Another uniform thread

JTrain

I think it's pretty funny, just to play devil's advocate here, that so many people are completely disgusted by fans wearing black to the games, or god forbid the team ever using alternate black jerseys... and yet, did anyone notice they wear black socks and shoes?????? Yes, that is part of the uniform. No one is forcing the team to wear that color of socks and shoes. There are such things as white shoes and socks and even red shoes and socks. And there is no NCAA rule forcing anyone to wear black. Oklahoma wears white shoes and socks. Many schools do. And yet Nebraska chooses to have black footwear as PART OF THEIR UNIFORM. Did I miss something? Where is the outrage? Where are the petitions? Black is NOT a school color! So why have we intentionally included it in our uniform for years now?

IMG_5635.JPG

CUdavegillespie.jpg

For the record, I don't care either way. But I was just curious why I haven't ever seen it brought up amongst all the anti-black tirades.

Something as insignificant as socks is probably just decided by the team (whole team, "captains", or unity council?) before the season starts. I know back in 2001 we wore long red socks, and I think that looked better than our current black ones do. But that says to me that it's just something that can change from year to year, depending on the desires of the team.

These were my favorite uniform years. I used to love the white pants and red socks for home games and the red pants and white socks for away games. I can still see Crouch running the ball, taking a hit, and pulling his socks back up as soon as he got up. Definitely a cool look that I (tried) to emulate in high school.

Back in the 80's the Newspaper reported the reason was that white socks and shoes looked slower then black ones. I think Osborne was even quoted in the paper as saying this. Course I've been wrong before :)

i always thought the consensus was the opposite, that white shoes/socks looked faster, and that it was the miami?/florida schools that brought that about in the 80s. of course, ive been wrong before. :)

Back in the 80's the Newspaper reported the reason was that white socks and shoes looked slower then black ones. I think Osborne was even quoted in the paper as saying this. Course I've been wrong before :)

i always thought the consensus was the opposite, that white shoes/socks looked faster, and that it was the miami?/florida schools that brought that about in the 80s. of course, ive been wrong before. :)

One name to answer this debate: Billy "White Shoes" Johnson (he was fast, at least looked faster than everyone else)

I don't know if this counts as a chorus but...

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

More of a quartet of facepalms really. But there are not enough faceaplms in the world to make me describe how bad od an idea it is for the skers to where anything other than red or white. I still don't understand why we would want to try to look like colorado or missouri.