NU coaches: "Three spots left in the class"

If we are really back in on OWA then I want to change my choices.

Cooper

Owa

Bell

Cooper before Owa ??? :dunno

I think the coaches would rather have Cooper than Owa. We gave Cooper the full court press . . . Owa just got a normal in-home visit. Either the Pelinis think we need a safety more than another DE . . . or their film evaluation shows them that Cooper is a better player than Owa . . . and that the recruiting services have it wrong.

I trust the Pelinis to know who is the better recruit. (or at least the one we think we have a chance at.) Therefore, Cooper tops my list as well. I wouldn't mind the national attention that an Owa commitment would garner, however.

If we are really back in on OWA then I want to change my choices.

Cooper

Owa

Bell

Cooper before Owa ??? :dunno

I think the coaches would rather have Cooper than Owa. We gave Cooper the full court press . . . Owa just got a normal in-home visit. Either the Pelinis think we need a safety more than another DE . . . or their film evaluation shows them that Cooper is a better player than Owa . . . and that the recruiting services have it wrong.

I trust the Pelinis to know who is the better recruit. (or at least the one we think we have a chance at.) Therefore, Cooper tops my list as well. I wouldn't mind the national attention that an Owa commitment would garner, however.

I think we need Cooper more than Owa. After next year, Hagg, West, Prince, Gomes, and Thenarse are all gone. That's FIVE DBs, and Dennard is eligible for the draft. That is one scary thought. We need DBs.

Cooper

Owa

Harris/Wright/Jackson

I have been out of the loop with Owa so I dont know how much of a realistic chance we have.

With that said:

Cooper

Bell

Colter

If Owa wants N then you make room for him end of story. If Owa wants N I see us taking 4 instead of 3.

Yeah, I think I would edit my original post putting Owa back in the "realistic" camp, even though I still think it's a bit of a long shot judging by his comments (sounds like we're in 5th place).

You can pretty much take that to the bank. Owa, from what I have been hearing is pretty much a no go.

Yeah, I think I would edit my original post putting Owa back in the "realistic" camp, even though I still think it's a bit of a long shot judging by his comments (sounds like we're in 5th place).

You can pretty much take that to the bank. Owa, from what I have been hearing is pretty much a no go.

Heard that as well.

I did also hear that distance is the key factor. Like I said earlier in a different thread I think Owa would be N if his decision was only based on football.

He has a single mom and 4-5 younger siblings that he is very close to.

My question is when the Coaches say that to Simek, do they mean in addition to the spot they are holding for Cooper? If so, that changes things considerably.

This could be. That does change things considerably.

If that be the case I am going to go with:

Cooper

1.Mobley-recent development, we shall see.

2.Bell-if the reports on Mobley are true do we even take Bell? I wouldnt imagine.

3.Simek

4.Colter-I think he is Northwestern bound.

5.Owa-There is still an outside chance. There is no question that if big Owamagbe Odighizuwa (spelled it from memory) says "I want to play football at Nebraska." you make room for him.

I dont know enough about Carnes' situation to know what our odds are with him. I know that we are pursuing him hard and that he may visit.

I think with the spot held for Cooper, and having gotten Mobley, that means two of: Simek/Bell/QB. It seems like any 2 of those three would be acceptable. I would personally want Bell and the QB.

Owa, if he wants to come, would be get another spot that opens up for him.

My understanding with Colter's situation is that he is looking for a school which is prestigious academically as well. In other words, Ivy League status without actually being an Ivy League school.

Which is why it made sense that he was originally headed to Stanford because they're considered the Ivy League of the West Coast. And since he mentioned liking Northwestern a lot, then that'll probably be where he ends up since they're considered the Ivy League of the Midwest.

Therefore I wouldn't count on Colter coming here.

I think with the spot held for Cooper, and having gotten Mobley, that means two of: Simek/Bell/QB. It seems like any 2 of those three would be acceptable. I would personally want Bell and the QB.

Owa, if he wants to come, would be get another spot that opens up for him.

Hhhmmm, I want Simek. I just think the future numbers on the O-Line and his talent level makes it hard not to take him. He would be a great pick up IMO for a couple of reasons. I say on top of Cooper I would like to see:

1)Simek

2)Carnes

3)Bell

I think that the staff makes room for Owa no matter what so I don't bother fitting him into the list. Also for Mobley, there is a lot of grumbling that either his commitment won't be accepted or that he may be a sign and place guy. I am not too sold that Mobley will end up counting as a part of the 2010 recruiting class.