Arizona Forums

Some of those Arizona fans predicted the score would be 31-3! :hmmph

That prediction wasn't that far removed! :lol:

Just wondering if a Nebraska game thread had a few fans from another team and Nebraska was getting their ass kicked in would have been treated as nice as the Husker fans were? <_<

Que? (what?)

I usually spend a lot of time on opponent message boards prior to Husker Game day, and I can assure you the Arizona fans are some of the most delusional fans I've ever read.

There is nothing wrong with thinking your team should win. I don't mind that at all, but they seem to be going overboard in their attempt to paint our defense as anything but dominant.

A lot of them seem to think Arizona will have the best offense we have seen all season, while the Husker defense will be only the 3rd best unit the Cats have seen all year behind Iowa and Arizona State.

Some of them have even tried to argue Nebraska's D-line will only be middle of the pack compared to some the D-lines they've faced this season.

YOu can believe your team has a shot to win without dissing your opponent. It is possible to accurately predict a victory without having to trash and opponents strength in order to somehow justify your ability to win the game.

The PAC10 fans like offenses and don't respect good defenses from other conferences. When they see stats from defenses like Nebraska, Texas, TCU, Alabama or Florida, they assume its because those teams played weak offenses. Oregon fans expect to score no less than 45 points on Ohio State. Nebraska looked good enough to be playing in the title game.

They were saying before the game that Nebraska hasn't faced a Spread Offense like Zona (They thinbk Zona's Spread is unique), They had better players than Texas, Nebraska Defense was slow, Nebraska only had Suh, etc. etc.

After the Game their threads are all about Nebraska Fans are the worse and Suh will be a Bust in the NFL. They say none heard of Suh until the Texas Game.

Out of every forum I have read over the years, they are the least educated. They know nothing outside of the State of Arizona.

They say in one thread that Nebraska can't be better next year without Suh and than turn around and say Suh only gets sacks because of the Coverage and players around him.

They were saying before the game that Nebraska hasn't faced a Spread Offense like Zona (They thinbk Zona's Spread is unique), They had better players than Texas, Nebraska Defense was slow, Nebraska only had Suh, etc. etc.

After the Game their threads are all about Nebraska Fans are the worse and Suh will be a Bust in the NFL. They say none heard of Suh until the Texas Game.

Out of every forum I have read over the years, they are the least educated. They know nothing outside of the State of Arizona.

They say in one thread that Nebraska can't be better next year without Suh and than turn around and say Suh only gets sacks because of the Coverage and players around him.

its a lost cause brother...they dont get football over there on that board.

its a lost cause brother...they dont get football over there on that board.

Exactly. I think they're a basketball school, or a girl-chasing school, or... something.

I tried. I spent three days over there a week or two ago trying to talk football to them, and I basically got run off. I was polite, respectful, and I gave good analysis/insight into our team. All of my predictions were a close Arizona win, and I agreed with everyone who said our offense was horrific. I was as respectful as you could be, yet I was treated with disrespect. Our team was disrespected, our fans were disrespected and our coaches were disrespected.

Read some of the quotes from our players after the game. The Arizona players were behaving the same way. EA asked Suh why he was still in the game so late in a blowout and he said he wanted it to be absolutely clear who the best team on the field was last night, because they had no respect for us at all. The Wildcats were "talking, talking, talking" according to Asante, all game long. They had no respect for us and it showed in how they approached the game. Their fans have no respect for us, and it shows in their lack of knowledge about the game and our players.

And then what really chaps my ash is that members of our own board go over to the Arizona board where, again, our team, coaches, fans, traditions, etc are being treated so poorly, and members of our board apologize to the Arizona fans for our behavior in defending our team.

I about puked when I saw that. Unbelievable.

Read some of the quotes from our players after the game. The Arizona players were behaving the same way. EA asked Suh why he was still in the game so late in a blowout and he said he wanted it to be absolutely clear who the best team on the field was last night, because they had no respect for us at all. The Wildcats were "talking, talking, talking" according to Asante, all game long. They had no respect for us and it showed in how they approached the game. Their fans have no respect for us, and it shows in their lack of knowledge about the game and our players.

Reminds me of the story told during the broadcast about the last time Arizona got blown out like last night. Came into LSU thinking they were hot sh#t, jumping up and down on the logo. A team that LSU was fully prepared to overlook ('Zona was 3-8 the previous season), suddenly got the full attention of an angry defense. 45-3 was the result that night. If they want to talk, maybe they should try doing something before talking. At least Georgia scored before they danced on the Florida logo.

Reminds me of the story told during the broadcast about the last time Arizona got blown out like last night. Came into LSU thinking they were hot sh#t, jumping up and down on the logo. A team that LSU was fully prepared to overlook ('Zona was 3-8 the previous season), suddenly got the full attention of an angry defense. 45-3 was the result that night. If they want to talk, maybe they should try doing something before talking. At least Georgia scored before they danced on the Florida logo.

Greatest thing about that story is that Bo was the DC for LSU at the time, my my how things come full circle.

And then what really chaps my ash is that members of our own board go over to the Arizona board where, again, our team, coaches, fans, traditions, etc are being treated so poorly, and members of our board apologize to the Arizona fans for our behavior in defending our team.

I about puked when I saw that. Unbelievable.

Those were apologies for posters flooding their boards and completely talking sh!t without it being antagonized. Posters like Cornhuskers, etc. I think you're drinking too much Kool-Aid if you couldn't see some posters notched as Husker fans there were complete d-bags up front.