Texas Tech sucks, who can we steal?

I've been on here a while ... and I've watched these threads and posters for long to to form an "opinion".

Sadly, most of these folks aren't joking. It happens every time and the way they talk within the post certainly suggest they are not joking. People actually thought we were gonna steal one or more recruits from Florida ... the next day we find out different news about that coach. Mangino goes out ... we are gonna steal someone from them ... 7-10 days later Turner Gill is there. The speculation on this board is absolutely crazy.

Yes, other boards can and do do this ... so, I guess from the responses ... we should/can do this as well. But then again ... I thought Husker fans are "different". I would like to put myself in that catagory.

Fact is ... TT killed us this year, absolutely embarrassed us ... and has beaten us pretty consistent in the past five years.

Fact is ... a human being is being accused of something.

Fact is ... we don't know all the facts.

Fact is ... I would gather with our recent history ... that we would lose a recruit like Quincy Enunwa. We lost CC and Gabbert because of their view of our offensive future ... so who knows. We got a RB in the same way ... so let it shake out.

Finally, if I gather what you are saying, I suppose Turner Gill will have something happen ... this former Husker great, who is also a brother in Christ ... and within minutes we will have a thread ... "Kansas sucks, who can we steal?" ... and you are fine with that and I should just lighten up ... it's just a joke.

If that's true ... then I shut up ... if not ... then please take 5-6 posts to paint me out as someone who should "lighten" up.

Remember what you represent guys ... even in the small things and the "appearance" of things. You have an "N" on our helmet ... we are Nebraska.

Just my opinion ... saying it loud ... hear it or let it fall on deaf ears I suppose.

Nuff said,

SheepdogMark

I've been on here a while ... and I've watched these threads and posters for long to to form an "opinion".

Sadly, most of these folks aren't joking. It happens every time and the way they talk within the post certainly suggest they are not joking. People actually thought we were gonna steal one or more recruits from Florida ... the next day we find out different news about that coach. Mangino goes out ... we are gonna steal someone from them ... 7-10 days later Turner Gill is there. The speculation on this board is absolutely crazy.

Yes, other boards can and do do this ... so, I guess from the responses ... we should/can do this as well. But then again ... I thought Husker fans are "different". I would like to put myself in that catagory.

Fact is ... TT killed us this year, absolutely embarrassed us ... and has beaten us pretty consistent in the past five years.

Fact is ... I would gather with our recent history ... that we would lose a recruit like Quincy Enunwa. We lost CC and Gabbert because of their view of our offensive future ... so who knows. We got a RB in the same way ... so let it shake out.

Finally, if I gather what you are saying, I suppose Turner Gill will have something happen ... this former Husker great, who is also a brother in Christ ... and within minutes we will have a thread ... "Kansas sucks, who can we steal?" ... and you are fine with that and I should just lighten up ... it's just a joke.

If that's true ... then I shut up ... if not ... then please take 5-6 posts to paint me out as someone who should "lighten" up.

Remember what you represent guys ... even in the small things and the "appearance" of things. You have an "N" on our helmet ... we are Nebraska.

Just my opinion ... saying it loud ... hear it or let it fall on deaf ears I suppose.

Nuff said,

SheepdogMark

So I am assuming that you have never made a joke in bad taste?

Nuff said,

SheepdogMark

I would imagine I have ... I guess everything I just said is "null and void" now. But, atleast "thanks" for validating my point and stating that this is in "bad taste"!

SheepdogMark

Nuff said,

SheepdogMark

I would imagine I have ... I guess everything I just said is "null and void" now. But, atleast "thanks" for validating my point and stating that this is in "bad taste"!

SheepdogMark

In a sense yes, but it is also fun to speculate about what could happen IMO. When an event happens that has a bunch of ramifications, I think it is fairly commonplace to have discussions on individual facets of that event. Such is the case in these threads. Absolutely it is a shame that the Coach lost his job, that the circumstances are tough on the players, etc., but it is also often a fact that these events lead to decommits. If you have an issued discussing this aspect while leaving the other parts out, then just don't read them.

Nuff said,

SheepdogMark

SheepdogMark

:cop::facepalm:

ridiculous

You realize this is a message board, right???? If you are seriously angry that these threads exist, maybe you should spend your time elsewhere.....it sure as hell is not going to change.

I personally get a kick out of these threads. Put a smile on my face every time. And I for one never thought we were going to steal all those 5 :star Florida recruits. Again, it's a joke. It's speculation. It's rumors. Sorry if you think it's in "bad taste" but I think it's funny.

Getting seriously angry about these threads is bad taste.