First game memories

samms007

Not sure if there is another one out here but here we go.

Dont remember the year but my first game was when Calvin Jones** played a hell of a game against Kansas. It was a eithere a kickoff or punt all the way to the house for a touchdown had to be 90 yrds plus. The place was amazing. I still remember to this day wondering why the hell everyone had balloons at a football game..

Not sure if there is another one out here but here we go.

Dont remember the year but my first game was when Calvin Johnson played a hell of a game against Kansas. It was a eithere a kickoff or punt all the way to the house for a touchdown had to be 90 yrds plus. The place was amazing. I still remember to this day wondering why the hell everyone had balloons at a football game..

my first game was a loss, the don james coached huskies in memorial, night game, north endzone, fleeing memories they were, i was...just over 4 or 5.

10/6/1984

Nebraska vs. Oklahoma St.

What a great memory. I was 11 yrs. old and my late brother-in-law (RIP) had 2 tix to the game and took me to my 1st live Husker football game at Memorial Stadium. He drove in from Grand Island to Omaha to pick me up and away to Lincoln we went. I remember it being a cloudy day.

We were behind all the way up until the 4th quarter when Shane Swanson ran a punt return back for a TD which set the pace for the rest of the game. I'll never forget how the stadium erupted after that punt return. It left such an impression on my young mind. We ended up winning 17-3.

I still have the program and a couple of Polaroid pics from that game. It was an awesome experience.

I do not remember the exact date, but it was around 1972 ish. I was with my uncle(who at the time owned a half dozen of the banks in town) so we were right on the 50. I believe we were playing Missouri. I believe Adrian Fiala was with us or in the vicinity-he was a good friend of my uncles. And I remember my uncle had this big cannon thing with the big flanged barrel on the end. He would shoot that damned cannon thing off everytime Nebraska scored and no one around us could hear for 5 minutes. What a bunch of damned hillbillies!(sorta)

How times have changed...if we walked up to the stadium now with that cannon thingy let alone tried to take it in the stadium, the whole place would be in lock down...

1995 vs. Arizona State.

NU Received the opening kick.

The first play from scrimmage, Clinton Childs busted it right up the middle for 65 yards and a TD. The rest of the game was pretty much the same way... It was 63-21 by halftime, and ended up 77-28.

I remember that game. ASU's coach Bruce Snyder was furious at Dr. Tom after the game for running up the score.

He got sweet revenge in '96 though when ASU snapped our 26 game win streak. That game hurt to watch. :facepalm:

1995 vs. Arizona State.

NU Received the opening kick.

The first play from scrimmage, Clinton Childs busted it right up the middle for 65 yards and a TD. The rest of the game was pretty much the same way... It was 63-21 by halftime, and ended up 77-28.

I think that was one of my first (if not the very first) Husker games too. I remember we stayed at the same hotel as the ASU players. My cousin and I played some video games with them the night before the game. Maybe that's why the game was such a blowout...

96 NU @ ISU

Never got a chance to go see a game when I was younger so when I took my college visit to ISU I made sure it was the Husker game, got to sit in the student section which at that time ISU had a hard time filling the stadium and had great seats. Frost and the O completely demolished ISU, it was over at half. Don't really have too many memories of the game, but my first weekend in a college atmosphere was awesome!

I believe it was in 87ish...I live outta state. I know we were playing South Carolina and I think they had Sterling Sharpe at the time. I remember walking through the parking lots with the stupid rooster crow sounds going off for the Gamecocks and thinking "WTH is that"....it was crazy!

I had also never sat in any stands in the end of a stadium (south) and thought it was impossible to tell if a gain went for 7 yards or minus 3.

I'm pretty sure we had Scott Baldwin then, too.

I'm just too lazy to look up the date and rosters right now.

I liked the SC fans though. It was pretty cool to see how they tailgated. i thought they had a decent following and showing.