Venting About The Bowl Selection

But fickle NU fans who cheered firing a bowl winning 10 - 3 staff in 2003 now seem quite satisfied with our offense an OC for some bizarre reason. Only at Nebraska....

I wonder - where does a person find these Nebraska fans you're talking about? There have been uncountable numbers of threads screaming for Watson's head, Cotton's head, Gilmore's head, and new players all over the offense.

Everyone I speak to in my daily life is royally pissed about our offense. My family is furious. The fans I talk to on the street or in bars or at the coffee shop are pissed. Everywhere I go it's the same thing - people think we wasted this defense, and Suh's senior year, this season.

So where is this enclave of happy Husker fans that "seem quite satisfied with our offense?" Are they hanging out with Sasquatch and his unicorn pals?

I'm satisfied with the offense....last year's offense. One season is an abberration. Two seasons is a trend. Craig Bohl got another season after the end of 2001 to right the ship and he couldn't. Watson will get the same.

Bottom line is, the dude is getting paid $375,000 (thats a sh*tload of money) & for all that money, all he had to do was put a MEDIOCRE offense on the field this year & Nebraska would at the very least be in the Fiesta Bowl. Watson completely failed & does not deserve another year. Can his sorry a$$

Some continue to down play Arizona.

We barely lost out on the Fiesta Bowl.

They barely lost out on the Rose Bowl.

Difference? Have the same basic record as ours.

They played a tougher schedule, beat ranked teams that are still ranked.

Better team as to results than we are.

Respect them, they deserve it.

Some continue to down play Arizona.

We barely lost out on the Fiesta Bowl.

They barely lost out on the Rose Bowl.

Difference? Have the same basic record as ours.

They played a tougher schedule, beat ranked teams that are still ranked.

Better team as to results than we are.

Respect them, they deserve it.

:yeah

This is by no means an easy game. I'd rather play Stanford (just to see Gerhart vs Suh), but Arizona is every bit as deserving of this game as we are.

I said this in another thread, but I was WRONG. No way did I expect to see our offense put up 33 points, and yes, I thought that Arizona was capable of scoring a TD or 2. I am really glad I was wrong.

Very impressive by the Huskers.....