McCoy says....

He's either just looking at total defense rankings (and not meaning subjectively better), or he was trying to say they aren't letting up in their offensive preparation by assuming NU was the best they'll ever face. In which case, poor word usage, he ought to have said "as good as, if not better".

I think there's really zero percent chance he actually thinks that way about our defense or wants to publicly antagonize us in any way.

Unless the ESPN guys were so hard on him in all his post-CCG interviews that he got completely sick and is just PO'd at the mere mention of Nebraska, Bo Pelini, or Ndamukong Suh because angry is the only emotional reaction he can resort to without completely falling apart, curling into a ball and sucking his thumb for a week (at the mention of said names).

you know what, let's put that as a 5% chance.

Thoughts?

Is he just saying this because he's going to go against Bama's now? Or is this just his cocky self spouting off again?

Heard it on ESPN in his interview, im sure many of you have seen it already, i saw the interview at work, w/o sound lol.. so i just now heard what was said....

Statistically speaking, Bama is better than NU.

The real question for McCoy is, can your line protect you long enough to be productive? Bama is thanking us for exposing UT's offense and will surely exploit it the same way we did.

UT's in for a long night. Bama has three SEC Defensive All-Americans.

DT - Terrence Cody

LB - Rolando McClain

S - Mark Barron

Bama probably has the best D in the country. Not a good sign for Texas that they struggled considerably against the two closest D's to bama's that they faced.

I wouldn't be pissed about McCoy saying bama's D is best. Brown saying 'bama had three Suhs is just ridiculous though. Suh has numbers comparable to the whole 'bama d-line put together and is considered the best defensive player of the decade in the draft.

McCoy's remarks are completely understandable. (Almost anything else would be suicidal...or at least bulletin board material).

Blow wind up your upcoming opponent's skirt..

It's not like he's ever going to see our Defense again.

And I was under the impression that Alabama had the best overall defense.. :dunno at least statistically.

It's almost like the opposite of Rodeo Sex.

You mount yer girl from behind and mention something like, "You move even better than yore Sister".

Then try to hold on for eight seconds.

McCoy's remarks are completely understandable.

Blow wind up your upcoming opponent's skirt..

It's not like he's ever going to see our Defense again.

And I was under the impression that Alabama had the best overall defense.. :dunno at least statistically.

It's almost like the opposite of Rodeo Sex.

You mount yer girl from behind and mention something like, "You move even better than yore Sister".

Then try to hold on for eight seconds.

Scoring defense, bama is 1 and we are 2... by 3 total points.. the same 3 that theoretically shouldn't have been scored.. or the 7 that paul allowed TT to score, etc.. neways..

yes i understand statistically they are the best defense, tough to say there is a huge difference b/w 1,2 2,3 3,4 etc.... when you remove Va Tech (common opponent) you get the following for total offense played against.

NU

649/12 = 54.08

Bama

108 (ne1 realize LSU was THAT bad on offense?)

701/12 = 58.42

So also statistically NU went against tougher offenses.. sure, only by 4.4 spots, but we aren't very far behind them either. when they don't have all the common opponents its kinda hard to compare.. only one you can is Va Tech and that team was so up and down all year.

If Alabama has a better Defense it may be because of their Offense. Imagine how much better Nebraska's Defense could have been if they were not constantly on the field?

Texas' Offense line is going to have to step up their chop blocks to save McCoy from getting pressure.

To think a QB going into the NCG is going to say about the number 1 team with the best defensive statistics in the nation:

"Oh they are good but I think Nebraska is better" would be totally stupid.

There's a reason that bama is number 1. They have a great defense and a very good offense. They played a tougher schedule (the SEC is tougher this year than the B12) and are undefeated. If I were playing Bama in a few days, I would not say anything that was disrespectful at all. They deserve respect as the number 1 team in the nation. They would likely beat us like a red-headed step child. And I would guess they will beat Texas but that's why they go ahead and play the games.

After giving the kudos like McCoy did; I would hope to go out there and play our best game and kill them! I'm sure McCoy feels the same way.

Our day in the limelight will hopefully come, but to feel slighted when someone that is in the NCG gives kudos to the number one team in the country is silly.