravis Washington play most of the Holiday Bowl. Don't think we should wait till sping practice to start the competition. In my opinion that the O-line was primarily responsible for the regression in our offense this season, but Lee can't run the option and his passing is very inconsistent.

Lets try someone else!

I am all for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='father5' date='Dec 19 2009, 09:40 AM' post='545362'

I know that Bo loves his athleticism, but have heard (and seen if you watch his high school video actually) that his throwing is pretty bad. Not sure it could be worse than Lee's at this point, but who knows? I have to believe the job goes to Green with another year of learning the system under his belt. Fingers crossed.

And what system would that be? We haven't stuck with one offensive strategy for the last two or three years.....

Even though he is a Freshman I just hope Green's passing this year isn't an indication of things to come. He had the nice touchdown throw against Baylor but besides that just not very impressive throwing the ball. He came in with a lot of hype. I'm not sold on him yet. I guess we'll find out.

I'd like to see what Martinez brings to the table but just like everyone else he is a big question mark too. It's going to be real interesting to see who our quarterback is next year to say the very least.

i just cant believe how bad of a passer zach lee turned out to be against big twelve competition. Anyone remember that "deep ball" against Texas that we was trying to throw to niles but threw it like 5 yards inside AND underthrew it? SO SO SO many of his supposed "strength" deep passes were underthown and misplaced. He is just, eh, not good.