Arizona Forums

I usually spend a lot of time on opponent message boards prior to Husker Game day, and I can assure you the Arizona fans are some of the most delusional fans I've ever read.

There is nothing wrong with thinking your team should win. I don't mind that at all, but they seem to be going overboard in their attempt to paint our defense as anything but dominant.

A lot of them seem to think Arizona will have the best offense we have seen all season, while the Husker defense will be only the 3rd best unit the Cats have seen all year behind Iowa and Arizona State.

Some of them have even tried to argue Nebraska's D-line will only be middle of the pack compared to some the D-lines they've faced this season.

YOu can believe your team has a shot to win without dissing your opponent. It is possible to accurately predict a victory without having to trash and opponents strength in order to somehow justify your ability to win the game.

I usually spend a lot of time on opponent message boards prior to Husker Game day, and I can assure you the Arizona fans are some of the most delusional fans I've ever read.

There is nothing wrong with thinking your team should win. I don't mind that at all, but they seem to be going overboard in their attempt to paint our defense as anything but dominant.

A lot of them seem to think Arizona will have the best offense we have seen all season, while the Husker defense will be only the 3rd best unit the Cats have seen all year behind Iowa and Arizona State.

Some of them have even tried to argue Nebraska's D-line will only be middle of the pack compared to some the D-lines they've faced this season.

YOu can believe your team has a shot to win without dissing your opponent. It is possible to accurately predict a victory without having to trash and opponents strength in order to somehow justify your ability to win the game.

:laughpound:laughpound

Hell those Arizona fans are in fact delusional. Just a quick look at the stats can prove that otherwise.

How is that any different than people on this board whining that Arizona isn't a good enough opponent, that we aren't going to allow their offense to get a single first down and how our offense will all of the sudden find a way to put points on the board?

Arizona has had a better season than us, and is a team to be reckoned with. They are homers, we are homers, this isn't anything new?

The fact that you guys only think they are delusional is, in fact, quite delusional.

Arizona State's Defense > Nebraska's Defense ????

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Okay first: ROFLMAO.

Second, I started reading and said, wow I said the same exact thing about Mizzou fans when I was on their boards prior to the missouri game (we beat them last 2 years, so why not this year? lol)

Then I said the same thing about Kstate fans when I was on their board prior to the Kstate game... (not only were they delusional about it being a good game, they pride themselves on ripping crouch's head off).

After reading what you've found on their boards... i think they take the cake. Some of the things you've found are just downright unbelievable.... middle of the line d-line? 3rd best D behind IOWA AND ASU????? like I am getting angry that there are that many niave fans for arizona... and I liked that school too *sigh*.

Guess you can't find husker fans everywhere!

How is that any different than people on this board whining that Arizona isn't a good enough opponent, that we aren't going to allow their offense to get a single first down and how our offense will all of the sudden find a way to put points on the board?

Easily

Nebraska schemes a single TD drive

wins the field position battle and is able to make 3 fg

Nebraska either gets a D td or puts the o in the redzone for a td

Nebraska plays as good or a little less then they have all year

Final score

Nebraska 23-28 area

Arizona 13-20 area

IMO

Arizona has had a better season than us, and is a team to be reckoned with. They are homers, we are homers, this isn't anything new?

The fact that you guys only think they are delusional is, in fact, quite delusional.

I'm not being a homer. Instead I'm laughing at the fact Arizona fans claim the Blackshirts will only be the 3rd best Defense they've seen or their Offense is the best we've seen all year. They apparently have not watched any Big 12 football this year.

v/r

Delusional

How do you figure? NU finished 9-3 (9-4 after the CCG, which UA didn't play in one) and UA was 8-4.

Yeah it makes me laugh when they think that they are gunna be able to put that many points on us. REALLY?

But if somehow they end up doing so, we are in trouble. They haven't seen a defense like ours all year long and I think that the first drive when they actually feel the power of our d-line, it's gunna catch them off gaurd. I predict they will easily go 3 and out that first drive and not go forward at all.

Yeah it makes me laugh when they think that they are gunna be able to put that many points on us. REALLY?

But if somehow they end up doing so, we are in trouble. They haven't seen a defense like ours all year long and I think that the first drive when they actually feel the power of our d-line, it's gunna catch them off gaurd. I predict they will easily go 3 and out that first drive and not go forward at all.

I think it could depend on if NU's O turns the ball over (entirely possible) giving AU a short field. Witness what NU did against OU, 1 yd TD drive on Lee's first series.

That said, I don't think either Offense is going on too many 80 yd TD drives.

I think this game will be based on turnovers and field position. Both intangibles